So there are a number of rumors that have been swirling around and its fun to speculate and get hyped, they're all rumors and all should be taken with a grain of salt but if you look at all the rumors you can begin to piece things together to make an idea for what may be of the NX.
- The NX is a portable console that works both independently and can be paired to a home console unit to increase its gaming performance
- The NX portable and NX home console will be sold separately of one another
- The NX will ship 12-20 million units in its first year
- NX will run games at 60fps and 900p
- The NX portable will be able to pair with the PS4, Xbone, and PC's
Independently these rumors seem quite far-fetched, but all combined together they seem more plausible.
I think that they would do it for a number of reasons.
1. Kimishima is more open minded than Iwata
2. Assuming that the console is a handheld that pairs to a home unit to increase the gaming performance, the ps4, and xbone are capable of reaching the rumored specs.
3. Microsoft and Sony have nothing to lose because they aren't in the handheld market and they both know and openly talk about how Nintendo makes the best games and would love to have Nintendo games on their consoles
4. 12-20 million is incredibly bold, and if this device can't be sold as an add on for Playstations then I don't see anyway that they'll hit that mark and that incredibly bold prediction will miss the mark by a long shot.
If all these rumors are true then I would be happy as a clam.
Edited by Mitch, 24 January 2016 - 08:53 PM.