#21 mootap

mootap

Blooper

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:09 AM

well it's important for Nintendo to keep the wii brand similar to what apple does with Ipod and Ipad.so I think they will probobly have wii in there somewhere.I personally think wii2 is great.It's simple,easy to pronuonce,shows the advance in generation.
Posted Image

#22 ThePumpkinKing

ThePumpkinKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Fandom:
    Spider-Man, Professor Layton

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:53 AM

The wii u's name is confusing everyone I know, it should be renamed
Recently Watched Movies: The Dark Knight Rises, The Amazing Spider-Man (Favorite of this year), The Avengers.

Current Games I'm Playing: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Okami HD, LittleBigPlanet

What I'm Geeking Out For This Month: The Amazing Spider-Man DVD Release, and of course, The WiiU

#23 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:34 PM

I chose Nintendo U. I like the name U and it isn't a drastic change from Wii U. I have actually come to like the Wii U's name enough that I wouldn't mind them keeping the name. But I chose for them to change the name, mainly because it will most likely help the Wii U out in the future. There are to many people that won't understand the Wii U is a new system and will only help Nintendo if they change the name. What ever happens with the name, I don't care what it is, I just want Nintendo to be very successful with the Wii U and kick some ass! :)

Edited by GameCube, 29 January 2012 - 01:36 PM.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#24 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:54 PM

Replaced Gyro with Wii2 and now made it multiple choice. WiiU has been added to the poll.

#25 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:42 PM

Wii U is fine enough. Wii U is a continuation of the Wii and should be name according like the NES and SNES. N64 had a specific meaning. Gamecube wasn't a continuation of N64 as it was different. Wii was not a continuation of the Gamecube as some people would think. The Wii was different in many ways.

#26 Tony Bradshaw

Tony Bradshaw

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:02 AM

I've always liked the Nintendo Stream name, too bad it was never used for the orignal Wii.

Posted Image
For all the latest Wii U News: http://wiiuupdates.com/

#27 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:19 AM

I voted:

- Pouty people, and whiny people, friends, shut your mouths up the name is fine. (+1 Cookie for crappy reference)
- Other:

Should be called Nintendo Zapmaster.
/thread

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#28 Randomite

Randomite

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:47 AM

I'm in the minority and picked Wii 2, despite it's lack of originality I think this is the better name on the list. Wii as a name is a strong seller amongst the console market, th3e sales of the Wii prove it sold well...Adding the 2 shows the consumer it is the next console. I can't see Nintendo using a console name other than Wii [insert name here] mainly due to the sales the original Wii made in comparison to previous consoles such as Gamecube, N64 etc etc.

#29 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:57 AM

I still don't think that they should have Wii in the name, maybe it's my nostalgia for all the consoles being different names(Save the NES and SNES).

If they REALLY want to keep that install base from Wii, then why not slap on "From the makers of Nintendo WIi" sticker or somthing.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#30 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:35 PM

I still don't think that they should have Wii in the name, maybe it's my nostalgia for all the consoles being different names(Save the NES and SNES).

If they REALLY want to keep that install base from Wii, then why not slap on "From the makers of Nintendo WIi" sticker or somthing.

You said it best right there. NES and SNES which were similar to a certain degree. Wii and Wii U will be similar to a certain degree. Concept wise it is the same. Nintendo didn't make the Wii to be a casual machine. They made it for everyone. It just turned mainstream and became casual.

#31 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:16 PM

Honestly, I'm fine with the name Wii U as a way to brand the console. Viewers aren't morons: One trip to EBgames (Or Gamespot to most of you), and the employees will explain the (fairly simple) difference between the two.

But if I HAD to rename it, which I also could see as a good decision, I wouldn't pick any names on this poll. The closest would be the Nintendo Revolution, if it weren't for a few problems...
1) The Wii was the 'Revolution'
and 2) The Wii U isn't doing anything revolutionary, like the Wii did.

You might say: Oh, the tablet! or Oh, the graphics! but neither of those are going to 'Reinvent the industry' like the Wii did. They're simply the next step in gaming; just Nintendo picking up on last generation and killing off the flaws while stealing what gave them competition, throwing in some console-untested tech while they're at it.

This isn't the gaming revolution...
This is the Nintendo's final 'Evolution'. Try not to accidentally hit B, I'm completely out of moonstones...

...Or we could stick with the Wii U. That works for me.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#32 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:09 AM

Honestly, I'm fine with the name Wii U as a way to brand the console. Viewers aren't morons: One trip to EBgames (Or Gamespot to most of you), and the employees will explain the (fairly simple) difference between the two.

But if I HAD to rename it, which I also could see as a good decision, I wouldn't pick any names on this poll. The closest would be the Nintendo Revolution, if it weren't for a few problems...
1) The Wii was the 'Revolution'
and 2) The Wii U isn't doing anything revolutionary, like the Wii did.

You might say: Oh, the tablet! or Oh, the graphics! but neither of those are going to 'Reinvent the industry' like the Wii did. They're simply the next step in gaming; just Nintendo picking up on last generation and killing off the flaws while stealing what gave them competition, throwing in some console-untested tech while they're at it.

This isn't the gaming revolution...
This is the Nintendo's final 'Evolution'. Try not to accidentally hit B, I'm completely out of moonstones...

...Or we could stick with the Wii U. That works for me.

Yeah but Nintendo does a Uturn and the Wii U controller is completely differernt from the Wiimote, so it's technally revolizing gaming once again, Nintendo Revolution is an amazing name.

#33 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:30 AM

Yeah but Nintendo does a Uturn and the Wii U controller is completely differernt from the Wiimote, so it's technally revolizing gaming once again, Nintendo Revolution is an amazing name.

Except the 'Revolution' had nothing to do with being different (ok, a little), but everything to do with changing their image. They wanted to bring gaming to the mainstream, and they were mostly successful.
The Wii U is simply the logical next step (ie: an evolution): Taking all of the mainstreamers and making them into gamers. Less of a revolution and more like bringing the industry out of the anarchy that came from one. Of course, there's no anarchy... But you know what I mean!
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#34 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:17 PM

Except the 'Revolution' had nothing to do with being different (ok, a little), but everything to do with changing their image. They wanted to bring gaming to the mainstream, and they were mostly successful.
The Wii U is simply the logical next step (ie: an evolution): Taking all of the mainstreamers and making them into gamers. Less of a revolution and more like bringing the industry out of the anarchy that came from one. Of course, there's no anarchy... But you know what I mean!

So what other name do you like?
Do you like Wii Evoultion, or Nintendo Evolution?

By the way, I put Nintendo Revolution on the poll because people suggested it. Considering this is just a fun poll, I will leave it there.

Edited by Sportsgamer, 31 January 2012 - 06:18 PM.

#35 Rockalot

Rockalot

Blooper

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:12 PM

Wii 2. The Wii brand is too important to abandon, but at the same time there needs to be a clear message that this isn't the Wii itself.

Posted Image

#36 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

Wii 2. The Wii brand is too important to abandon, but at the same time there needs to be a clear message that this isn't the Wii itself.

They can still rename it and still get the sales, I've been thinking and I've seen some people also say this is that there are gamers that think "Wii" is kiddy and that it might hurt sales, I think they should name it Revolution because it's changing gaming on consoles again.

#37 kris1206

kris1206

Blooper

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:02 PM

Nintendo Dreamcast JK
I would rather them stick with WiiU because it what we have come to know although I did have a dream where Regi came on the stage and was laughing at us because we thought that the code name was the real name, also he started dancing and then he turned into a potato
Posted Image

#38 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

I think that the only problem with the name is the "Wii" in it and I think that is everyone's major problem. But I would like Nintendo U.
I think that the U in the name is very necessary and it should be kept.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#39 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

They can still rename it and still get the sales, I've been thinking and I've seen some people also say this is that there are gamers that think "Wii" is kiddy and that it might hurt sales, I think they should name it Revolution because it's changing gaming on consoles again.

Those people think Nintendo is kiddy. You are not going to change their mind with a name. A name is nothing. They could call it the white box and it wouldn't matter. Does Xbox or Playstation sound mature. There are play station areas for kids.

Edited by Tre, 01 February 2012 - 04:05 PM.

#40 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

I would pick Nintendo Shinka. Shinka is Japanese for evolution which is what the Wii U is. It is an evolution of the Wii into something that is stronger and better that its predecessor. I chose Shinka because it is to reflect Nintendo being a Japanese Video game company while still also giving the console a unique name.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rename WiiU, Poll, Yes, No, Nintendo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!