• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:18 PM

I believe Mega Man no longer matters to Capcom. the cancellations of Mega Man Universe and MML3 were evidence enough, but check out htis Street Fighter X Tekken trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3cNFeKOAMM

Seriously? He looks old and fat. Does Capcom no longer care? Its like Resident Evil and Street Fighter is all Capcom cares about now.

#2 Cobiwan

Cobiwan

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

Pack up your things, megaman is over.

Also pac man is not looking improved since pacman world.

Posted Image

#3 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

I believe Mega Man no longer matters to Capcom. the cancellations of Mega Man Universe and MML3 were evidence enough, but check out htis Street Fighter X Tekken trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3cNFeKOAMM

Seriously? He looks old and fat. Does Capcom no longer care? Its like Resident Evil and Street Fighter is all Capcom cares about now.

BUT, BUT, They did a sequel to Okami! That alone makes up for Mega Man sucking Mega balls for the past few years. :P

Yeah, I think they've given up on him. Funny part is that they aren't connected to 50% of their older games. Instead, they've let those ones die

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#4 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

Bad box art Megaman.....but still I can't believe they did that.

#5 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:35 PM

I'm not sure if you're aware that that is Mega Man. You know, from this boxart:

Posted Image

Heck, he was even shown in the old Mega Man Universe trailer towards the end. Personally, I think a bunch of old Mega Man, and Capcom, fans would appreciate this, because American boxart Mega Man was a completely hilarious event in Capcom history. I dunno, this to me, is like complaining that Mega Man X got in over Classic, or Battle Network, or ZX, or Volnutt.

Check out Wikipedia here.

#6 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:41 PM

Holy hell, American Megaman is here and he looks amazing. If I had a Vita, I'd buy that game just because of him.

#7 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:43 PM

Posted Image

Heck, he was even shown in the old Mega Man Universe trailer towards the end. Personally, I think a bunch of old Mega Man, and Capcom, fans would appreciate this, because American boxart Mega Man was a completely hilarious event in Capcom history. I dunno, this to me, is like complaining that Mega Man X got in over Classic, or Battle Network, or ZX, or Volnutt.

Yeah but I don't recall Bad Box Art Megaman being OVERWEIGHT

#8 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:45 PM

Yeah but I don't recall Bad Box Art Megaman being OVERWEIGHT

Intentionally done like that of course. American boxart Mega Man is supposed to look hilariously bad - They made it better.

#9 Cobiwan

Cobiwan

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:46 PM

True, but the Japanese and european box art of the same game look like megaman normally does.
Most megaman fans don't appreciate this however.
The Weight doesn't help either lol

Posted Image

#10 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:51 PM

Most megaman fans don't appreciate this however.

I have friends who are fans of the franchise, and absolutely love this.

I just think some people need to chill out, and laugh with Ono and the guys who got this up rather than twist this as another attempt to slap true Mega Man fans in the face.

#11 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:54 PM

Yeah "Make it better" okay you know what I don't care anymore they can do whatever they want I give up on Megaman. If they would rather use him as a Comical character instead of his normal self then that's their choice. I have no other choice but to except it right?

#12 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:55 PM

Well I like it, I get a good chuckle out of it. And yes I am a fan of Megaman.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#13 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:57 PM

Yeah "Make it better" okay you know what I don't care anymore they can do whatever they want I give up on Megaman. If they would rather use him as a Comical character instead of his normal self then that's their choice. I have no other choice but to except it right?

Like I said, chill out.

Mega Man debuted in America like this:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Just because you don't find it funny or whatever, doesn't mean Capcom hates Mega Man.

#14 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

You megaman fans are so emotional how about this.

Did you know the director of this game ono Spoke with the creator of megaman about his inclusion in the game beforehand and it was approved?

I wonder how it makes you megaman fans feel to know that the creator actually helped with this version of megaman being included.

Amazing how we can overlook these things and scream at capcom instead of the right person.

Btw here's the link in case you dont beleive me

http://www.eventhubs...racters-coming/

#15 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:32 PM

Megaman and Pokemon brought me into gaming. One of the first video game i played was Mario but i wasnt INTO videogames before. Until i got Pokemon and Megaman, I just played the videogames i get for my bday or christmas. Then I got Pokemon Leaf Green, and Megaman BN
My first Megaman game was Megaman Battle Network ( I think 5 or 6). SO what i saw in the trailer DISAPPOINTED me. It was funny and i laughed(and face palmed) But what was capcom thinking? I was hoping for X or Legends Dude or .EXE or even the original dude but we get Bad Ugly Box Art FatMan? Even the guy from the 3rd box art that lain showed would have been better.
The thing that megaman fans didnt like about is that we have been waiting alot to see a return for megaman and we get THIS! THIS Bad Ugly Box Art FatMan. THIS Is the worst megaman i have seen from all his incarnations

Did you know the director of this game ono Spoke with the creator of megaman about his inclusion in the game beforehand and it was approved?

WOW.This Confirms that Capcom is trying to kill him...

Posted Image

He wasnt fat in that one. AND WHY IS HE USING A GUN???

Posted Image

They could have used this dude! BUT NO! Capcom likes trolling with us.
Maybe they are planning something secret for us fans?
After seeing him:
Posted Image
I dont think i wanna see him in Super Smash Bros 4 anymore.
Universe got cancelled. Legends 3 got cancelled. Next thing to get cancelled is him! Megaman! And all his fellow Megamen!

Edited by Pit, 28 January 2012 - 09:39 PM.

Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#16 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:22 PM

Megaman and Pokemon brought me into gaming. One of the first video game i played was Mario but i wasnt INTO videogames before. Until i got Pokemon and Megaman, I just played the videogames i get for my bday or christmas. Then I got Pokemon Leaf Green, and Megaman BN
My first Megaman game was Megaman Battle Network ( I think 5 or 6). SO what i saw in the trailer DISAPPOINTED me. It was funny and i laughed(and face palmed) But what was capcom thinking? I was hoping for X or Legends Dude or .EXE or even the original dude but we get Bad Ugly Box Art FatMan? Even the guy from the 3rd box art that lain showed would have been better.
The thing that megaman fans didnt like about is that we have been waiting alot to see a return for megaman and we get THIS! THIS Bad Ugly Box Art FatMan. THIS Is the worst megaman i have seen from all his incarnations

WOW.This Confirms that Capcom is trying to kill him...

How does that confirm there trying to kill him. the creator of megaman was fired last year which means it had nothing to do with capcom in the first place. he was the one that suggested it be box art megaman instead of regular megaman or x

Edited by Mr ECHO3, 28 January 2012 - 10:24 PM.

#17 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:08 PM

*Sigh*

As far as I know, Inafune loves Mega Man. Why would he want to suddenly kill him? Some fans went crazy after Mega Man was confirmed not to be in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and now that a Mega Man is in a fighting game, they're complaining because it's not the Mega Man they wanted.

How does that confirm there trying to kill him. the creator of megaman was fired last year which means it had nothing to do with capcom in the first place. he was the one that suggested it be box art megaman instead of regular megaman or x

Inafune wasn't fired actually - He just left.

#18 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:19 PM

*Sigh*

As far as I know, Inafune loves Mega Man. Why would he want to suddenly kill him? Some fans went crazy after Mega Man was confirmed not to be in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and now that a Mega Man is in a fighting game, they're complaining because it's not the Mega Man they wanted.

Inafune wasn't fired actually - He just left.

Srry about that either way the point was that he approved and helped with design inclusion.So it's obvious that it wasnt capcom's intention on griefing megaman fans they just take everything so serious if it doesnt pertain exactly to there needs i really hate it.

#19 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:42 PM

Wait Were you talking about Ono or Inafune? I thought Inafune left.
The fans want a normal megaman.Not the bad box art fatman. But anyways... this is just a fighting game. Its not like he is going to keep that style forever. Maybe we will get a Real megaman game... I hope for Command Mission 2! This game was awesome! Although a bit hard. Or we could have a new 2.5D platformer!
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#20 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:53 PM

We're talking about Inafune because he specifically wanted American boxart Mega Man in the game. If you don't know him, he's the creator of Mega Man. Ono is mentioned because he's the producer of Street Fighter X Tekken, and agreed to have this Mega Man included on Inafune's behalf.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!