Photo

What part of the Wii U gets you hyped the most?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:20 AM

Bringing back the hardcore dudes. I sometimes feel embarrassed at school when people are talking about the PS3 and Xbox 360.
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#22 Wix

Wix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Assassin's Creed

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:43 AM

The fact that Nintendo's finally implementing some of the features that have been available for years on the HD consoles (which attracts more devs ^^).

i sold my brain on ebay

wob wob wob wob

i still love marina :'(

#23 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

Smash bros & hopefully A new Metroid

1367065580450s.jpg

#24 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

Hmm I want to list my top 3:
The controller
Nintendo Network
Firtsy party titles on powerful hardware(Imagines Metroid Prime 4 on CryEngine 3)

#25 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

3rd Party Support. I can't tell you how many times my heart rate increases when I hear that more and more 3rd parties love the system!

absolutely!! the day that i play gta 5 on a nintendo console, i have played the best console ever :') cant believe nintendo is finally getting all the games coming to xbox360 and ps3 and eventually the ps4 and 720 games too
Posted Image

#26 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

Yeah. Fellow Nintendo fans, I think we are looking at the next SNES.

#27 Zuperman

Zuperman

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:25 PM

Pretty much the concept of finally seeing Mario and Link in the best graphics possible, since they've been behind for so long now.
Posted Image

#28 mootap

mootap

Blooper

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

Playing Gta,Battlefield,Zelda,Mario,
ON THE SAME CONSOLE!!!!it really is shaping to be a console for every type of gamer
Posted Image

#29 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

Just the fact that Nintendo will once again be a big player in the game industry. I've sorely missed the days of the GameCube when, even if Nintendo fans were disrespected and our console was dead last, we still could quite proudly say we were at least on par with the PS2 and Xbox. As much as I was hyped for the Wii, it just kind of turned out to be a bit of a dissapointment. I see where Nintendo was going with it, but it was so radically different to the competition that some of us just had no choice but to do most of our gaming on a rival platform rather than on Nintendo's consoles. Now with Nintendo finally catching up with next-gen HD graphics, a practical and innovative controller, and a (Probably) awesome online network, I can finally call myself a "Nintendo gamer" again. :P

i feel the same way it kindof feels weird going back to the n64 and gamecube style days with this new console because it's been awile since anyone has taken nintendo seriously because wii doesn't have a lot of games that the other consoles have so it sucks for wii gamers, but with the wii u and next gen i think NINTENDO is going to be fine. considering all these terrible leaks coming from the microsoft side of things on their next console. if it is going to be about on par with wii u( name subject to change) lol XD , plus no used games on it, AND the lack of exclusive games(probably) which is a huge selling point, and lastly the year head start is really going to give nintendo a HUGE advantage in terms of sales. Plus the combination of all the people who bought a wii will probably consider getting one since it's backwards compatible, the hardcore nintendo fans, and the middle ground "hardcore" audience might make it a huge sale for nintendo

Edited by hardcoreUfan, 06 February 2012 - 02:16 PM.

Signature_Fox.png

#30 Shokio

Shokio

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Starfox, F-Zero, SSB

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

Well it kind of does because so many times I have said gameplay is more important then graphics but skyward swords bluriness and lack of AA was hard too look at. Plus some of the third parties think graphics > gameplay. I'm just saying the HD graphics will put Nintendo at least on par with competitors and the Wii U should get ports.

Bluriness and lack of AA? Did you play SS on an HDTV?
Posted Image

#31 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

Controller
HD graphics
3rd Party and 1st Party Titles
Mii features
Camera
Microphone- I would finally be able to record myself for more than 1 min.

#32 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:12 PM

Bluriness and lack of AA? Did you play SS on an HDTV?

Yes. I play all my consoles on a 40" LCD Sony Bravia. Twilight Princess looked much better on my TV and that was a Gamecube game lol.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#33 Shokio

Shokio

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

Yes. I play all my consoles on a 40" LCD Sony Bravia. Twilight Princess looked much better on my TV and that was a Gamecube game lol.

Yea that's why lol. I like to play my Wii games on a SD TV, since well, they look better. HDTV's blur Wii games, give them muddy textures, and creates a lot of jaggies. I can't stand it.
Posted Image

#34 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:56 PM

Yea, I play Wii and Ps2 on my crappy 38 inch SD 480p TV

My WiiU is going to be played on my 48" HD 1080i tv

#35 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:02 PM

Yea that's why lol. I like to play my Wii games on a SD TV, since well, they look better. HDTV's blur Wii games, give them muddy textures, and creates a lot of jaggies. I can't stand it.

Even if i use dolphin to up the Res and include AA it still doesnt look that great. Ironically, the two super mario galaxy games looked wonderful on my TV. I guess because Mario games are less about textures and more about polygons?
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#36 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:06 PM

the new box smell :D and the home menu and the box and the newness!

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#37 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:45 PM

-

Edited by BassDropper, 05 September 2013 - 01:14 AM.

#38 Shokio

Shokio

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:07 AM

I don't get hyped. Australians don't do hype, Americans do :3
However I am excited about a Nintendo system having proper online, I hope Nintendo make good use of it.

Not really if you buy the proper cables to use a Wii with a HD TV, that's what I did.

Yea I bought some Nyko HD cables. The image IS clearer, but it still gives me a lot of jaggies.
Posted Image

#39 ocarinaofrock

ocarinaofrock

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:17 PM

I'm excited about the internet. I don't own a computer so i do everthing from my nintendo systems. I am praying for the latest flash player on this one. 3DS would be so cool if I could watch youtube on there.

Attached Thumbnails

• HNI_0027_JPG.JPG

#40 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:53 PM

Having a massive tournament with all my enemies from this forum in SSBW (W = Whatever)

Oh, but that's confirmed isn't it? I surely don't hope for it D:

Edited by Waller, 16 February 2012 - 11:53 PM.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!