• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Da Metalergist

Da Metalergist

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:13 AM

Ever since 3/29/2016 at around noon, my Wii U has been having issues with videos on youtube via internet browser.

The video will play for about 3-4 seconds and then take 30 seconds (which has now become over 75 seconds) just to load enough data for only another 3-4 seconds video before it has to buffer again.

The worst part is that when I play videos from other websites on the console (example:http://cinemassacre....n/avgnepisodes/) this issue doesn't occur.

I don't know what to do right now. I'm starting to think the wi-fi receiver has degraded so I may have to replace the console altogether.

Does somebody have a solution for this.

Edited by Da Metalergist, 02 April 2016 - 07:16 AM.

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:21 AM

Ever since 3/29/2016 at around noon, my Wii U has been having issues with videos on youtube via internet browser.

The video will play for about 3-4 seconds and then take 30 seconds (which has now become over 75 seconds) just to load enough data for only another 3-4 seconds video before it has to buffer again.

The worst part is that when I play videos from other websites on the console (example:http://cinemassacre....n/avgnepisodes/) this issue doesn't occur.

I don't know what to do right now. I'm starting to think the wi-fi receiver has degraded so I may have to replace the console altogether.

Does somebody have a solution for this.

Does it act the same when using the YouTube app rather then in browser?

Why would you think the wi-fi receiver has degraded if videos play fine via other websites?

Why replace a gaming console because youtube is buffering longer?

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 Da Metalergist

Da Metalergist

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 08:51 AM

Does it act the same when using the YouTube app rather then in browser?

Why would you think the wi-fi receiver has degraded if videos play fine via other websites?

Why replace a gaming console because youtube is buffering longer?

I don't use the youtube app anymore, so I'm not sure.

If it's not the wi-fi then I don't know what it is.

If replacing the console won't solve the buffering issue then what will?

#4 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:02 AM

It's highly unlikely the WiFi degraded, and more likely that Wii Us in all their drivers and code don't like your router.

Get a Wii U Ethernet adapter off Amazon and an Ethernet cable. Problem solved.

Source: I had a very similar problem before.

Edited by BrosBeforeGardenTools, 02 April 2016 - 09:03 AM.

#5 Da Metalergist

Da Metalergist

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 10:25 AM

It's highly unlikely the WiFi degraded, and more likely that Wii Us in all their drivers and code don't like your router.

Get a Wii U Ethernet adapter off Amazon and an Ethernet cable. Problem solved.

Source: I had a very similar problem before.

How does a console do that. Its been connected to the modem (with built-in wi-fi router) for over a year now.

Anyway, I live at someone else's house and they don't like the idea of a 100 ft. cord stretching across the inside of the house where it will cause sombody to trip and fall.

That settles it, I'm getting a new Wii U.

UPDATE: Just checked the Youtube app, the videos load much quicker.

How is that possible for the app videos to load just fine, but viewing them on Youtube via the internet browser is a problem due to the slow loading the video goes through?

Edited by Da Metalergist, 02 April 2016 - 10:25 AM.

#6 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 11:33 AM

Oooh, you're using the browser, not the app!!!! I'm stupid. I thought it was more of a general internet problem.

Never use the browser for Youtube unless you're on PC. It sucks even on my Android with Youtube. They make apps for a reason.

Edited by BrosBeforeGardenTools, 02 April 2016 - 11:34 AM.

#7 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 02 April 2016 - 11:51 PM

How does a console do that. Its been connected to the modem (with built-in wi-fi router) for over a year now.

Anyway, I live at someone else's house and they don't like the idea of a 100 ft. cord stretching across the inside of the house where it will cause sombody to trip and fall.

That settles it, I'm getting a new Wii U.

UPDATE: Just checked the Youtube app, the videos load much quicker.

How is that possible for the app videos to load just fine, but viewing them on Youtube via the internet browser is a problem due to the slow loading the video goes through?

Could be that Youtube has changed their streaming in some way that affected the Wii U's browser, but not the app. It's possible that a Wii U update in the future might fix it, or Youtube might change their streaming again in favor of the Wii U browser. Stuff like this has happened before, it's even been completely unplayable on the browser at some points in the past.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:22 PM

Don't use the browser then. Use the app or stop using consoles since they suck at this and get a Roku.

#9 Da Metalergist

Da Metalergist

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 06:00 PM

Okay, things are back to normal.

The videos are now buffering mostly at quick speed.

• NintendoReport likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!