#1 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

Apparently activision is planning to support nintendo alot this time around

From what the article says

Activision is currently working on multiple games for Nintendo systems and the amount of support will be greater than it was before

http://www.nintendoe...this-year-next/

#2 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:17 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE!
NO NO NO NO NO

WHY?!?!
Posted Image

#3 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

Coolies.
Although all the fanboys here will be like "... "

Hang on, I'll just quote Blade.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE!
NO NO NO NO NO

WHY?!?!

Wouldn't mind some things, like a [PROTOTYPE] 2 or something like that.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#4 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:28 PM

I expected this anyway. One thing I would like to see is prototype 2 and Transformers game from High Moon Studios.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#5 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:28 PM

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC NEWS!! really awesome post. nintendo pretty much has everyone in the bag now, everyone else is going to follow soon if they havent already, the dream that the wii u will have the most support next gen is coming true :D
as for activision's wii u launch game, its almost definitely going to be 007 skyfall. we already know that the next cod is coming (it was hinted at strongly ages ago) and having the next cod possibly being developed specifically for wii u is epic, i know it wont be exclusive, but it will have exclusive gameplay features :D thank you activision

Edited by Crackkat, 08 February 2012 - 06:29 PM.

Posted Image

#6 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

Agreed though i know most will try and flame me for this i love the cod seires will really only the treyarch productions. I think support from activision pretty much shows that wii u is an all around console beast. and Auzzie i still dont understand why people are so anti activision.

#7 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

The more third party support the better!

... Seriously!

#8 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:01 PM

Auzzie i still dont understand why people are so anti activision.

Allow me to use a made-up word that everyone will get anyway.

SPAM-DOUKEN!

They've got a history of running things into the ground (Tony Hawk Skateboarding, Guitar Hero). They also have Call of Duty at their fingertips, which has a lot of haters due to the online communities (Which, in all honesty, isn't any different from other online communities. People just like to think Nintendo as safe because they haven't jumped on the voice chat bandwagon).

Still, Activision's support will be needed.

AuzzieWingman.png

#9 Poliwhirl

Poliwhirl

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

I heard that there is a Skylanders sequel being considered to release on the Wii U, so there's one game that Activision might have planned for the Wii U. Of course, it's multiplatform, but this is still good news (apparently the Wii version of the original Skylanders sold the most compared to the other consoles).

Source:

http://www.joystiq.c..._medium=twitter

Edited by Poliwhirl, 08 February 2012 - 07:18 PM.

Posted Image

The King of Fighters series + Wii U ports = AWESOME!!!

#10 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:20 PM

Coolies.
Although all the fanboys here will be like "... "

Hang on, I'll just quote Blade

LOL xD

I was kidding anyways :P

I think.

Edited by KeyBladeWielder, 08 February 2012 - 07:22 PM.

Posted Image

#11 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:35 PM

WHO'S READY FOR AN EXCLUSIVE SKYLANDER'S GAME!?!?!(You know, NFC?)

Really, this is pretty cool, as long as the good games come over.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#12 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

Just a few more top 3rd-Party developers Nintendo, just a few more...

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#13 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:27 PM

Just a few more top 3rd-Party developers Nintendo, just a few more...

who else would you want to join as a third party dev?

#14 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

who else would you want to join as a third party dev?

2K Studios, Bethesda (waiting for a confirmation, not a hint), Rockstar Games (likewise), Bioware (Well, EA does own them so...) and anymore that I have missed and someone else wants to help add.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#15 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

Allow me to use a made-up word that everyone will get anyway.

SPAM-DOUKEN!

They've got a history of running things into the ground (Tony Hawk Skateboarding, Guitar Hero). They also have Call of Duty at their fingertips, which has a lot of haters due to the online communities (Which, in all honesty, isn't any different from other online communities. People just like to think Nintendo as safe because they haven't jumped on the voice chat bandwagon).

Still, Activision's support will be needed.

i wouldn't get upset about this it is great news knowing activision is fully supporting wii u. and just because of some early tony hawk wii game doesn't mean they ran things into the ground, every company has their mistakes(plus i have played some great tonyhawk games) .And who said guitar hero is bad ? those games are fun. also you can't judge call of duty off of it's online communitys. you base it off of it's gameplay, and your appeal to it, and nobody at activision says that everyone should play cod so just avoid it if that's your thing .

oh btw wii games have voice chat

Edited by hardcoreUfan, 10 February 2012 - 12:26 PM.

Signature_Fox.png

#16 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:29 PM

Well who wouldnt be exited? The more the merrier! But I wouldnt want things like CoD as a launch game nor would I want a new Guitar Hero. I think if they are going to make a new CoD maybe make it like CoD Survival Zombies where you have all the survival and zombie maps and a few extra. That I might pay for. Also maybe put something on the 3DS now that it has CCP.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#17 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

This was a given really. Activision supports every platform from every dev since they just have the sort of money to blow on that kind of thing, and their franchises are big enough that they can make a profit even putting them on the last place platforms. I'm not really fond of Activision's business practices, but they aren't going to interfere with how Nintendo works so this can really only be a good thing. I like how everyone is really eager to jump on board with the new Nintendo console this time around, and are actually giving us hardcore games rather than the shovelware we got from companies like Ubisoft throughout the Wii era. This all spells very good news for the console's future.

Also, just saying this here, major devs like Activision and EA are likely the first to know about new consoles long before they're announced to the public. With how enthusiastic they are about the Wii U, this just further proves that it can stand up just fine against Xbox 720 and PS4, they wouldn't be praising it in the way they are now if they knew Microsoft and Sony had hardware that could blow it out of the water a couple years later.

Posted Image

#18 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:06 PM

i wouldn't get upset about this it is great news knowing activision is fully supporting wii u. and just because of some early tony hawk wii game doesn't mean they ran things into the ground, every company has their mistakes(plus i have played some great tonyhawk games) .And who said guitar hero is bad ? those games are fun. also you can't judge call of duty off of it's online communitys. you base it off of it's gameplay, and your appeal to it, and nobody at activision says that everyone should play cod so just avoid it if that's your thing .

oh btw wii games have voice chat

Looks like I gave you the impression that I'm on the Activision hatewagon. WHOOPS!

The Tony Hawk/Guitar Hero 'running into the ground' thing is generalisation, not my personal opinion.

Call of Duty's gameplay and appeal is satisfying for the short 30 minute bursts it gives whenever I choose to boot it up. I find the commentary of others to be less helpful and more hateful for the most part. Due to the popularity of the series, this alone gives the game a motherload of butt spray than it should.

Wii Games have voice chat... is minimal at best. Sure, Animal Crossing, the Conduit and Monster Hunter Tri all used the Wii Speak, the most shoddy peripheral ever to land on the system. Then you had Black Ops which used a much stronger headset, but in which case only added to people cussing each other all day long. Hardly ever used for teamwork, probably more used to point out failed teamwork etc etc.

Wii Voice Chat is about as doomed as the Virtual Boy... minus Telero-boxer.

Echo handed me a question; I answered. That's all.

Edited by Auzzie Wingman, 10 February 2012 - 03:15 PM.

AuzzieWingman.png

#19 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

Looks like I gave you the impression that I'm on the Activision hatewagon. WHOOPS!

The Tony Hawk/Guitar Hero 'running into the ground' thing is generalisation, not my personal opinion.

Call of Duty's gameplay and appeal is satisfying for the short 30 minute bursts it gives whenever I choose to boot it up. I find the commentary of others to be less helpful and more hateful for the most part. Due to the popularity of the series, this alone gives the game a motherload of butt spray than it should.

Wii Games have voice chat... is minimal at best. Sure, Animal Crossing, the Conduit and Monster Hunter Tri all used the Wii Speak, the most shoddy peripheral ever to land on the system. Then you had Black Ops which used a much stronger headset, but in which case only added to people cussing each other all day long. Hardly ever used for teamwork, probably more used to point out failed teamwork etc etc.

Wii Voice Chat is about as doomed as the Virtual Boy... minus Telero-boxer.

Echo handed me a question; I answered. That's all.

yah i know about the question, but wii voice chat isnt doomed its alright ive seen it used before . and if you don't like my commentary then owell because its a forum people talk it happens. it seems you dont like mics?

its not the most shoddy peripheral either the zapper is a piece of plastic lol

Edited by hardcoreUfan, 10 February 2012 - 03:21 PM.

Signature_Fox.png

#20 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:25 PM

I didn't say I don't like mics. The Wii Speak was so ineffective.

The Zapper was more practical. Wii Zapper + Darkside Chronicles = Me Gusta

It's not that I don't like your commentary, you made it look like I hate Activision which is not true.

AuzzieWingman.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!