• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#61 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:37 PM

Thanks. This Wii U menu was supposed to look like a modern version of the old Wii menu. More sleek, more "today" and more of everything, I suppose. Simple yet complete, I guess.

When I posted this on IGN boards, I was asked why there were three big icons with games in them. The thought was one was from the disc tray, one from an external HDD and one from SD card. So I made a slight change, notice the icons that portray where the game is being loaded from:

Posted Image

Then, people wanted folders. Folders! Put your stuff into FOLDERS! Folderzzzzzzzzzah! Foldermania, it's global.

Posted Image

But these folders are rather flat and boring, so how about a user-set, custom photo for each folder?

Posted Image

Just slight changes. Nothing big.

First post here, been a long time reader just never registered. Had to say hi when I saw my little Wii U menu ended up here.

I dont want to see steam icon or origin in my wii u menu, also I wish nintendo will remove the mii page.. I want to have my mii in my desktop (main menu) in front of me.. interact with me.. Your creation have potential of reducing the full of selection box's icons.. More like create sub categories (online services, nintendo network could combine the wii U DL games, WIIWARE, classic, wii games, etc... and earn some space for the mii....

Edited by Orion, 12 May 2012 - 11:40 PM.

#62 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:44 PM

Here's a simplistic Wii U boards+friendlist+chat I made...

Posted Image

Amazing! I hope we'll get something like that. It looks 'hardcore'.
No sig.

#63 ArnarFB

ArnarFB

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, F-Zero

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:32 AM

Just a few little changes

- Wii points in upper right corner
- U-boards threads can be opened in different tabs
- Number of new messages from friends in friend list
- In U-Chat new messages from friends in another window shown in number of messages
- When chatting with someone via Video Chat, his or her name in the friend list glows.
- Leaderboards added to friend list, "Friend leaderboard", seperate from the Worldwide Leaderboard found on Wii U desktop (like the one I had on the first concept)
- Shadows added to text and boxes given a more "pop out" look.
- White myst-line in the background, the background would be slowly moving to give it a more dynamic feel and look.

Posted Image

Edited by ArnarFB, 13 May 2012 - 03:32 AM.

#64 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:37 AM

Hay we are going to have to bump this...
Posted Image

From IGN

It's friggen AWESOME!!

Best concept of anything related to the Wii U thus far in my opinion.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#65 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:00 AM

- In U-Chat new messages from friends in another window shown in number of messages
- When chatting with someone via Video Chat, his or her name in the friend list glows.
- Leaderboards added to friend list, "Friend leaderboard", seperate from the Worldwide Leaderboard found on Wii U desktop (like the one I had on the first concept)
- White myst-line in the background, the background would be slowly moving to give it a more dynamic feel and look.

Posted Image

I truly love your improvement, ArnarFB!!! Especially the additional stuff added into that concept. By the time the U is released, I'm gonna save up my Wii Points, buy games either at the store or digital download. Freakin' beast of a system!

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#66 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:37 AM

I'd love that arnar, but alas... :( Nintendo.
I could see them doing the chat+videochat thing but the message board, I dunno...

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#67 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:12 AM

Posted Image

I truly commend your work, BRAVO!

#68 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:39 AM

It will almost certainly be just a generic menu like Wii/3DS but I hope for something unique as the posted fanworks. One important thing is by the way, that you can start the game quickly and with one press on the button. The first thing we should be able to do is in the menu is press A or touch an icon and play the inserted game immediately.
No sig.

#69 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:49 AM

It's friggen AWESOME!!

Best concept of anything related to the Wii U thus far in my opinion.

Tell that to Arnar.

#70 ArnarFB

ArnarFB

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:21 AM

It will almost certainly be just a generic menu like Wii/3DS but I hope for something unique as the posted fanworks. One important thing is by the way, that you can start the game quickly and with one press on the button. The first thing we should be able to do is in the menu is press A or touch an icon and play the inserted game immediately.

I had an empty space in the lower left corner I thought could be used for random purposes, depending on what screen you're on. I put a "PLAY!" magic button there, that if the player had the menu on his U-pad, he could slide his left thumb down to the button and instantly go to the game in the tray.

Posted Image

I wonder however if the U-pad screen could display this menu in its "big screen"-intended form or if there would be a "dumbed down" version of it needed. Like for the boards and friendlist, the white and gray text beneath the thread title and user names, it would not be displayed there on the U-pad, but instead be displayed in the thread itself or selected user profile. I guess it would get a bit cramped on that cute little screen, no? Another solution would be fewer thread titles and friends displayed on the U-pad so the white and gray text can be displayed.

I'm just thinking out loud and getting feedback from you.

#71 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:46 PM

Perhaps you should change it to "Play inserted game" or something to fit with the style but the idea is good.
No sig.

#72 Jubei

Jubei

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Fandom:
    Too much to List.

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:33 PM

I'm probably not the only one who has noticed this but there is L4D on that screen.

I know the screen is fan-made, but I hope that Valve hasn't given up on their development in Wii U.
Posted Image

#73 Wix

Wix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Assassin's Creed

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:12 AM

TBH I'd prefer something less... overwhelming. That's the impression I get from some of the concepts. Seen the PS3's menu? Simple. Organized. Beautiful.

i sold my brain on ebay

wob wob wob wob

i still love marina :'(

#74 KennGalaxy

KennGalaxy

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:04 PM

I reaaallly hope we get to see what the Wii U menu looks like at E3, but idk. These mock ups are fantastic though !

#75 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

Edited by me:

Posted Image

#76 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:42 PM

Edited by me:

Posted Image

You keep on doing what you always do best. Epic job on that concept!

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#77 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:08 AM

Edited by me:

Posted Image

I would totally buy this. Now do the same with a White, silver and black with blue LEDs Wii U.
No sig.

#78 KennGalaxy

KennGalaxy

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:22 AM

Edited by me:

Posted Image

That console looks awesome bro ! keep up the great work !

#79 ArnarFB

ArnarFB

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

I used the second Wii U menu concept I did as a base and made a "simple menu" system for it... I think.

Maybe a bit PS3ish on the start menu, but when you move your Wiimote cursor over the text, it goes gray, press it and it illuminates and out pop the different submenu items. They'd hover in the air and the background text blurs out. If you'd press a submenu text and hold the button, you could theoratically move the text around and the other submenu items would move in "spherical motion" with it. Think about a simplified Minority Report...

So lets just roll with it... Minority Report goes into custom folder system with movable folders and then into media player

1. Here we have the "simplified Minority Report". Imagine you're using the Wiimote here and you hold A over "Internet Settings" and move your arm around. The rest of the settings submenus roll around in a spherical motion, you push the Wiimote towards the screen and "Internet Settings" goes deeper into the screen while for example "Audio settings" comes closer. If you'd move "Privacy settings" up into the left top corner, "Controller settings" would move down into the right hand corner. Just a fun little thing to mess around with.

Posted Image

2. Now we're going to play some music. (I added the "Pictures" menu at this stage, just to point that out.)

Posted Image

Here we have a folder view, you can see a button up top that could switch it into list view or even icon view, I dunno... You could arrange your folders any way you'd want. Lets listen to some metal...

Posted Image

Here we have some artists. Some folders have been customized, others have not. I want to listen to Mastodon now.

Posted Image

They've released five albums, here I arranged the albums in line and in order. Every album has its cover added to the folder. Lets go to listen to... The Hunter.

Posted Image

So here we have a little media player with track listing and a little info about the album. I paused it, so I wouldn't scare ya with the loud music, since I've got the volume turned all the way up :)

Posted Image

Anyways, just a fun little thing to imagine. Enjoy (or maybe you won't)

#80 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:01 PM

^Awesome!
No sig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users