• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 albatross

albatross

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 03:56 AM

Hi guys my son downloaded Rayman legends yesterday and after an hour long download and install the TV  and Wii U controller just went to a white screen. After about 2 hours I decided to switch off at that point and reboot but it just goes to the Wii U logo screen and thats it.

I have left it on overnight but no change,

Looks as though it is bricked I guess. it is out of warranty so what do I do now? can't make any sense of the official nintendo help page. Cant find any info on how to get it repaired.

What now? has anyone got one fixed and how much did it cost? I am concerned that all out downloads are lost forever now. Mario Kart, Rayman, Zelda etc etc

Thanks

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 20 September 2015 - 04:50 AM

Email or call nintendo support.1 (800) 255-3700
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 20 September 2015 - 04:51 AM

You should call Nintendo's support number. If you're in the US it's 800-255-3700. It's possible they may be able to repair it, or you could just buy another console. The refurbished consoles through Nintendo's store are a very good deal.

Your downloaded games are not lost forever. They are associated with your NNID, which can be transferred to another console with Nintendo Support's help. 

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#4 albatross

albatross

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 05:07 AM

Thanks for the help.

I am in the UK.  Is that a UK number?

I will have a look at some refurbished ones as well as it might be worth it going that way.

#5 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:56 AM

Thanks for the help.

I am in the UK.  Is that a UK number?

Here is the UK support page: https://www.nintendo...act-621598.html

number is +44 (0)345 60 50 247

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#6 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:04 PM

try unplugging the Wii U for a few minutes and force shut down the controller by pressing and holding the power button until the screen shuts off. Then plug the wii u in again and hit either power button.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#7 albatross

albatross

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:06 AM

Tried all that. I have phoned Nintendo and have sent it back to them now so I will report back on the service I receive.

They did say that the cost would be 55, 125 or 135 pounds depending on what is wrong with it. I am hoping it will be the lower price as I cannot believe it is anything more than a Bios re flash.

I have to say that the phone support is some of the best I have received from any company; usually, when you hold for an operator you are waiting for minutes but both times I have phoned Nintendo I got through to a very efficient and polite operator in about a second or two.

Fantastic from Nintendo.

Got the Wii U back today. Fast turnaround and they did it for free despite being out of Warranty and then they threw in another 12 month Warranty on it as well.

What a great company.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!