NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 22 January 2016 - 05:46 PM

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:07 PM

I pissed off some people in the comments saying the textures make the game look like trash and its hilarious.
no I'm not trolling, the updated textures and using the SAME EXACT MODELS makes the issues and lack of polygons in the model more obvious and it just looks really bad. Wind waker did the same exact thing, but it actually worked because of the art style. Since tp tries to look "real" you see the flaws far more easily and its just nasty. But noooooo I'm wrong cuz ninnteod can't make look anything look bad! People need to get their heads out of their butts and look at it for what it is. Visually tp has aged horribly, giving it a new coat of paint, and only paint won't fix anything. You have to remodel too.

wa3Nq7j.png

#3 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:14 PM

The game looks crap. No matter if SOME of the textures are redone halfway to 10 years ago standards and some polygons had a triangle or two added... It looks as old as it is.

I won't be playing. I have little time to game and when I do, I want to revel in graphical glory while enjoying making my way through a great story with great audio, etc.

Was a great game in its day. Today is not that day.

wish they would have done a complete graphical overhaul. the bones and beating heart of the game are already done. that's the hard part.

Heck, Nintendo could have even reused assets from its other Wii U games and had something great. 

Still, it's hard to blame them with the Nx coming up soon and sounding like a bit of a juggernaught.

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:37 AM

I pissed off some people in the comments saying the textures make the game look like trash and its hilarious.
no I'm not trolling, the updated textures and using the SAME EXACT MODELS makes the issues and lack of polygons in the model more obvious and it just looks really bad. Wind waker did the same exact thing, but it actually worked because of the art style. Since tp tries to look "real" you see the flaws far more easily and its just nasty. But noooooo I'm wrong cuz ninnteod can't make look anything look bad! People need to get their heads out of their butts and look at it for what it is. Visually tp has aged horribly, giving it a new coat of paint, and only paint won't fix anything. You have to remodel too.

The textures look good and I agree with your point. The art style is to realistic and the models don't age well because of being low poly.

Wind wakers style is ageless.

Remember nintendo isn't doing the work themselves, it's tantalus media. I don't think a full model overhaul was ever in the plans.
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:21 PM

OK to be honest I think you're being a little picky. It still looks pretty great, and any "low polygon" parts seem to suite the art style well. I don't understand why people want things to be hyperrealistic, is it to cater to some sort of "god complex" where you have to convince yourself that the characters on screen are real people who's lives are in your hands?

It is a game. There are better ones, and there are worse ones. But TP stands up to time pretty well, much better than games who were all the rage for their time and are now complete and utter rainbow. Whatever happened to letting your imagination fill in the missing details, or simply skipping the details that don't matter? Will having rounded edges on the walls and such really affect the gameplay that much?

Edited by grahamf, 23 January 2016 - 04:23 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#6 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 23 January 2016 - 07:53 PM

I'm gonna have to watch my sodium intake after reading this thread.

pNgecl.gif

#7 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 January 2016 - 07:58 PM

All I can say is thank god Zelda U is going to be another great ageless game because if it's art style  :)

#8 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 January 2016 - 11:04 PM

OK to be honest I think you're being a little picky. It still looks pretty great, and any "low polygon" parts seem to suite the art style well. I don't understand why people want things to be hyperrealistic, is it to cater to some sort of "god complex" where you have to convince yourself that the characters on screen are real people who's lives are in your hands?

It is a game. There are better ones, and there are worse ones. But TP stands up to time pretty well, much better than games who were all the rage for their time and are now complete and utter rainbow. Whatever happened to letting your imagination fill in the missing details, or simply skipping the details that don't matter? Will having rounded edges on the walls and such really affect the gameplay that much?

I will disagree with you 100%
tp was made to cater to the people who wanted "realistic graphics" the art style is to be real, having low polygons ruins the entire effect of the art style. I'm not a graphics whore by any stretch of the imagination, but your claims feel more like they're shrouded by nostalgia than anything else. This game deserves a proper remake, to give it the effect it was meant to achieve back in 2006, giving it a texture pack and calling it a day looks incredibly lazy and rushed just to fill the gap between now and Zelda U.

Look at it this way, (for the most part) Wind waker was an EXCELLENT port/remaster. The art style fit, and didn't need much updating. They made textures sharper, better controls, added some bloom to the world and it made an excellent remaster. Why? the art style allowed you to get away with the flaws in the mesh because cell shading hides the flaws and makes it all blend together, same with Zelda U.

On the case of OoT and MM those used the same assets (aside from updating in a few models) from the N64 and once again was just a texture pack. But once again this worked due to the art style and limitations due to the 3ds. The rough models on select things didn't matter because its a handheld, and for the art style it wasn't trying to be real. It did its job wonders and it looked visually pleasing.

With that in mind, to say twilight princes ONLY needed some new textures is a blatant lie, and it ruins the entire effect of the game, it needed so much more than a texture pack to do it justice, and it feels incredibly insulting to the fan. But who cares about my opinion right? I'm just some random person with an opinion that doesn't matter at the end of the day. People will buy the game anyways, and they'll deny the flaws because it's nintendo, and tp is their favorite game ever so its fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

Edited by SPG, 23 January 2016 - 11:13 PM.

wa3Nq7j.png

#9 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 09:13 AM

Well I'll have to see if they make it a $30 game or a $70 game. $30 I still won't care, but admittedly $70 (thanks to the falling Canadian dollar) would prefer more polish.

Still, it is a 10 year old game. It's not like the PC world where people will spend countless unpaid hours patching Skyrim so it's super high def.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#10 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 January 2016 - 02:15 PM

Well I'll have to see if they make it a $30 game or a $70 game. $30 I still won't care, but admittedly $70 (thanks to the falling Canadian dollar) would prefer more polish.

Still, it is a 10 year old game. It's not like the PC world where people will spend countless unpaid hours patching Skyrim so it's super high def.

(refering to the bold) thats not an excuse at all

and its a full retail game if you get the physical copy, $10 less if you get the digital one without amiibo

wa3Nq7j.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!