• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:38 PM

The wii u will have some great games. im hoping mario kart will be one too. they need a lot of characters and extra tracks in the next one

Signature_Fox.png

#22 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:37 PM

cross platform compatibility... 3ds - wii u

Posted Image

#23 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:01 PM

cross platform compatibility... 3ds - wii u

I wonder how that will work though.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#24 Zuperman

Zuperman

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:12 AM

It's inevitable we'll get a Mario Kart on the Wii U. SO LET'S TALK ABOUT IT AND STUFF.

*ahem*

So I expect this game to come much later in the systems lifespan, since MK7 has been released recently. Mario Kart, much like a lot of other Nintendo IPs, is criticized constantly for not changing enough (what ever that means).

I think some changes and enhancements (other than gob smacking graphics and online) can be made to further evolve the series. I'll start with smaller improvements.

- Coins should stick around like MK7, but with more complexity (more on that later).

- Custom Karts should be here to stay, but maybe with a bit more freedom and options, like being able to change the size of a certain type of tire to your liking, that kinda stuff. I dunno.

- Glider and Diver sections should stay. That is all.

Sooooooooooo now ima move on to the bigger stuff, in my opinion at least.

MK7 is a superb game, perhaps the most impressive in the series. Graphics are beautiful, animations are crisp, sound is delightful, controls are tight, track design is brilliant and all that unicorn barf. Unfortunately, the game is made hard to play (especially online) because of dumb game breaking skill punishing luck, which of course is caused by the items. These items make the game completely backward, rewarding those with less skill over powered items that put them higher on the score board than they've earned which is made possible by the bombardment of high placers who are armed with bananas and shells. It's not fair and is completely unbalanced. Especially the Blue Shell, which out right punishes skill. No one should feel that doing well is a bad thing, but MK7 makes you feel that.

This can be fixed in the next installment by toning down the emphasis of items. Over powered items like the Bullet Bill and Blue Shell should be removed or at the very least powered down severely. Item boxes should not be as plentiful and be harder to reach. Basically what I'm saying is that items should not be a necessity to win, but something that give players a certain edge when they use items with skill. This would make the Mario Kart formula almost perfect, crazy item chaos that Mario Kart is known for, but chaos that those with skill can avoid and go on to do well because they're good at driving.

Another added feature that isn't necessary but might be a nice touch is for coins to benefit you in recovering from items. That is, the more coins you have, the less time you'll be stalled or effected by items. Of course getting hit would still make you lose coins. I think it would further reward skill.

Of course, this is Mario Kart, not a realistic racer. But all I'm asking for is a little decency to your dedicated fans, Nintendo. What's the point of having a competitive online system when out comes of races will be determined by how lucky you are with items and not actual game skill? Hard core gamers like to be satisfied too, we want to be rewarded with using skill, not punished.

Well, I've started to ramble on so I'll rap this up. What do you think? What do you want in the Next Mario Kart? Do you agree with my suggestions? Do Blue Shells make you want to curl up and cry for hours on end? No? Just me?

Fine then.

DISCUSS.
Posted Image

#25 Wix

Wix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Assassin's Creed

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:11 AM

Lol Zuper, you suck at this xD from the last thread:

Hopefully we'll get some COOL new characters this time, like Olimar. The new characters in MK7 were a huge disappointment. I also really hope that they'll bring back the two characters per car thing from DD, though I know that's not gonna happen ^^ Oh, and I wouldn't count on blue shells going away.

i sold my brain on ebay

wob wob wob wob

i still love marina :'(

#26 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:46 AM

Lol Zuper, you suck at this xD from the last thread:

Hopefully we'll get some COOL new characters this time, like Olimar. The new characters in MK7 were a huge disappointment. I also really hope that they'll bring back the two characters per car thing from DD, though I know that's not gonna happen ^^ Oh, and I wouldn't count on blue shells going away.

Olimar isn't a Mario character. Mario Kart only has characters from the Super Mario Bros franchise. Maybe if we get something like Nintendo Kart it would make sense to include characters like Olimar.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#27 Wix

Wix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Assassin's Creed

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:57 AM

Olimar isn't a Mario character. Mario Kart only has characters from the Super Mario Bros franchise. Maybe if we get something like Nintendo Kart it would make sense to include characters like Olimar.

*facepalm* ._.

Well in that case I want the blue wizard.

Edited by Wix, 31 January 2012 - 06:59 AM.

i sold my brain on ebay

wob wob wob wob

i still love marina :'(

#28 o51enough

o51enough

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:09 AM

Lets get in the mood.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Uploaded on Neogaf..... Thought i'd share. They're aren't real by the way, just someones mockups.

Edited by o51enough, 31 January 2012 - 07:16 AM.

#29 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:51 AM

Lets get in the mood.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Uploaded on Neogaf..... Thought i'd share. They're aren't real by the way, just someones mockups.

This looks pretty cool. I wouldn't mind if this is what the next Mario Kart looked like. Nintendo should consider the items menu. It would be nice to be able to turn certain items on or off.

Edited by GameCube, 31 January 2012 - 07:52 AM.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#30 Rockalot

Rockalot

Blooper

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:28 AM

o51enough, those are incredible! Now take a moment to imagine all those tiny character portraits in the character select moving, waving at you and looking at each other, fully rendered in 3D and interactive (for that silly fun Nintendo touch) Because let's face it, that kind of stuff is possible on the WiiU.

The concept menus are extremely clean and user friendly, I would LOVE MK8 to look like this. Your item recommendations (think - rotating and coloured when on, grey and slower when off) are superb as well.

Edited by Rockalot, 31 January 2012 - 08:28 AM.

Posted Image

#31 o51enough

o51enough

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:02 AM

o51enough, those are incredible! Now take a moment to imagine all those tiny character portraits in the character select moving, waving at you and looking at each other, fully rendered in 3D and interactive (for that silly fun Nintendo touch) Because let's face it, that kind of stuff is possible on the WiiU.

The concept menus are extremely clean and user friendly, I would LOVE MK8 to look like this. Your item recommendations (think - rotating and coloured when on, grey and slower when off) are superb as well.

I would love to say it is my artwork, but unfortunately it isn't.

#32 Rockalot

Rockalot

Blooper

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:38 AM

Either way, thanks for sharing them! They're fantastic.

I can't help but think how amazing Mario Kart will look on the WiiU

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mario, Mario Kart, BLUE, SHELLS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!