#1 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:23 PM

What is your favorite console of all time?

Mine is a PS2
For Handheld a DS Lite

Edited by Soul, 04 September 2013 - 07:05 PM.

#2 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:53 PM

POPULAR

Gamecube, definitely. No one else seems to appreciate the thing but I think it really was one of Nintendo's best consoles. Some of their best first party games like Super Mario Sunshine, SSB Melee, Wind Waker and Metroid Prime were on it. And it didn't do too bad in terms of multiplats either, I mean how can you go wrong when you have games like TimeSplitters and the actually decent Tony Hawks?

I also love the fact that the main design was purple, even though I've always had the black Gamecube.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:04 PM

Gamecube, definitely. No one else seems to appreciate the thing but I think it really was one of Nintendo's best consoles. Some of their best first party games like Super Mario Sunshine, SSB Melee, Wind Waker and Metroid Prime were on it. And it didn't do too bad in terms of multiplats either, I mean how can you go wrong when you have games like TimeSplitters and the actually decent Tony Hawks?

I also love the fact that the main design was purple, even though I've always had the black Gamecube.

Posted Image

im totally with u on the gamecube, absolutely amazing console that i really really dont understand why it didnt get full 3rd party support. it was near perfect for its time
Posted Image

#4 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:53 PM

im totally with u on the gamecube, absolutely amazing console that i really really dont understand why it didnt get full 3rd party support. it was near perfect for its time

^This, the PS2, and SNES.

I've read the only reason the Gamecube did not get nearly as much multiplats like the PS2 and Xbox (even though I feel Xbox had the same amount as the Gamecube) was because of the mini disks, they did not hold as much as the DVD disk the PS2 and Xbox had and that was the only reason.

Hoping the Wii U will be just as good as them.

#5 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:45 PM

Nintendo DS. I'm saying this because it quite honestly is the best system ever. It's got my favorite JRPGS (Radiant Historia, Glory of Heracles, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy IV), one of my favorite action adventure titles ever( Okamiden(Better then the DS Zeldas, that's for sure.)), my favorite puzzle/Visual Novelesque game( Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective). Also, credit must be given to Elite Beat Agents, 999, and The World Ends With You.

Plus, it had the most diverse 3rd party and 1st party lineups of any system.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#6 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:43 PM

It's a tie between the N64 and Gamecube.
My most favourite games are solely on those two systems. :D

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#7 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:18 PM

Nintendo DS. I'm saying this because it quite honestly is the best system ever. It's got my favorite JRPGS (Radiant Historia, Glory of Heracles, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy IV), one of my favorite action adventure titles ever( Okamiden(Better then the DS Zeldas, that's for sure.)), my favorite puzzle/Visual Novelesque game( Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective). Also, credit must be given to Elite Beat Agents, 999, and The World Ends With You.

Plus, it had the most diverse 3rd party and 1st party lineups of any system.

Oh, really what was your favorite model? Mine was the DS Lite, that thing was beautiful.

#8 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:59 AM

This is a toughy. I owned an NES when I was 2 but only played Mario and Duck Hunt.

SNES was the first console I remember getting in xmas of 1994 with Super Mario World. IT was glorious. Also loved the DKC's and Mortal Kombats.

I began hardcore gaming with the N64. It had my favourite game of all time till this day, Ocarina of Time. It had Majora's Mask, Super Mario 64. It debuted Smash Bros. It had a weird controller though.

The Gamecube convinced me to be a video game developer (Metroid Prime was just awesome, the graphics, gameplay, story). It had progressive scan, a comfortable controller, hardware that matched the Xbox in many ways, awesome exclusives like WindWaker and Melee and the two Metroids, Double Dash!! and it was portable so it was easy to bring to friends houses for all-nighters.

The Wii had awesome motion controls but I felt it had weaker first party titles than the Gamecube. It was too far behind the PS3 and Xbox 360 in terms of hardware and functionalitiy (causing me to actually buy a non-Nintendo console for the first time ever).

I also will have to go with the Gamecube. It had the comfortable controller, the multiple colours, it introduced wireless controllers (Wavebird), it had the sleekest design (that cube shape was just awesome and easy to carry) plus many new IP's and strong first party games.

We should add a poll and tally it up! So far it's

5 Gamecube
1 Wii
1 DS
1 N64

Funny how Nintendo's least successful console tends to be the favourite of many Nintendo fans. Maybe because the Gamecube was the only system where Nintendo competed in hardware, software, exlusives, and multiplats (the only big multiplats the GameCube missed out on were GTA games really). I mean Soul Calibur II was the best on GameCube with Link. He fit into the lore so well. Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were re-released for the GameCube only. Sonic Heroes got a higher rating on the GameCube than the other 2 versions. Eternal Darkness.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#9 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:34 PM

I would do a poll but there is way too many gaming consoles for me to do that.
1st Gen Magnavox Odyssey 1972 Magnavox console Ping-o-Tronic 1974[1] Zanussi/Sèleco Dedicated Coleco Telstar 1976 Coleco Dedicated Philips Odyssey 1976 Philips console Pong 1976 Atari Inc. Arcade Radio Shack TV Scoreboard 1976 Radio Shack Dedicated Color TV Game 6 (Japan Only) 1977 Nintendo Dedicated Color TV Game 15 (Japan Only) 1978 Nintendo Dedicated Color TV Racing 112 (Japan Only) 1978 Nintendo Dedicated Color TV Game Block Breaker (Japan Only) 1979 Nintendo Dedicated Computer TV Game (Japan Only) 1980 Nintendo Dedicated BSS 01 (DDR only

2nd Gen Fairchild Channel F / Video Entertainment System (VES) 1976 Fairchild console Channel F System II 1979 Fairchild console RCA Studio II 1976 RCA console Atari 2600 / Atari Video Computer System (VCS) / Sears Video Arcade 1977 Atari Inc. console Atari 2600 Jr. 1986 Atari Inc. console Atari 2800 / Sears Video Arcade II (Japan Only) 1983 Atari, Inc console Coleco Gemini (Atari 2600 hardware clone) 1982 Coleco console Bally Astrocade 1977 Midway console Interton VC 4000 1978 Interton console Magnavox Odyssey² 1978 Magnavox / Philips console APF Imagination Machine 1979 APF console Intellivision 1980** Mattel console PlayCable 1981 Mattel Adapter of Intellivision Bandai Super Vision 8000 1979 Bandai console Intellivision II 1983 Mattel console CreatiVision 1981 VTech console Epoch Cassette Vision 1981 Epoch console Super Cassette Vision 1984 Epoch console Emerson Arcadia 2001 (Leisure Vision in Canada) 1982 Emerson Radio console Atari 5200 1982 Atari Inc. console Atari 5100/Atari 5200 Jr. 1982 (Atari 5200) Atari Inc. console (prototype) ColecoVision 1982 Coleco console Entex Adventure Vision 1982 Entex console Vectrex

3rd Gen
RDI Halcyon 1985 RDI Video Systems console PV-1000 1983 Casio console Commodore 64GS 1990 Commodore console Amstrad GX4000 1990 Amstrad console Atari 7800 1986 Atari Corporation console Atari XEGS 1987 Atari Corporation console Sega SG-1000 1983 Sega console Sega SG-1000 II 1984 Sega console Sega Master System, Sega Mark III 1985 Sega console Sega Master System II 1992 Sega console Sega Master System III 1997[3] Tec Toy console Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) / Famicom 1983 Nintendo console C1 NES TV / Sharp Nintendo Television 1983, Japan Nintendo / Sharp console NES-101 / AV Famicom 1993 Nintendo console Famicom Disk System (Japan Only) 1986 Nintendo console add-on Zemmix 1985 Hyundai Electronics console Action Max

4th Gen Sega Mega Drive / Sega Genesis 1988 Sega console Sega Mega Drive II 1993 Sega console Sega Genesis II (North America Only) 1994[4] Sega console Sega Mega Drive III (Brazil Only) Sega console Sega Genesis 3 (Americas) 1998 Sega console Mega-CD/Sega CD 1991 Sega console add-on Sega 32X 1994 Sega console add-on JVC X'eye / The Wondermega Sega / JVC console PC Engine / TurboGrafx-16 1987 NEC console TurboGrafx-CD 1990 NEC console SuperGrafx 1989, Japan NEC console Konix Multisystem Unreleased Konix console Neo-Geo 1990 SNK console / Arcade Neo-Geo CD 1994 SNK console Neo-Geo CDZ 1994 SNK console Commodore CDTV 1991 Commodore console / Personal computer Memorex VIS 1992 Memorex console Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) / Super Famicom 1990 Nintendo console SF-1 SNES TV (Japan Only) 1990 Nintendo / Sharp console SNES 2 / Super Famicom Jr. 1997 Nintendo console SNES-CD canceled Nintendo console Satellaview (Japan Only) 1993 Nintendo console add-on FM Towns Marty (Japan Only) 1991 Fujitsu console CD-i 1991 Philips console / Media player TurboDuo / PC Engine Duo 1992, U.S. / 1991, Japan NEC console Pioneer LaserActive 1993 Pioneer console Super A'Can

5th gen
Virtual Boy 1995 Nintendo console Apple Pippin 1995 Bandai console PC-FX 1994 NEC console Atari Jaguar 1993 Atari Corporation console Atari Jaguar CD 1995 Atari Corporation console add-on Atari Jaguar II canceled Atari Corporation console PlayStation 1994 Sony console Net Yaroze 1997 Sony console development kit PS One 2000 Sony console Sega Saturn 1994 Sega console 3DO 1993 Panasonic / Sanyo / GoldStar console Amiga CD32 1993 Commodore console Casio Loopy 1995 Casio console Playdia 1994 Bandai console Nintendo 64 1996 Nintendo console Nintendo 64DD 1999 Nintendo console add-on

6th Gen

ApeXtreme canceled Apex Digital console Atari Flashback 2004 Atari Dedicated Dreamcast 1998 Sega console L600 canceled Indrema console Nintendo GameCube 2001 Nintendo console Nuon 2000 VM Labs console IQue Player 2003 Nintendo console Panasonic M2 canceled Panasonic console Panasonic Q|Q Game Boy Player 2001 Nintendo / Panasonic console PlayStation 2 2000 Sony console PlayStation 2 Slimline 2004 Sony console PSX (DVR) 2003 Sony console V.Smile VTech console XaviXPort gaming console 2004 SSD Company console Xbox 2001 Microsoft console

7th Gen
Atari Flashback 2 2005 Atari Inc. console EVO Smart Console 2006 Envizions console Retro Duo 2008 Retrobit console GameSystem 2010 CUBE Design console Game Wave 2005 ZAPiT console Mattel HyperScan 2006 Mattel console OnLive 2010 OnLive Gaming on demand Phantom canceled Phantom console PlayStation 3 2006 Sony console PlayStation 3 Slim 2009 Sony console Wii 2006 Nintendo console Xbox 360 2005 Microsoft console Xbox 360 S 2010 Microsoft console Zeebo 2009 Zeebo Inc. console Zone 2010 Ultimate Products Ltd. console Sega Zone 2010 Atgames / Sega console

8th Gen Wii U TBA 2012 Nintendo Console

Edited by Sportsgamer, 28 January 2012 - 01:36 PM.

#10 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:36 PM

*Waaaaay too many game consoles*

Ehm, why not just do the ones from Nintendo, Sega, Sony and Microsoft? :P

Posted Image

#11 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:44 PM

Handheld

• Milton Bradley Microvision (1979)
  • Epoch Game Pocket Computer - (1984) - Japanese only; not a success
  • Nintendo Game Boy (1989) - First internationally successful handheld game console
  • Atari Lynx (1989) - First backlit/color screen, first hardware capable of accelerated 3d drawing
  • TurboExpress (1990, Japan; 1991, North America) - Played huCard (TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine) games, first console/handheld intercompatibility
  • Sega Game Gear (1991) - Architecturally similar to Sega Master System, notable accessory firsts include a TV tuner
  • Watara Supervision (1992) - first handheld with TV-OUT support: the Super Game Boy was only a compatibility layer for the preceding Game Boy.
  • Sega Mega Jet (1992) - no screen, made for Japan Airlines (first handheld without a screen)
  • Mega Duck/Cougar Boy (1993) - 4 level grayscale 2,7" LCD - stereo sound - rare, sold in Europe and Brazil
  • Sega Nomad (1995) - Played normal Sega Genesis cartridges, albeit at lower resolution
  • Neo Geo Pocket (1996) - Unrelated to Neo Geo consoles or arcade systems save for name
  • Game Boy Pocket (1996) - Slimmer redesign of Game Boy
  • Game Boy Pocket Light (1997) - Japanese only backlit version of the Game Boy Pocket
  • Tiger game.com (1997) - First touch screen, first Internet support (with use of sold-separately modem)
  • Game Boy Color (1998)
  • Cybiko (around 1998)
  • Sony PocketStation (1998) - Japanese only PS1 memory card/portable mini console in one.
  • Sega Visual Memory Unit (1998) - Dreamcast memory card/portable mini console in one.
  • SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color (1999)
  • Bandai WonderSwan (1999) - Developed by Gumpei Yokoi after leaving Nintendo
  • Bandai WonderSwan Color (2000)
  • Game Park GP32 (2001) - first with full homebrew support
  • Game Boy Advance (2001) - First 32-bit handheld
  • Pokémon mini (2001) - The smallest cartridge-based system that includes a black-and-white LCD screen, and the smallest integrated gamepad ever created.
  • Bandai SwanCrystal (2002) - Minor redesign of WonderSwan Color
  • N-Gage (2003) - Game system and GSM cell phone (first combination of the two); first included MP3 player and FM radio; used Bluetooth (first wireless multiplayer); first use of GPRS for online play
  • Game Boy Advance SP (2003) - Redesign of GBA: slimmer, clamshell form factor; frontlit screen
  • GameKing (2003) - first handheld developed by a Chinese company.
  • Tapwave Zodiac (2004) - First PDA/game handheld hybrid; Palm OS PDA with game-focused form factor and features
  • Nokia N-Gage QD (2004) - Redesign of N-Gage, removed MP3 playback and radio
  • Nintendo DS (2004) - First inclusion of dual screens, built-in microphone, and Wi-Fi for wireless multiplayer; touchscreen
  • PlayStation Portable (2004/2005) - First use of optical media; uses Memory Sticks for saved data; plays movies and music and views JPEG pictures.
  • Gizmondo (2005) - Uses GPRS network; first inclusion of GPS for location-based games, first built-in camera
  • Game Boy Micro (2005) - Redesign of GBA; smallest Game Boy form factor to date, first transflective LCD screen in a handheld.
  • Game Boy Advance SP (Backlit) - A low key re-release of the GBA SP with a backlit screen.
  • XGP (2005) and Game Park Holdings GP2X (2005) - Successor units to the GP32 handheld, each being developed by the two companies that split off from Game Park.
  • Nintendo DS Lite (2006) - Redesign of DS, including smaller size, brighter screen levels, and other subtle changes.
  • PlayStation Portable Slim & Lite (2007) - Redesign of PlayStation Portable (PSP), including smaller size, lighter weight, video out capability, USB charge, and other changes.
  • PlayStation Portable-3000 (2008) - Minor redesign of the current PSP Slim & Lite, including brighter screen, built in mic, and a PS button replacing the Home Button
  • iPod Touch 1G (2007) The first iPod Touch
  • Nintendo DSi (2008) - Small redesign of the Nintendo DS Lite. Some changes include built in internet, camera, use of SD card, this model however does not have backward compatibility with Game Boy Advance games
  • PSP Go (2009) - A brand new PSP including no UMD, Internal Memory, Bluetooth, and a sliding screen
  • iPod Touch 2G (2008) Second iPod Touch, in this generation the iPod started to be considered a Handheld game device.
  • Nintendo DSi LL/XL (2009) - The fourth iteration of the Nintendo DS handheld game console technically identical to the DSi with its distinguishing feature being its large form factor which will be almost an inch larger than the DSi and slightly thicker. It will boast two 4.25" LCD screens 93% larger than the current DS Lite.
  • iPod Touch 3G (2009) Third iPod Touch
  • Mi2 (2009) - The Mi2 is a small handheld game device created by Planet Interactive in cooperation with the Chinese manufacturer Conny, it contains 100 built in games.
  • Dingoo a320 (2010) - a new version of the a320 which will have emulation for 11 consoles including the NES, SNES, Genesis and Master System
  • Pandora (2010) - Open Source handheld developed by former distributors and community members of the GP32 and GP2X.
  • iPod touch 4G (2010) Fourth iPod Touch, this generation has a Retina display and gyroscopic controls.
  • Nintendo 3DS (2011) - The first portable console to use the autostereoscopy technology, which creates the illusion of 3D.
  • PlayStation Vita (2011-2012) - Sony's successor to the PSP series.

Ehm, why not just do the ones from Nintendo, Sega, Sony and Microsoft? :P

Erm that is still a lot, and people like atari too.

#12 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:24 AM

My favorite console: GameCube
My favorite handheld: Nintendo 3DS

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#13 NovusRex

NovusRex

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Pokemon, Assassins Creed, Doom

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:43 AM

Well, the Nintendo 64. I used to play a lot on this little machine, games like Goldeneye, Pokemon, The world is not enough, Conker's Bad Fur Day.. All had great multiplayer gameplay and it really stayed with me, the memories. Never had that much fun in my life ^^,

#14 jimmy

jimmy

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:02 PM

The N64 is amazing and 3ds is my favourite handheld :D
Posted Image

#15 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:06 AM

• Nintendo 3DS (2011) - The first portable console to use the autostereoscopy technology, which creates the illusion of 3D.

Well the Virtual Boy used a similar system with the 3D and it was technically a "Portable counsel" with Nintendo.

Well my favorite counsel would be the Wii because it has GCN backwards incompatibilities and my favorite handheld is the 3DS because not only can it play 3DS games but also DS games!

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#16 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:19 AM

I think my favourite handheld is probably still the GBA SP. Great design, awesome backlit screen and has access to the massive library of GBA, GBC and GB games all in one console. Funnily enough the DS and PSP just didn't captivate my interest much. But the 3DS is quickly getting closer and closer to becoming my new favourite handheld. :D

Posted Image

#17 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:03 PM

I think at this point my favourite system would have to be the Gamecube. I loved playing things like Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, Harvest Moon: A Wonderful life, Super Mario Sunshine, and a several other games. I spent a lot of time on those games.

I have a feeling that the 3DS and Wii U could become my new favourite systems. Now that I'm older, I'm able to find out about new games that I never would have known about before. I'm just hoping to find some games that I can put a lot of time into for a lot of fun.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#18 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

Well the Virtual Boy used a similar system with the 3D and it was technically a "Portable counsel" with Nintendo.

Well my favorite counsel would be the Wii because it has GCN backwards incompatibilities and my favorite handheld is the 3DS because not only can it play 3DS games but also DS games!

Quoted for autocorrect goodness. :P

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#19 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:39 PM

True, but the Viritual Boy is not a handheld. A wii is portable too.

#20 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

It's a tie between the N64 and Gamecube.
My most favourite games are solely on those two systems. :D

i agree too but my top five would have to be

5.wii
4.sega saturn
3.3ds
2.gamecube
1.n64

Signature_Fox.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!