Photo

Team Ninja: Wii U development comparable to PS3/360, hardware always changing, DOA5 possible

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:22 PM

Because you guys love new articles on Wii U...

Team Ninja has been one of Wii U’s early supporters. The studio will be bringing a unique version of Ninja Gaiden III to the console when it launches later this year.

Ninja Gaiden III director Fumihiko Yasuda and Team Ninja head Yosuke Hayashi were interviewed in the February issue of Nintendo Gamer, and both men sounded positive about Wii U development.

First, Yasuda commented on Wii U development in general. He said:

“It’s very easy to develop for. We’re finding it very similar to develop for Wii U as for the Xbox 360 and PS3. …They’ve asked us what we would like to see from the hardware, and when we give them feedback we can see that they’re definitely listening to it and making changes. The hardware is still constantly changing.”

Hayashi then commented on the Wii U’s unique controller:

“I think it’s a really big deal that you have a screen right there in your hands; it’s a feature that’s really unique.”

Hayashi once again commented on how Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword will connect to the Ninja Gaiden III on Wii U:

“The Wii U’s touch control is just like the DS’s. We released a Ninja Gaiden game, Dragon Sword, on DS, so we want to introduce some elements from that into the Wii U version.”

Finally, Hayashi was asked if Dead or Alive 5 would be possible on Wii U. Although he wouldn’t commit to anything, he did say that “we’re definitely keeping other platforms in mind for DOA5.”

“We’re thinking about all sorts of things. Right now, our Wii U development is focused just on Ninja Gaiden, but we’re definitely keeping other platforms in mind for DOA5.”

And Source

Edited by Lain, 30 January 2012 - 07:22 PM.

#2 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:49 PM

Awesome. That's another game to add to the 'Wii U Games' list.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#3 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:41 AM

I am for DOA 5, I love 2 and Dimensions.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#4 Rockalot

Rockalot

Blooper

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:47 AM

It'd sure be great to see Team Ninja's games flourish on the Wii U. Dead or Alive especially is in dire need of a breath of fresh air and the Wii U is the perfect platform for it to happen!

Posted Image

#5 TriForce_3

TriForce_3

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:51 AM

I like to hear that the Developers have tons of positive things to say about the Hardware. It's also good to hear that Nintendo is actively requesting feedback and 'tweaking' the Hardware based on that feedback. When you add all that up you have to believe that we will see a lot of Third Party Support.

#6 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:34 AM

I wouldn't mind Dead or Alive. From the small amount I've played it at a friends, it's a really solid fighting game with really great grabs and no stupid 'Hadoken' spam moves.

...The character models are pretty good too... ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#7 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:20 PM

When you add all that up you have to believe that we will see a lot of Third Party Support.

This is really what I got from the article. If developers can say that the hardware is developer friendly, third party support increases.

#8 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:59 PM

the wii u's life could not be off to a better start :D 3rd party support is finally here for nintendo ;')
Posted Image

#9 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:17 PM

This sounds like really great news. It's so nice to hear good comments about the Wii U from people who actually know about it. Of course I'm not that interested in anything Team Ninja has to offer, but it's still nice to hear.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#10 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:41 PM

This sounds like really great news. It's so nice to hear good comments about the Wii U from people who actually know about it. Of course I'm not that interested in anything Team Ninja has to offer, but it's still nice to hear.

I agree. I laugh at all the haters who think that what they saw during E3 was what the Wii U is going to be.
I love being the one who knows best.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#11 TriForce_3

TriForce_3

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:51 AM

This is really what I got from the article. If developers can say that the hardware is developer friendly, third party support increases.

With Nintendo's excellent first party titles you have to believe that increased third party support means that the Wii U could easily come out on top of Next Gen Console Wars.

Personally, I can't think of a reason to buy a second console IF I was able to get the great third party games while enjoying the excellent first party franchises. Sure there may be a few exclusive games on next gen Xbox/PS but I'm not sure there would be any exclusives that would make me feel it was absolutely necessary to purchase either of those consoles,which equals great news, IMO.

#12 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:06 AM

With Nintendo's excellent first party titles you have to believe that increased third party support means that the Wii U could easily come out on top of Next Gen Console Wars.

Personally, I can't think of a reason to buy a second console IF I was able to get the great third party games while enjoying the excellent first party franchises. Sure there may be a few exclusive games on next gen Xbox/PS but I'm not sure there would be any exclusives that would make me feel it was absolutely necessary to purchase either of those consoles,which equals great news, IMO.

If this is true, then the only reason to buy a different console would be the exclusives, but I'd wait till about 4-5 years after the Wii U comes out, that's when the console war is about to end, but you will still have enough time to stock up your money for the next gen!

Edited by Terrabyte20xx, 03 February 2012 - 09:06 AM.

Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#13 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:55 AM

Personally, I can't think of a reason to buy a second console IF I was able to get the great third party games while enjoying the excellent first party franchises.

If the other consoles can provide a superior gaming experience, then I see no reason why one might get those over Wii U. Right now, we don't have anything on the other two, but I'm sure they provide some unique features to help stand apart from the Wii U. Already, we know that the Wii U doesn't play DVDs and Blu-Ray, and I'm fairly certain the other two will continue with their multimedia/convergence services.

#14 TriForce_3

TriForce_3

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:54 PM

If the other consoles can provide a superior gaming experience, then I see no reason why one might get those over Wii U. Right now, we don't have anything on the other two, but I'm sure they provide some unique features to help stand apart from the Wii U. Already, we know that the Wii U doesn't play DVDs and Blu-Ray, and I'm fairly certain the other two will continue with their multimedia/convergence services.

I guess what I'm saying is I hope the need isn't as large. For the last 3 generations I've purchased a Nintendo Console and atleast 1 other so I could play the multi-platform games and the Nintendo First party games.

If Nintendo is listening to developers actively then it would seem there is atleast less need to purchase a second console, but in the end I'm sure your right and Sony/Microsoft will do something to distinguish themselves. It would be nice though to be able to focus on a single console for once.

#15 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:03 PM

no stupid 'Hadoken' spam moves

You'vr never played Genra.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#16 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:52 PM

You'vr never played Genra.

Genra...........I hate fighting him at times. Especially when he spams me with those fireballs.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#17 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:04 PM

I wouldn't mind Dead or Alive. From the small amount I've played it at a friends, it's a really solid fighting game with really great grabs and no stupid 'Hadoken' spam moves.

...The character models are pretty good too... ;)

Ohh... you nasty xD
Posted Image

#18 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:49 AM

I have no interest in getting the 720 or PS4 theres just no reason to. Nintendo is going all out. HD finally, 3rd party developers are pretty much begging to work on the Wii U and Nintendo isnt shooing them away which includes Crytek, Darksiders 2 guys and a few developers from uncharted. Not to mention the online is supposedly like a psn/xbl/steam type thing thats works just as well as xbl but with video and party chat its security is beastly no f-ing hacking (cough sony cough) and its 100% free not like the $60 a year for xbl. No point paying $60 a year when you get something just as good if not better for free right? Halo 5 and 6 would be the only thing I would want to play on the next xbox lol.

Nintendo I tip my hat to you. You win the 8th gen congrats.

Edited by Nin_Stream, 05 February 2012 - 01:49 AM.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#19 Zuperman

Zuperman

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:00 AM

So if this hardware is always changing, it's safe to say the Wii U is really going to shine at next E3 and hopefully blow us away with cutting edge graphics and overall power.
Posted Image

#20 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:13 AM

So if this hardware is always changing, it's safe to say the Wii U is really going to shine at next E3 and hopefully blow us away with cutting edge graphics and overall power.

That is what we all hope for isn't it?

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!