• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:30 PM

Special thanks to my contact at Nintendo of America for providing this. Hope you enjoy them. :D

Wii U Fact Sheet

Launches: 2012
Size: Approximately 1.8 inches tall, 6.8 inches wide and 10.5 inches long.
New Controller: The new controller incorporates a 6.2-inch, 16:9 touch screen and traditional button
controls, including two analog Circle Pads. This combination removes the traditional
barriers between games, players and the TV by creating a second window into the
video game world. The rechargeable controller includes a Power button, Home
button, +Control Pad, A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R buttons and ZL/ZR buttons. It includes a
built-in accelerometer and gyroscope, rumble feature, camera, a microphone, stereo
speakers, a sensor strip and a stylus.
Other Controls: Up to four Wii Remoteâ„¢ (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers can be connected at once.
The new console supports all Wiiâ„¢ controllers and input devices, including the
Nunchukâ„¢ controller, Classic Controllerâ„¢, Classic Controller Proâ„¢ and Wii Balance
Boardâ„¢.
Media: A single self-loading media bay will play 12-centimeter proprietary high-density
optical discs for the new console, as well as 12-centimeter Wii optical discs.
Video Output: Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI,
component, S-video and composite.
Audio Output: Uses AV Multi Out connector. Six-channel PCM linear output through HDMI.
Storage: The console will have internal flash memory, as well as the option to expand its
memory using either an SD memory card or an external USB hard disk drive.
CPU: IBM Power®-based multi-core microprocessor.
GPU: AMD Radeonâ„¢-based High Definition GPU.
Other: Four USB 2.0 connector slots are included. The new console is backward compatible
with Wii games and Wii accessories.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2011_HW_0_logo_E3.png
  • 2011_HW_1_imge01_E3.png
  • 2011_HW_2_imge02_E3.png
  • 2011_HW_2_imge03_E3.png
  • 2011_HW_2_imge04_E3.png
  • 2011_HW_2_imge05_E3.png
  • 2011_HW_2_imge06_E3.png
  • 2011_HW_2_imge07_E3.png
  • 2011_HW_2_imge08_E3.png
  • 2011_HW_2_imge09_E3.png
  • 2011_HW_3_imge10_E3.png
  • 2011_SW01_1_scrn01_E3.png
  • 2011_SW01_2_scrn02_E3.png
  • 2011_SW01_3_scrn03_E3.png
  • 2011_SW01_4_scrn04_E3.png
  • 2011_SW01_5_scrn05_E3.png

#2 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:32 PM

Sweet. Thats alot of specs. I like the clear pics Feld0. :D

#3 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:35 PM

Thanks for posting Feld0. And those screenshots are looking nice.

#4 Ruthie

Ruthie

Blooper

• Writers
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Final Fantasy, Uncharted, Ratchet

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:54 AM

Wow, wasn't expecting them to be that big xD. I just keep looking at the controller picks, it does look very polished and nice.
Assistant Writer of Wii U Go and Vita/3DS enthusiast.

#5 Limelight788

Limelight788

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo, Gran Turismo

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:11 AM

For the most part, the specs looks great. My main concern is the possibility that only one Wii-U controller can be used at a time and that we don't know how powerful the system is.

The Official Mega Man for SSB4 Thread

megaman-2.gif

Want Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. 4? Click on the link in the text and show your support!

#6 Aaron Barton

Aaron Barton

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:09 PM

We couldn't get quality, direct-feed, high-res images of something other than a Wii game with Mii's pasted into it? Like...how about that Zelda tech demo?

Whimper.

#7 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:18 PM

We couldn't get quality, direct-feed, high-res images of something other than a Wii game with Mii's pasted into it? Like...how about that Zelda tech demo?

Whimper.

I'll see if I can get some of that for you guys.

Edit: Just found this one image on Ninty's press site. I'll ask to see if I can get any more.

Attached Thumbnails

• The Legend of Zelda Wii U.png

#8 Aaron Barton

Aaron Barton

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:57 PM

Pretty nice. I was watching the zillions of screen-look videos of people "playing" the demo and I can tell you that Link looks better than ever, sort of want a close-up. As he's walking into the room, it's just gorgeous.

There's a real lack of software from Nintendo here. I was thinking that they may be intentionally holding back so that third parties can take the limelight, but now that it's settled, I really just get the impression that they have nothing to show lol.

#9 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:45 PM

Pretty nice. I was watching the zillions of screen-look videos of people "playing" the demo and I can tell you that Link looks better than ever, sort of want a close-up. As he's walking into the room, it's just gorgeous.

There's a real lack of software from Nintendo here. I was thinking that they may be intentionally holding back so that third parties can take the limelight, but now that it's settled, I really just get the impression that they have nothing to show lol.

I have a good feeling that the reason we're not seeing much from Nintendo on the Wii U is because all of their studios are currently cranking out sheer epicness on the 3DS. Even Retro Studios is working on Mario Kart 3DS.

By the way, a little update: NoA replied to me. They declined to comment on the number of controllers that can be used, and I was also told that they won't provide any further materials beyond what's in the press kit.

#10 Aaron Barton

Aaron Barton

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:10 PM

Thanks for communicating with NOA. Understandable for them. It's pretty apparent that Nintendo is fully aware of how lame it is to support a single controller. Otherwise they would have been more vocal about it, or at least had it on their spec sheet.

It's also really sad that the 3DS would have made a fine stand-in controller, except that it lacks a second analog nub and two shoulder buttons. Way to think ahead!

I frankly feel that if they are not able to achieve at least two controllers at once, it shouldn't even be done at all yet.

#11 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:12 PM

These screenshots are really good. Thanks Feld0.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#12 Marik

Marik

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:50 PM

Oh SWEET JESUS! External HDD for additional storage? YES! Good thing I picked up a 750gig at my last visit to Best Buy. Also, the controller is rechargeable. Just take my money Nintendo.

#13 Guest_Baroque_*

Guest_Baroque_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:53 PM

Still no confirmation on the whole "One new controller per console" thing I see.

#14 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:57 PM

Still no confirmation on the whole "One new controller per console" thing I see.

This isn't confirmation, but it helps to prove why it could only be one.
Many computer chip CPU's, can handle one screen, Try to stream it to 2, thats okay, 3 means that it has to be pretty pricey to make it work.
Has nintendo ever put Powerhouses of CPU's in it's consoles.
I rest my case

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#15 Guest_Baroque_*

Guest_Baroque_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:59 PM

This isn't confirmation, but it helps to prove why it could only be one.
Many computer chip CPU's, can handle one screen, Try to stream it to 2, thats okay, 3 means that it has to be pretty pricey to make it work.
Has nintendo ever put Powerhouses of CPU's in it's consoles.
I rest my case

Cut the resolution sent to each controller and it could possibly support 2 comfortably.

#16 Marik

Marik

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:59 PM

Yeah but we can pretty much assume that only one controller will be compatible. If they release a rechargeable Wiimote, and make a stupendous online system, then I'll be completely fine with it. The Classic Controller Pro is a great controller for games like SSB anyways.

#17 Marik

Marik

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:01 PM

Cut the resolution sent to each controller and it could possibly support 2 comfortably.

Not exactly. With computers that support two or more monitors, there isn't two separate processes going on. To support two Wii-U controllers that would have to be the case.

#18 Guest_Baroque_*

Guest_Baroque_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:09 PM

Not exactly. With computers that support two or more monitors, there isn't two separate processes going on. To support two Wii-U controllers that would have to be the case.

They could still at least try to support two controllers when connected to the TV. That shouldn't be a problem.

#19 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:13 PM

They could still at least try to support two controllers when connected to the TV. That shouldn't be a problem.

We see it as no problem, but keep in mind Nintendo's ideas:
It must be cheap and innovative
Can they do it? yes
Will it be Cheap? Probably not

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#20 Guest_Baroque_*

Guest_Baroque_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:15 PM

We see it as no problem, but keep in mind Nintendo's ideas:
It must be cheap and innovative
Can they do it? yes
Will it be Cheap? Probably not

Very true. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to go back to that dark place known as controller sharing. *shudders*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!