• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Xilefian

Xilefian

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

Hello all I joined this forum because I found that a lot of people don't understand the terms used when describing the Wii U's console "Power" and a lot of people don't really understand how console hardware and software work in relation to the Wii U, I decided to start voicing this knowledge so I joined this place!

I'll be making a tech FAQ thread after I answered some questions from users, as there's no good place for that, anyone want to ask me something in relation to the Wii U or other console programming? I will take intelligent speculative guesses too and give reasoning behind them.

I'm a C++ video game programmer and a computer science enthusiast, this includes consoles because it facinates me how consoles are developed for.

I hope I can help a few people in understanding the console a bit more

#2 aaron

aaron

noraA

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Fandom:
    You

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:13 PM

Hello, welcome to the forums!
I hope you have an absoultely awesome time here!

by chance

#3 NovusRex

NovusRex

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Pokemon, Assassins Creed, Doom

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

Hello all I joined this forum because I found that a lot of people don't understand the terms used when describing the Wii U's console "Power" and a lot of people don't really understand how console hardware and software work in relation to the Wii U

Me me me! Lol, welcome aboard and I'm looking forward to learn some stuff from you ^^,

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

Welcome.
You can explain those things until you're pink in the face, but it still won't get through in most cases.
You're better off learning to live with ignorance.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 Xilefian

Xilefian

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

Welcome.
You can explain those things until you're pink in the face, but it still won't get through in most cases.
You're better off learning to live with ignorance.

I learnt to live with ignorance, but when I have free time I enjoy teaching about small things and when I explained the theory behind 3D view-port translations to a 2D screen on a game forum I found my information being quote in various corners of the web so I do get some self-satisfaction knowing that some of my ideas and explanations educate a few people :)

#6 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:10 AM

Welcome to the Wii U Forums Xilefian. I hope you enjoy your time here and become a great addition to the forums. We need more minds like yours.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#7 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

thx bro!!! ive been hoping someone like you would show up to clear things up :D welcome!!
Posted Image

#8 Randomite

Randomite

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

Welcome to the forums, am curious as I am learning some programming languages off my own initiative (Python, C#) is C++ easy to pick up like C# seems to be? Also, I don't like the idea of going back into education and such (as I am old :'( ) if there was any decent resorce sites online you would recommend should I decide to also learn C++ as a hobby so to speak?

Thanks in advance for the help.

#9 Xilefian

Xilefian

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

Welcome to the forums, am curious as I am learning some programming languages off my own initiative (Python, C#) is C++ easy to pick up like C# seems to be? Also, I don't like the idea of going back into education and such (as I am old :'( ) if there was any decent resorce sites online you would recommend should I decide to also learn C++ as a hobby so to speak?

Thanks in advance for the help.

I started learning Visual Basic .NET and then self-taught myself a lot of that, transferring to C++ was very each from there, so I'm guessing if you know C# you can "step down" to C++ easy, although the world of C++ is a lot broader than C#.

You most definitely need a goal when you're learning, my goal was to output graphics, then user input, then 3D effects, by googling online and using tutorials I taught myself a lot

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:18 PM

I learnt to live with ignorance, but when I have free time I enjoy teaching about small things and when I explained the theory behind 3D view-port translations to a 2D screen on a game forum I found my information being quote in various corners of the web so I do get some self-satisfaction knowing that some of my ideas and explanations educate a few people :)

Good luck then.
At least this forum has a few smart users, and rewards the good ones.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!