• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 TahoeMario

TahoeMario

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:41 PM

We all know it is coming. Let's discuss, shall we?

I would, personally, like to see a sequel to the GameCube version; Double Dash. Maybe add some of the Koopalings now that they have 3D models from New Super Mario Wii. Take out some of the babies, and if they keep Funky Kong from Wii they should put Dixie Kong in to even up to a second Kong team. Plus since they had (only) King Boo in Wii, replace him with Wiggler then have it and Petey Piranha on a team together.

Making the roster look something like this:
Light-
Toad & Toadette
Koopa Troopa & Paratroopa
Baby Mario & Baby Luigi
Lemmy Koopa & Wendy O. Koopa
Dry Bones & Shy Guy

Medium-
Mario & Luigi
Peach & Daisy
Yoshi & Birdo
Bowser Jr & Iggy Koopa
Diddy Kong & Dixie Kong

Heavy-
Wario & Waluigi
Petey Piranha & Wiggler
Bowser & Morton Koopa Jr
Rosalina & Lubba
Donkey Kong & Funky Kong

---
Mii & U (So you could have two Miis to a single kart)

31 Characters and you could put whoever you want on a team, like Mario Kart:Double Dash. This is just my opinion, feel free to post your thoughts. Any roster ideas, track ideas, etc. But please don't bash me if you do not like my idea. I am NOT trying to pass this off as fact or rumors. Again this is just my opinion and wishful-thinking.

#2 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:53 PM

Your idea, I must say, sounds quite awesome.
Also, welcome to the forums. It's good to see a new face now and then. :)

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#3 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:48 PM

Sounds brilliant, but Mario Kart 7 isn't even out yet, and your already making ideas for Mario Kart 8? Bravo my friend.

#4 TahoeMario

TahoeMario

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:00 PM

Thank you, Atsuro Kihara. I tried to keep it realistic, because sometimes you see some stuff like "I want [PlayStation exclusive character] in [Nintendo game]" or whatever and at a certain point its just kind of like Come on, that is ridiculous, haha you know?

@nintendo3ds ...Well, I mean this IS the Wii U Forums (right?) and the Wii U isn't even out yet so yeah. Besides, Mario Kart 7 comes out next month, I think.

#5 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:23 AM

Thank you, Atsuro Kihara. I tried to keep it realistic, because sometimes you see some stuff like "I want [PlayStation exclusive character] in [Nintendo game]" or whatever and at a certain point its just kind of like Come on, that is ridiculous, haha you know?

@nintendo3ds ...Well, I mean this IS the Wii U Forums (right?) and the Wii U isn't even out yet so yeah. Besides, Mario Kart 7 comes out next month, I think.

Mario Kart 7 is coming out in December.
Posted Image

#6 SnobbishTurban

SnobbishTurban

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, Banjo-Kazooie.

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:46 AM

Personally, I don't think having Lemmy Koopa and Wendy Koopa team up is the greatest idea, more like Iggy and Lemmy koopa, as they were like twins in the DIC cartoons.

You laugh at me because I am different. I pity you because you're all the same.

#7 TahoeMario

TahoeMario

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:01 AM

Personally, I don't think having Lemmy Koopa and Wendy Koopa team up is the greatest idea, more like Iggy and Lemmy koopa, as they were like twins in the DIC cartoons.

Yeah, but Iggy is taller than he's ever been in New Mario Bros Wii while Lemmy is still his same little ole self, haha. Besides I figured that there should be at least one more Small female; with taking out Baby Peach and Baby Daisy from Mario Kart Wii. Plus I left out Larry Koopa, Roy Koopa, and Ludwig von Koopa; where Larry would've made a better couple with Lemmy, imo. Then Wendy would be with Iggy, Roy and Morton then Bowser would be with Ludwig but I wanted to keep it at 4 Koopalings just to make an equalled-out roster, you know? 10 characters on each size

#8 bloop2424

bloop2424

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:10 AM

This ain't got no Kamek! I would also want DK Jr. and a third Mii Suit, possibly just another version of a racing suit...
I also want customizable mii voices.
Posted Image
Click my license if you would like some shiny nickles.

#9 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:15 PM

Another Double-Dash style game would be nice. I've only played it a few times, but it's one of the better Mario Kart games in my opinion. I'd rather be able to choose both characters though, rather than choosing a pair.

#10 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:23 PM

I never saw the appeal in Double Dash!'s two characters on a kart system.

I just want a better Mario Kart Wii - One with better item balance. I thought that Mario Kart Wii was perfect (minor things like strange character choices like Baby Daisy aside) aside from that.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#11 lazorzez

lazorzez

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Wii U, Call of Duty

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:50 PM

This is probably the most believable roster I've seen in the history of Mario Kart character rosters, although you might as well add in the other 3 koopaling... Otherwise it would just seem weird. :blink:

Also, I think that the next game should let you switch between normal racing and double dash.

#12 SnobbishTurban

SnobbishTurban

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, Banjo-Kazooie.

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:58 AM

Yeah, but Iggy is taller than he's ever been in New Mario Bros Wii while Lemmy is still his same little ole self, haha. Besides I figured that there should be at least one more Small female; with taking out Baby Peach and Baby Daisy from Mario Kart Wii. Plus I left out Larry Koopa, Roy Koopa, and Ludwig von Koopa; where Larry would've made a better couple with Lemmy, imo. Then Wendy would be with Iggy, Roy and Morton then Bowser would be with Ludwig but I wanted to keep it at 4 Koopalings just to make an equalled-out roster, you know? 10 characters on each size

I can see your point.

Another thing that could be cool would be skins, like mario has two skins, his normal one, where he looks like normal, and the second skin, where he looks like he had used a fire flower.

You laugh at me because I am different. I pity you because you're all the same.

#13 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:40 AM

How about Double Dash, but you can choose both characters, be it Mario & Princess Peach, or Shy Guy & Luigi, etc. Also, they could form a little team name, like Mario & Luigi can be "Mario Brothers" and Princess Peach & Bowser can be "Royal Evil" How about it?

Also, I think that the next game should let you switch between normal racing and double dash.

Oh yeah, and this.
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#14 akkaarrh

akkaarrh

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:49 AM

I think it's time DK is cut from cameo games all together, but I suppose that's not a realistic suggestion. Double Dash! might've been refreshing, but I'd prefer it stay a one-off... it was one of the weakest titles in the franchise.

In my opinion, there should be greater emphasis on timing and item balance than luck, a tactic no MK game has fully grasped.

Edited by aramon892, 10 September 2011 - 09:49 AM.

#15 abbe

abbe

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:08 AM

but I'd prefer it stay a one-off... it was one of the weakest titles in the franchise.

Really? Id say super circuit was...

#16 akkaarrh

akkaarrh

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:18 AM

Really? Id say super circuit was...

I find that pretty funny; SS is my favorite Kart game. The gameplay and replay value really shine. A wonder, considering the limitations of the GBA.

#17 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:59 AM

I find that pretty funny; SS is my favorite Kart game. The gameplay and replay value really shine. A wonder, considering the limitations of the GBA.

Yeah... I do not understand why Super Circuit is so disliked. From what I've seen, people criticize it for horrible graphics, but that doesn't even make any sense to me. The graphics were amazing for a GBA game.

I was just ecstatic to have a portable Mario Kart, because back then that was unheard of. It was very solid, all things considered (and I actually prefer it over DD!). I'm very excited that it's a part of the Ambassador's Program as I lost the game many years ago. =(

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#18 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:02 PM

A creative way to use the Wii U controller for this game is to track the weapons you have used. You could see if any body has ran into your banana or green shell and see where your red shell or blue shell has hit your target or not.

#19 zachalejandro

zachalejandro

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Video Games!!!! character: Mario

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:54 PM

i really like this idea you brought up. i am really lookin forward to mario kart 8 with all-new characters. I think they should add mr game & watch to race.

#20 mariosunshinerules22

mariosunshinerules22

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:06 PM

A creative way to use the Wii U controller for this game is to track the weapons you have used. You could see if any body has ran into your banana or green shell and see where your red shell or blue shell has hit your target or not.

That's a great idea.

Double Dash...!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mario, Mario Kart, BLUE, SHELLS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!