#1 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:25 PM

i dont know how many of you know this guy on youtube, darkcloud1983, hes a hard core gamer, plays on all consoles including pc and favours nintendo. he also knows a lot about specs and stuff, and he's a shareholder in nintendo. he has family in japan and i think ones that work in nintendo. he leaks stuff out on his youtube channel but only stuff that he's allowed, sometimes he does risky stuff, anyway he came out with this video today, it came out very early, before the mainstream had gotten the news about having personal accounts on wii u, and he said it just before it was revealed. anyway, check this out, lots of new information and hints ;)

Posted Image

#2 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:39 PM

Ahh, good ol' DarkCloud1983. I subscribed to that guy back when he uploaded his first video.
I've been following him since.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#3 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:59 PM

he's seems a little cool but he needs to slow the hell down man. he's so happy that he knows info that we dont that he's trying to say everything at once lol

#4 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:05 PM

yh haha but its awesome he's sharing it, anyway, what do you guys think of the info? free online on wii u :D 3DS will probably scrap the friend codes thing, being able to put ur wii stuff onto wii u using club nintendo :D and he confirmed the e-books and app store rumour to be true!! and that two controller will be compatible

Edited by Crackkat, 27 January 2012 - 01:06 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:13 PM

he's seems a little cool but he needs to slow the hell down man. he's so happy that he knows info that we dont that he's trying to say everything at once lol

Back in the days when DC1983 talked slowly, his videos went up longer than 20 mins.
He figured out that the only way to shorten his video is to speak faster.... a LOT faster!

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#6 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:29 PM

If this guy knows so much... Can he finally give us the final system specs? Has he posted that video yet?

If this guy knows so much... Can he finally give us the final system specs? Has he posted that video yet?

#7 Nin10dude712

Nin10dude712

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Kirby

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:40 PM

yh haha but its awesome he's sharing it, anyway, what do you guys think of the info? free online on wii u :D 3DS will probably scrap the friend codes thing, being able to put ur wii stuff onto wii u using club nintendo :D and he confirmed the e-books and app store rumour to be true!! and that two controller will be compatible

I think he meant Nintendo Network. Club Nintendo just the rewards program and is a separate thing from the Wii Shop Channel. It's a no brainer anyways that we will be able to transfer our Wii downloads over. Why wouldnt we be able to?! They did it on the DSi -> 3DS, so it's expected they will do the same for Wii -> Wii U.
Posted Image

Body = Ready for Wii U!

#8 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:43 PM

Back in the days when DC1983 talked slowly, his videos went up longer than 20 mins.
He figured out that the only way to shorten his video is to speak faster.... a LOT faster!

i actually wouldnt mind an in depth 15- 20 min video where it takes a while to get the info out

as opposed to this which can seem like gibberish at times. sometimes he just stops sentences and starts talking about something else lol

I think he meant Nintendo Network. Club Nintendo just the rewards program and is a separate thing from the Wii Shop Channel. It's a no brainer anyways that we will be able to transfer our Wii downloads over. Why wouldnt we be able to?! They did it on the DSi -> 3DS, so it's expected they will do the same for Wii -> Wii U.

no he ment club nintendo they also use that site to see what games you have purchased on your wii. and it really isnt a no brainer considering it was almost impossible for a wii to wii transfer at a certain point. Its mainly because the wii's has a terrible online setup and with the friend codes its makes it harder to transfer as there are no unique profile like Gamertags for example

#9 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:50 PM

Yeah Darkcloud1983 is a cool guy, I subbed to him before.

P.S his username is one of my favorite video game series...I want Dark Cloud 3.

Edited by Meelow100, 27 January 2012 - 01:50 PM.

#10 Nin10dude712

Nin10dude712

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Kirby

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:51 PM

i actually wouldnt mind an in depth 15- 20 min video where it takes a while to get the info out

as opposed to this which can seem like gibberish at times. sometimes he just stops sentences and starts talking about something else lol

no he ment club nintendo they also use that site to see what games you have purchased on your wii. and it really isnt a no brainer considering it was almost impossible for a wii to wii transfer at a certain point. Its mainly because the wii's has a terrible online setup and with the friend codes its makes it harder to transfer as there are no unique profile like Gamertags for example

I guarantee you it will not be through Club Nintendo, and yes it is a no-brainer. The DSi to 3DS transfer tool did not require Club Nintendo. Not trying to sound rude (nor is this being directed at you), but you'd have to be stupid if you think Nintendo wont allow system transfers.

Club Nintendo and your Wii Shop Account are 2 separete things, and Club Nintendo is not available in all countries and they will not make it available everywhere just to do a transfer.
Posted Image

Body = Ready for Wii U!

#11 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:43 PM

ops let me get that str8, so we need to have internet access to register the games, and be able to play them (like steam or origin)? not everybody got internet connection! If I got it wrong, correct me.
For example in my country cost us about 50 euro monthly (thats fees, not actual bill with phone calls, etc) for internet connection and phone number, Is not cheap, so many people dont have it.

He says that we have to register our retail games at least once in the personal accounts, and personally I believe that this is bad.. They try to fight piracy (piracy is not a big deal in consoles I think, never done it and I dont know how to do it after all), its not like PC.. but if you buy a retail game, you can’t wait to go home and play it. If you dont have internet connection, it will stop you there! They will force players to try find a way to register it, be able to play it. That will make lots of uncomfortable customers. But wait, how the machine will recognise tha tthis game is registered after all, that means the console must be constantly be connected on the NET, all customers who dont have internet connection, they will not be able even to play it after registration.

I dont speak about the DLC..

Edited by Orion, 27 January 2012 - 03:17 PM.

#12 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:02 PM

ops let me get that str8, so we need to have internet access to register the games, and be able to play them (like steam or origin)? not everybody got internet connection! If I got it wrong, correct me.
For example in my country cost us about 50 euro monthly (thats fees, not actual bill with phone calls, etc) for internet connection and phone number, Is not cheap, so many people dont have it.

He says that we have to register our retail games at least once in the personal accounts, and personally I believe that this is bad.. They try to fight piracy (piracy is not a big deal in consoles I think, never done it and I dont know how to do it after all), its not like PC.. but if you buy a retail game, you can’t wait to go home and play it. If you dont have internet connection, it will stop you there! They will force players to try find a way to register it, be able to play it. That will make lots of uncomfortable customers. But wait, how the machine will recognise tha tthis game is registered after all, that means the console must be constantly be connected on the NET, all customers who dont have internet connection, they will not be able even to play it after registration.

I dont speak about the DLC..

Actually, Piracy is a pretty big deal, especially on systems like Dreamcast and recently, PS3.

And no, you don't need to register games you bought at retail, he's talking about downloaded games from the eShop. (or whatever they're going to call it.) With that said, you probably should register them on Club Nintendo for some free stuff!
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#13 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:51 PM

He only knows so much, and the final systems specs isn't one of them.
He did mention in the video that there is certain information he cannot reveal as it would endanger him legaly and his trustworthiness with his sources.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#14 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:07 PM

then thats ok.. I never download dlc games, only a couple of NEO GEO (i loved that machine but it was SOOOOOO expensive to buy with cardidge at the age of 92-96) it was more like 150 euro per cardidge!! lol.. (metal slug, shamurai showdown, puzzle bobble, etc).. Wii got that...

Only patches and expansions, if there is any in my favoryte games.

I freaked out because he says, that we have to register our games at least 1 time in our personal accounts, he starts talking about dlc after that..

Edited by Orion, 29 January 2012 - 02:32 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wii u, online, leak

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!