• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Vinn

Vinn

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:09 AM

I have been watching the WiiU concept vid and I think that the baseball and gold is wii sports... it looks like it (exept for whats on the new controller), tell my what you think.

#2 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:24 AM

I haven't actually seen the video yet. I think that Wii backwards compatiblity is almost certain for the Wii U. Gamecube games are a possibility, but Nintendo comsoles/handhelds tend to only be backwards compatible with only the previous console. If it isn't backwards compatible with Gamecube games I reckon they'll appear on the Virtual Console.

#3 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:32 AM

It is hard to say if gamecube is supportedby the wii u but wii games should be granted.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#4 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:42 AM

Apparently, the Wii U doesn't support the Gamecube controller. Assuming this is true, it's pretty much certain that the Wii U won't be backwards compatible with Gamecube Games.

Source: http://www.nintendow....com/news/26632

#5 rob_shadows

rob_shadows

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:47 AM

Yeah, Wii U is not bc with gamecube it's been confirmed. However, it's likely that GC games will at some point be on the Wii U's virtual console so it doesn't really matter. If anything it will be an improvement not having to use the gamecube's horrible controller.

#6 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:00 PM

All of the wii controllers and the gamecube controller will be able to be used. As for games, they might put gamecube games on virtual consoles or the store.they will have for sure, wii games.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#7 Jikayaki

Jikayaki

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:09 AM

All of the wii controllers and the gamecube controller will be able to be used. As for games, they might put gamecube games on virtual consoles or the store.they will have for sure, wii games.

GameCube controllers are out a long with GameCube backwards compatibility. The Wii U is merely backwards compatible with Wii. This mostly is because the ports for GameCube controllers and memory cards has been removed.

#8 Hamez

Hamez

Blooper

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • NNID:PrinceLuna
  • Fandom:
    007, Team Fortress 2, Zelda, Ponies

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:31 AM

I don't really mind not having the GameCube games compatible. I can probably get about $150 out of my old GameCube games, controllers, and accessories.
Posted Image

#9 Roy

Roy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ninja Bread Man. Best. Game. Ever

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:41 AM

Wii yes.

Gamecube no.

Hello, I am Roy.

Posted Image

#10 Camcam281

Camcam281

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kid icarus, Mario kart, and OoT :)

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:51 AM

And I am perfectly fine with that, because I still own a gamecube, so I am all good with only Wii games :D
Posted Image

#11 AWB

AWB

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:38 PM

Yeah, Wii U is not bc with gamecube it's been confirmed. However, it's likely that GC games will at some point be on the Wii U's virtual console so it doesn't really matter. If anything it will be an improvement not having to use the gamecube's horrible controller.

I think you are the 2% of people that actually think that. The GameCube was the best controller in terms of comfort.
  • CUD likes this
Game History: PC, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo GameBoy Advance SP, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS.
Buying Soon: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Mario Kart 3D, Animal Crossing 3D, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Super Mario 3D.

#12 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:57 PM

I think you are the 2% of people that actually think that. The GameCube was the best controller in terms of comfort.

Agreed, the Gamecube controller is great.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#13 Moop

Moop

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Fandom:
    MY LITTLE PONY:FIM!!!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:47 PM

I don't really care how backwards compatible it is... I don't play my Wii at all anymore (with the exception of Brawl) and it doesn't affect me whatsoever if I can't play it on the WiiU... (lol rant)
lol signature.

#14 MaskMidget

MaskMidget

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros., FUNimation

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:23 PM

Frankly, it doesn't bother me not having Gamecube compatibility :P
Posted Image

This signature contains one word: LOL

#15 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:39 PM

Ten Internet bucks say GameCube games will come to the Virtual Console.

#16 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:46 PM

Yeh, that's my guess. It would be strange to not have it on there tbh. There's even non-nintendo stuff on it.

#17 Hamez

Hamez

Blooper

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • NNID:PrinceLuna
  • Fandom:
    007, Team Fortress 2, Zelda, Ponies

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:46 AM

But file size is a bit of an issue. The GameCube disc capacity is 1.5 GB. You won't get a whole lot of content on an SD card, but an external hard drive will work. I have a 250GB external hard drive, but I have it hooked up to a computer. If there was some way to have the Wii U have access to my home computer network, then I can connect to it.

Plus the download times will take forever!
Posted Image

#18 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:20 AM

But file size is a bit of an issue. The GameCube disc capacity is 1.5 GB. You won't get a whole lot of content on an SD card, but an external hard drive will work. I have a 250GB external hard drive, but I have it hooked up to a computer. If there was some way to have the Wii U have access to my home computer network, then I can connect to it.

While hopefully you can play games while you download like with the xbox.

#19 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:52 PM

Plug an external hard drive in, and the file size problem is solved. My local Future Shop sells 3 TB USB HDD's for $180 apiece.

As for download times, there are ways they could be minimized and made less of a problem. For one, even though a GCN disc has a capacity of 1.4 GB, not all games actually used all of the space. So not all games will necessarily be a 1.4 GB download.

Second, if Nintendo has a download queue that allows the game to download in the background, then I see no problem with initiating the download of say, Super Mario Sunshine, and gaming away for an hour until it finishes. There are no technical restrictions to prevent this, and the Wii U could simply pop up a little notification when it's done.

#20 Oni-Link

Oni-Link

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Fandom:
    Phantasy star,Kingdom hearts,pokemon,Loz

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:44 PM

Gamecube Games in VC? i Hope this happens.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!