Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:35 PM

What other names would you want?

#62 Agent000

Agent000

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:16 PM

If it has unique online capabilies, maybe it could be called the eVolve or eVolution.
Agent000 on Youtube:
BreakfastBAGELL
Porcellusstudios

"E3, Y U NO COME NOW?"

#63 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:55 PM

Still going for 1080, I've spoken my thoughts on a different thread.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#64 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:57 PM

Still going for 1080, I've spoken my thoughts on a different thread.

Well this is the original thread his should be locked, it is a duplicate this one was apparently posted first.

#65 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

Well this is the original thread his should be locked, it is a duplicate this one was apparently posted first.

Okay then.

I think it should be called Nintendo 1080, because it's the first true native 1080p console. It also means that they would be doing WAY more than a "360".
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#66 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:08 PM

Okay then.

I think it should be called Nintendo 1080, because it's the first true native 1080p console. It also means that they would be doing WAY more than a "360".

I know you said that like 6 times.

#67 RedEyedGoomba

RedEyedGoomba

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

I want to see the NES branding. NES Viu, NES Stream, NES Dual, NES 2x (two-fold), Ultra NES (UNES)...and my personal favorite Power NES (PNES lololol) :P

#68 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:58 PM

Okay then.

You have a point, this would also be a throughback to Nintendo 64, so yeah Nintendo 1080 would be cool.

#69 Ali

Ali

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Fandom:
    Donkey Kong, Mario Kart

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

Alright. To everyone suggesting "Revolution", "Evolution" or anything of the sorts..... cos you see the common denominator here? It's the letterL.

For all those who don't know, the Wii, back in 04-05, I think, was going to be named "The Revolution". However, in the end Nintendo decided against this as the letter L is not so easily pronounced with and Asian accent.

It's not racist, it's a fact. Nintendo avoids the letter L due to language complications, so just keep in mind the Revolution is out of the question.

#70 jejaynes17

jejaynes17

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

I don't know if this has been said before...

Nintendo U.

Cut. Dry. Simple.

"Hey dude! Did you get the new 'U' game yesterday!?"

...maybe it doesn't sound like a good idea.. :rolleyes:

#71 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:45 PM

Nintendo U.

That's the name I like.

All kinds of marketing ability with that one, and all while still trying to shed the "wii" taste from 'hardcore' gamers mouths.

but honestly, at the end of the day, as long as the system is undeniably legit, like it might be, they could name it "crapbox" and it'll sell.
Quality is quality, and strong 3rd party support is strong 3rd party support.
If they execute all of this correctly, and do a better job at this years E3 than last years, it's going to do well.

#72 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:01 AM

"the last chance"

#73 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:15 AM

Nintendo Revolution.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#74 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:16 AM

I don't think that their going to change the name at all. If you watch the unreal 3 demo from gdc the beginning of the demo shows a wii u logo so that must mean nintendo has already decided to use it as their trade mark logo. In every interview even up til this very day, developers haveThat Zelda demo was gorgeous and we can do even more than that with Unreal Engine 3. I think it will do great." been calling it wii u. I believe that someone would have at least start referring to it as Nintendo's new console or something to that effect hinting to us that the wii u name was not going to remain. However, in just about every interview or rumor, it is referred to as the Wii U. Let's face it, NES had SNES, Gameboy had Gameboy Advance, DS had DS Lite, Slim, XL, Naco Supreme, ect, and now Wii is going to have Wii U. Nintendo keeps it in the family people.

#75 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

Nintendo U.

That's the name I like.

All kinds of marketing ability with that one, and all while still trying to shed the "wii" taste from 'hardcore' gamers mouths.

but honestly, at the end of the day, as long as the system is undeniably legit, like it might be, they could name it "crapbox" and it'll sell.
Quality is quality, and strong 3rd party support is strong 3rd party support.
If they execute all of this correctly, and do a better job at this years E3 than last years, it's going to do well.

Your forgetting there are some stupid people out there that won't buy it just because it has Wii in the name. There are so many arrogant people that say the Wii sucks. And they will be stuck in their ways. If they here the word Wii in Wii U that would probably make them change there mind instantly. I don't know... It sucks there is people like that, and sadly there is a lot of them.

Edited by GameCube, 13 March 2012 - 10:38 AM.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#76 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

I want to see the NES branding. NES Viu, NES Stream, NES Dual, NES 2x (two-fold), Ultra NES (UNES)...and my personal favorite Power NES (PNES lololol) :P

Agreed!
I think it should be UNES Ultra Nintendo entertainment system. And they will keep the U too :)

28gxdv8.png

#77 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

MMM...

#78 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

Honestly I simply want a cool sounding name. My friends pointed out that all the names before the Wii were cool, and that they all had the company's name in it, and some edgy shape or technical sounding word (except for 64.... that was just a number). Nintendo ... entertainment System.... Super.... Nintendo Game Cube. It all sounds sorta... intense or secret or hightech. System, Super, Cube. So maybe Nintendo should try this.... sounds cheesey but, really it could work. A word signifying excitment or extremes... followed by a geometric shape or technical word. Yeah... Ultra Dodecahedron ... or Power Circuit.... heh heh.. well it doesnt always work, but i bet it could with less blunt phrases. Nintendo Conduit.. because its allows you to access a whole new world (btw, if you're thinking about an FPS than look up the definition of conduit). Or Nintendo Epicenter.... better yet just call it 5318008... yeah thats a good name, maybe have a small calculator LCD screen on the front of the console... also allow the console to operate Upsidedown... Nintendo Stream is still the best i can think of as a replacment... which i would like them to do, replace WiiU with something else.
Posted Image

#79 Odyssey

Odyssey

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:14 PM

I like SWii (Super Wii). You could also slap a T on the end to pronounce it as 'sweet', like Super Wii Tech.

#80 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

Nintendo Power Tech

Nintendo Power Box

Nintendo Super Tech

Ultra Nintendo

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rename WiiU, Poll, Yes, No, Nintendo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!