#1 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:29 PM

so is anyone here following the presidential run? im in the UK but still following it quite closely and here's my take: Ron Paul FTW!!
i will discuss why in further detail if people care :P i want to know who you guys want to win or any opinions about the elections.
basically here's the place to say anything you want about the presidential elections :)
Posted Image

#2 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:03 PM

*Flexes*

So glad I'm not American. :P

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#3 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:14 PM

Every one is crazy. All the republican candidates are bat**** insane, Obama is the same as Bush, and Ron Paul doesn't seperate church and state.
If only the people could be properly represeneted. Everyone is either from a policital family or in the hands of corporations.

#4 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:25 PM

Every one is crazy. All the republican candidates are bat**** insane, Obama is the same as Bush, and Ron Paul doesn't seperate church and state.
If only the people could be properly represeneted. Everyone is either from a policital family or in the hands of corporations.

Then Vote for Vermin Supreme. Zombie power FTW

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#5 aaron

aaron

noraA

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Fandom:
    You

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:51 PM

I hate living in America, politics all the time, and the only thing they ever tell you about is the bad stuff and the president's activities and also the debates.

by chance

#6 nintendofreak247

nintendofreak247

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario Bros.

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:13 PM

I hate politics.
Posted Image

#7 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:55 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 14 July 2014 - 12:49 AM.

#8 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:03 PM

Meh. All those are dumb and stupid.
ELECT JIGLYPUFF!!!! She will do JUSTICE to the country. She will bring hope to the cities. And most of all. She will... do IT to the country, so that its free from ompa loompas and love

Edited by Pit, 29 January 2012 - 09:03 PM.

Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#9 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:05 AM

Meh. All those are dumb and stupid.
ELECT JIGLYPUFF!!!! She will do JUSTICE to the country. She will bring hope to the cities. And most of all. She will... do IT to the country, so that its free from ompa loompas and love

That sounds good, but her speeches will put everyone to sleep...

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#10 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:37 AM

im actually really glad with the way u all reacted to this :) politicians suck nowadays but seriously there is hope, Ron Paul is THE GUY to make a difference, he is that one and only rare one off politician who does what he does only for good intentions and he's running for president NOW!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, you all have to support him, he needs people like you who hate politics to vote for him. all the other politicians hate his guts, and it only proves he's one of the only innocent ones out there. please vote for him or pester your parents to, this is so vital its ridiculous. hes the only candidate who actually wants to try save the dollar from collapse, the others dont give a ****. please do this one thing, its soo soo soo important, if you had any idea, i know you would all go immediately and vote (if you're of age)
Posted Image

#11 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:45 PM

im actually really glad with the way u all reacted to this :) politicians suck nowadays but seriously there is hope, Ron Paul is THE GUY to make a difference, he is that one and only rare one off politician who does what he does only for good intentions and he's running for president NOW!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, you all have to support him, he needs people like you who hate politics to vote for him. all the other politicians hate his guts, and it only proves he's one of the only innocent ones out there. please vote for him or pester your parents to, this is so vital its ridiculous. hes the only candidate who actually wants to try save the dollar from collapse, the others dont give a ****. please do this one thing, its soo soo soo important, if you had any idea, i know you would all go immediately and vote (if you're of age)

If he's anything like his son (who's a senator in my state), I'd rather he not get it.

As for my opinion on this, the presidential election means nothing this year. What we need to focus on is getting Congress in order. We need to get rid of the congressmen who have held their positions as long as we can remember, and have done nothing but help the big businesses that they likely have stock in (I'm looking at you, Mitch!). If they have actually been doing good during their time in office (Hal Rogers), let them stay. I honestly believe Obama could have done more during the last three years of his term if 1: he had focused on something OTHER than health care the first two years when he had both the House and Senate on his side, and 2: the different parties of Congress were more willing to compromise with each other.
Posted Image

#12 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:30 PM

The main issue I have with most candidates is that they don't know what democracy is. In political philosophy, a communistic soceity is a true democracy. Capitalism is actually contradictory to the democratic ideal, as it is not supposed to play a role in politics. That's why our system is all fff'ed today and the corporations are in charge. Capitalism benefits the individual and not anyone else.
Capitialism and democracy can work, but not if you give it such a massive role.

Ron Paul loving

I miss the age to vote by one month, but even then, I wouldn't vote for him. One of the most idiotic things he has ever suggested is going back to the gold standard, which is bull. Anyone can tell you that there is a finite amount of gold in the world, not enough for the US economy. Even if we went to the gold standard, the value of the Dollar would significantly and continually drop. This would create another depression. Just study economics and you understand how the economy works.

Another issue is that he believes in total states rights, which would lead to all states having different laws. If one is against homosexual marrige, the couple goes to another to get married, but they will be arrested upon return for "violating" the law. This is just like illegal fireworks, either the laws are over enforced or not enforced. Even then, it's a cluster of laws that clash and would drive the states apart.

A third issue is that Ron Paul doesn't believe in the seperation of church and state, which is the biggest issue of them all.

#13 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

I think we can safely say that the vast majority of politicians are insane. Although some have some good ideas, they tend to have some other more crazy ideas. However, I think the majority of people in the world are crazy and have no idea what is best for themselves. And that's why the world is forever doomed. :( Yay for the world of escape called video games.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#14 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

If he's anything like his son (who's a senator in my state), I'd rather he not get it.

As for my opinion on this, the presidential election means nothing this year. What we need to focus on is getting Congress in order. We need to get rid of the congressmen who have held their positions as long as we can remember, and have done nothing but help the big businesses that they likely have stock in (I'm looking at you, Mitch!). If they have actually been doing good during their time in office (Hal Rogers), let them stay. I honestly believe Obama could have done more during the last three years of his term if 1: he had focused on something OTHER than health care the first two years when he had both the House and Senate on his side, and 2: the different parties of Congress were more willing to compromise with each other.

Trust me, I agree. The reason why I left the states was that my Dad actually looked forward to Obama winning, only to see him waste 2 years putting in a bill that would end up cutting Doctor's salaries, who are already low compared to the hours that they work, by close to 1/2. My dad also saw the writing on the wall that Obama id going to win because his competition is a bunch of clowns. As for the state of congress, I completely agree. Congress in every country needs to change, otherwise it will be like Rome all over again.
To add onto what Squish said, the majority of politicians are bat$%^( insane. That's the reason why I actually like the whole idea behind Vermin Supreme. look him up.

Edited by Domini N Unova, 30 January 2012 - 04:51 PM.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#15 Trash Waifu

Trash Waifu

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

The only candidate worth voting for is Obama. Rick Santorum is forking insane.

#16 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:08 PM

I dislike how American politics are given such importance elsewhere.
I really hate it when news broadcasters on Irish television call the US president simply "president".
We have our own president, thank you.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#17 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

In other news, looks like Mulcair is probably going to be the new leader of the NDP. I know how much you are all just so interested in Canadian politics since we're just such an important country.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#18 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

I dislike how American politics are given such importance elsewhere.
I really hate it when news broadcasters on Irish television call the US president simply "president".
We have our own president, thank you.

They just refer to the US president as "president?" That's interesting. But I believe it makes sense for US politics to be as important as they are. The United States is important, even if we all believe another nation to be better in every aspect. There just aren't many other countries, I feel, that can take the United States' place in the world if it were to suddenly disappear. And since the President is far more than just some figurehead, the importance is pretty great.

#19 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

I get sick whenever I see political commercials. We claim to be a nation that accepts people and their ways, we say we accept muslims and gays, yet we give support to those who believe gays and muslims shouldn't be citizens.
Saying that Obama is a muslim is not a valid argument, yet both sides are still worried.
Santorum is obviously anti-homosexual, yet those who say they are tolerant support him.
Both sides argue that the other will get rid of freedom of religion, but neither has an atheist member.
From what I remember, there hasn't been a scientifically literate president since Theodore Roosevelt, and even that can be argued against.
The current debates aren't how they will improve America, just how the opposite side will destroy it.

#20 AegisReflector

AegisReflector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:32 AM

I think the problem with the whole American political system is that the two major political parties (GOP and Democrats) that basically decides our country's direction for domestic and international issues fights all the goddamn time. They can never decide on ANYTHING, and even if they do, their "compromise" just comes down to the bill/plan not being fully sponsored by the government or just some of the plan actually goes into effect. Our political system is just too divided for our country to handle, and I guarantee it's gonna be our downfall today. Unless these "adults" mature and grow the hell up, they will always continue to fight, and what makes it worst is because of the constant bickering people who are willing to vote will be turned off from this bashing and will eventually just give up on politics altogether. It's happened before.

Even the own Republican Party is fighting against their own members with these Primaries. That says a lot about our culture. We are only looking out for ourselves and not caring about the dear people that make this country running.

Also, a lot of American people are uneducated when it comes to politics anyways, which is another huge problem. Some don't even know that we have 50 states in the Union. If these people are the fate come voting season, I don't want to be here lol.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: presidential elections, president, 2012, republican, democrat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!