Photo

Pokemon Go: An Open Letter to Nintendo

Jigglypuff saddness illuminati idiocracy the end of days.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 11 July 2016 - 09:52 AM

Pokemon Go has taken the world by storm, no matter where I go I cannot escape Pokemon Go. I have dreamt of this moment my entire life, having been relatively young when the Pokemon craze took the world by storm back in the late 90's I have longed for those same Pokemon fever days to return back to the same extreme global phenomena levels of yore. No those days have seemingly begun to reappear in the form of Pokemon Go....Sadly....Pokemon Go is not the Pokemon game that should have been the Messiah of my childhood dreams. While there are spinoff games such as 'Pokemon Snap' and 'Hey You Pikachu', the core Pokemon franchise is mainly built upon the foundation of 4 core concepts: Hunting, Capturing, Grinding, and Battling, Pokemon Go manages to properly satisfy one of these concepts being the Hunting aspect of the game in that you utilize the GPS of your phone to actually track and find Pokemon in real time in the wide open world. Capturing, Grinding, and Battling is where Pokemon Go not only fails as a Pokemon game, but also sheds light on several horrifying thought of the future of Nintendo. Before I delve into how disgustingly bastardized those 3 aspects of the game are, I must remind you of all the time over the past decade that Nintendo has urged us that they would never even consider going into the mobile gaming market, that they would never release a game that was not completely finished and polished, that we must "please understand" that everything Nintendo does and has done has been the right decision for not only their customers, but for all of gaming as a whole. With all of that said they betrayed us all and released Pokemon Go where you capture Pokemon by playing a rainbowty version of Pokemon Paper Toss, where you train your Pokemon and grind to level them up by spending actual money on in game currency that levels you up, and where Battling has been replaced with a horrible awful tap your screen to fight battle mechanic. We have been betrayed and the masses are eating the pile of rainbow that Nintendo has put in front of their face to the tune of a 25% stock increase since launch. The masses have agreed that this type of product is acceptable in the horrible state that it is in.... it is completely unfinished, I wouldn't even classify it as a game, more-so the Easter egg hunt from hell. Take any other game franchise and imagine that it had the lazy battle mechanic that Pokemon Go has and then ask yourself if you would be fine with that? We deserve a much better Pokemon game than what we were given. This is no worse the fads that are the Kardashians and the Fast and the Furious movie franchise....you people are mindless sheep who follow whatever unicorn tongue craze there is and put a smile on your face and say its fun. If Nintendo is going to have no self-respect then that does not give you an excuse to also have no self-respect for yourself and waste your own precious time with this utter garbage. We dont need to accept this treatment and open the door to even more micro-transaction filled games! We can all uninstall and rally together to send a message to Nintendo to not sell their souls for the few millions that they will make from micro-transactions.

#2 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 11 July 2016 - 10:02 AM

ok 

#3 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:54 PM

Wow, that's more effort than I probably put in 17 years of schooling.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#4 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 12 July 2016 - 12:15 AM

Pokemon Sun and Moon are going to release soon enough, so if you want Nintendo to focus their efforts on making that kind of product, you're better off buying those games instead of writting angry letters aimed towards the lowest common denominator in a dead forum that didn't even appeal to the lowest common denominator when it was in its prime.

Also, you should have known better than to expect a real Pokemon game out of Pokemon Go. We all knew that Nintendo's cellphone games were going to be nothing but advertisement for their real games.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#5 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 14 July 2016 - 05:20 AM

There there, it'll all be over soon.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#6 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:30 AM

a4j7jmp_700b_v1.jpg

It's still in beta too. Things may change.

Edited by Hinkik, 20 July 2016 - 09:31 AM.

28gxdv8.png

#7 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:39 AM

Nintendo, you should try to be more modern and appeal to modern markets.

Nintendo, you should stick to your roots and stop appealing to modern markets.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#8 Teddy

Teddy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • NNID:latios
  • Fandom:
    mlp

Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:25 AM

Pokémon Go is so stupid

cant have signature cuz of internet explorer :/

#9 Tickletot

Tickletot

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • NNID:TickleTot

Posted 13 October 2016 - 10:35 AM

I really like like pokemon go, its a great app to open up when your waiting somewhere away from home. 

I love all things Nintendo

Nintenex

#10 pexpress

pexpress

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 08:21 AM

Hi, who still plays pokemon go?

Edited by pexpress, 17 December 2019 - 07:14 AM.

#11 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 28 November 2019 - 01:25 AM

Hi, who still plays pokemon go?

Not me ayyy lmaoooooo

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#12 jemmy1989

jemmy1989

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 01:14 PM

It's a Nintendo game that I've never loved honestly.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jigglypuff, saddness, illuminati, idiocracy, the end of days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!