• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 omega

omega

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:15 PM

i think the controller is a good idea what if the system is in the living room *mine of course will be in my room* and maybe there dad or mom walks in and wants to watch tv they can just switch to the controller and no argument thats a great idea! there also switching back to controllers which is very good to but i mean it just looks big just a smidge lol... i mean there are endless possiblities maybe someone is sittin in chair a little bit away from the tv *that would happen with my friends* and they just play it there lookin at the controller? now if the controller is light thats a totally different thing there would be no problem holding it! now i wanna hear your opinions what do you guys think? is it good or bad mine is like at a 98% good 2% bad. oh! and lets not forget video chatting thats rlly good for me since my bro is in the airforce and gets shipped off places all the time makes it easy to talk and with the mic in the controller this could also mean online playing with chatting be amazing wouldnt it?
games are a get away when your tired or bored they can take you places you could have never thought of its like a book but 300x better :D

#2 Limelight788

Limelight788

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo, Gran Turismo

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:18 PM

It's either the best controller set-up ever made or a huge gimmick. We'll have to see what it is.

Right now, it looks really good and I can only see it benefiting the games a lot if used well. Hopefully, the gimmick part won't be as badly abused as the Wii.

The Official Mega Man for SSB4 Thread

megaman-2.gif

Want Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. 4? Click on the link in the text and show your support!

#3 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:09 PM

It's either the best controller set-up ever made or a huge gimmick. We'll have to see what it is.

Right now, it looks really good and I can only see it benefiting the games a lot if used well. Hopefully, the gimmick part won't be as badly abused as the Wii.

Gimmicks on the wii were only used on sucky games. Name one good game on the wii that used the wiimote as a gimmick

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#4 Aaron Barton

Aaron Barton

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:25 PM

Gimmicks on the wii were only used on sucky games. Name one good game on the wii that used the wiimote as a gimmick

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

#5 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:39 PM

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

I meant developed on the wii first, not ported from Gamecube

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

#6 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:41 PM

It wasn't at all what I was expecting. I thought the controller would be more like this:
Posted Image

Having said that, the real thing does look very nice, and I'm happy with it. I love the personal screen; it'll be perfect for split screen gaming. I also like how if someone in your family wants to watch TV while you're playing the Wii U, it'll no longer be a problem.

Edited by AMAC, 07 June 2011 - 10:43 PM.

#7 Ruthie

Ruthie

Blooper

• Writers
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Final Fantasy, Uncharted, Ratchet

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:46 AM

Now I've thought about it for a bit, its really starting to grow on me, I just can't wait to see for myself what it feels like.
Assistant Writer of Wii U Go and Vita/3DS enthusiast.

#8 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:38 PM

it looks very promising, the things you can do with it look very fun and I'm sure it will be comfortable, by now there would be tons of complains about it if it wasn't comfortable, and I mean complains from people who have ACTUALLY tried it.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#9 Crimson

Crimson

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Fandom:
    Platformers

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:23 PM

It looks good. It's just that maybe analog stick would have been better than circle pads. Problem: analog sticks would have been too elevated to easily access the touch screen. What sucks is that you can't click them... Or else everything seems excellent. It looks big, but if it's comfortable, I don't care.

If you can't use more than one on a system, though, I'll be mad.

#10 Camcam281

Camcam281

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kid icarus, Mario kart, and OoT :)

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:59 PM

I personally love it. It is a very crisp design, and seems to be perfect for all kinds of gamers. I also personally like how they are analog sliders not like the nunchuk. Some people were saying that it is to big and seems to seem like it would hurt your hand, but apparently it is perfectly fine. We will see :P
Posted Image

#11 Marik

Marik

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:34 PM

Wii will have to see. B)

#12 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:52 PM

Wii will have to see. B)

U and i have too see this to believe it

#13 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:55 PM

U and i have too see this to believe it

U would like to play!
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#14 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:28 PM

I really like the new controller. I do believe however that it is neither the best controller ever created or the worst controller ever created. U and I, Wii will just have to wait and see. B)

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#15 Guest_Baroque_*

Guest_Baroque_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:30 PM

I really love it. I don't know what it is about the Wii U padtroller but I have this strange desire to play on it as soon as possible.

#16 rob_shadows

rob_shadows

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:42 PM

I liked some of the concept design mock ups better than the final design (like the one shown on page 1 of this thread, that to me was the best mock up design I've seen) but I do understand why they went the pad route, they showed off some of the reason the trailer when they showed people playing virtual versions of board games and such.

I'm intrigued by the possibilities but really disappointed that only one can be used at a time, but that reflects more on the system than the controller itself. I'd like to try it out but don't really have any interest in buying the system myself because of the limitation to only one controller, will undoubtedly make sure I check it out when my cousin inevitably buys it on release day after bringing me along to camp outside a local retailer though, lol. Just hope it's not cold and raining this time like it was when we waited 8 hours outside Target for a Wii.

#17 Mario

Mario

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA.MEGAMAN.CASTLEVANIA.GTA.

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:51 PM

GEEEEEEENIUS!

The reason I've always adored portable games is because, while I LOVED playing video games, I always liked the idea of being around my family,
and off in my own little world at the same time.
This system. Dat controller. DAT CONTROLLER.
The screen is what makes this for me.
Help Buy Mario a 3DS!
:3

#18 Roxas2011

Roxas2011

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:17 AM

It is pretty cool and and it can stream from the console who don't want that? B)

#19 Storm

Storm

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:45 AM

No clickable analog sticks + no triggers = Not too happy.

That has time to change though. I'll cut Nintendo some slack until launch.

#20 Droenix

Droenix

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:15 AM

Nintendo still has time to change the design of the controller, if critics feel that the controller isn't visually appealing or doesn't have the right aesthetics to be comfortable enough to play on. It looks somewhat comfortable to hold in your hands, but it just seems that the sheer size of the controller might be a little problematic, especially for younger gamers.

We will see in due time though.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!