• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 mariofa13

mariofa13

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

I have a theory, if Nintendo releases the Wii U at the beginning of December, and have a Zelda game as a launch title, the Wii U will have equal to or greater success than the Wii.

#2 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:57 PM

I have a theory, if Nintendo releases the Wii U at the beginning of December, and have a Zelda game as a launch title, the Wii U will have equal to or greater success than the Wii.

I second that. A Zelda game this close to a release of another Zelda game, and it not being a straight up port like TP. That would be sick.

And possible if Retro has been working on it for the past two years.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#3 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:27 AM

I agree that it would make a successful launch, but isn't it too soon for a new Zelda game for the consoles?
If anything I'd rather see a new original Zelda title for the 3DS. Skyward Sword was just released last year. The gap between each game for consoles isn't that narrow.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#4 mootap

mootap

Blooper

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:23 AM

It would be good but there's no way a Zelda game will be ready at launch.They haven't even begun production yet and plus Iwata himself said that visuals will be important to this new leap for zelda and considering how many fans have been wanting to see link in hd they are not going for a basic look but it would be highly advanced looking probobly around 2014/2015 along with smash bros
Posted Image

#5 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

i would much rather have a mario launch game

Signature_Fox.png

#6 Joshua West

Joshua West

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Sonic the Hedgehog, Fire Emblem

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:05 PM

To be quite honest I think that Nintendo should hold back on Zelda so as not to run the series into the ground since 2011 had 3DS, Wii and downloadable Zelda games. I would actually prefer Metroid at launch.

#7 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:36 PM

i would much rather have a mario launch game

To be quite honest I think that Nintendo should hold back on Zelda so as not to run the series into the ground since 2011 had 3DS, Wii and downloadable Zelda games. I would actually prefer Metroid at launch.

Does it really matter what you would prefer at launch?

I feel that as long as a great 1st Party title is at launch that the system will be good as gold.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#8 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:52 PM

Does it really matter what you would prefer at launch?

I feel that as long as a great 1st Party title is at launch that the system will be good as gold.

not if its rushed . its just an opinion anyway i don't think anybody cares its just fun to think "oh that would be a good launch game"

Signature_Fox.png

#9 Kangaroo

Kangaroo

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:38 AM

I dont think wiiuinsiders.com will be as successful as Wii considering PSVita is out and there are news for PS4 and XBox 720. Though, If Zelda is out with Wii U, there would certainly be increse in sales but no way Zelda is coming out so early, specially if the wii u release date is done before 2012.

Edited by Kangaroo, 24 April 2012 - 06:49 AM.

#10 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:43 AM

Was this really worth a thread? You could've posted this idea on the numerous other "Zelda Wii U" threads.

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

What would you zeldo fans think of the Wii U Zeldo being set in the distant future?

Set 3,000 years after whatever(human?)-kind find a new star system, The Trinity System.
Posted Image
Link is is forced to leave home, and finds himself apprenticed to the master guard at Hyrule Castle. He soon becomes an important figure to Princess Zelda, leading the struggle against the tide of rebellion. As the sun is threatening to go supernova at any moment, Link—a lowly soldier of Hyrule, must battle, fly, and blast his way to find the legendary treasures, one lost on each of the three planets.
Will this old legend save the three desperate planets? Or will they fall at the implosive might of Gannon?
Only you can save The Trinity System.

Would you buy it?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:41 PM

What would you zeldo fans think of the Wii U Zeldo being set in the distant future?

Set 3,000 years after whatever(human?)-kind find a new star system, The Trinity System.
Posted Image
Link is is forced to leave home, and finds himself apprenticed to the master guard at Hyrule Castle. He soon becomes an important figure to Princess Zelda, leading the struggle against the tide of rebellion. As the sun is threatening to go supernova at any moment, Link—a lowly soldier of Hyrule, must battle, fly, and blast his way to find the legendary treasures, one lost on each of the three planets.
Will this old legend save the three desperate planets? Or will they fall at the implosive might of Gannon?

Would you buy it?

Nope. Sorry, but that sounds.... not Zelda-ish.

#13 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:45 PM

I agree that it would make a successful launch, but isn't it too soon for a new Zelda game for the consoles?
If anything I'd rather see a new original Zelda title for the 3DS. Skyward Sword was just released last year. The gap between each game for consoles isn't that narrow.

100% agreed. It's been 3 years since Spirit Tracks by the end of the year, so time for a new one. Skyward Sword just came out.
No sig.

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:07 AM

Nope. Sorry, but that sounds.... not Zelda-ish.

Oh, you want the same game over and over? :(

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:27 AM

Not the same game, no. But look at Star Fox Adventures. So many Star Fox fans hated that gaem, me included, because it wasn't a STAR Fox game. I personally didn't really like it period, but many did. It would be the same if they made a Zelda based in the future. People won't like it.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#16 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:38 AM

I know I won't like it. But if the Metroid-Starfox fusion thing might be true... Nintendo would not be able to surprise me anymore.
No sig.

#17 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:40 AM

Posted Image

Would you buy it?

No offense, but it sounds more like a bad Star Wars ripoff than a Zelda game.
Posted Image

#18 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:19 AM

Oh, you want the same game over and over? :(

Uh, no, where did you get that? I just don't see any appeal of a Zelda set in space. New IPs are created for a reason. I'd rather have a new Wind Waker surprise then a complete overhaul of the series.

#19 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:04 PM

No offense, but it sounds more like a bad Star Wars ripoff than a Zelda game.

It's luke Skywalker's wiki page tweeked. :P

Uh, no, where did you get that? I just don't see any appeal of a Zelda set in space. New IPs are created for a reason. I'd rather have a new Wind Waker surprise then a complete overhaul of the series.

Because Zeldo is all about different times, yet it's always set in the past.
Go into the future for one, shake it up a little.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#20 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

Skyward Sword took 5 years to make. Lets say Zelda HD has been in the works secretly for 2-3 years so far. That still means 2 more years to wait. There wont be a Zelda game at Launch. At best they will let you download that HD Zelda Tech Demo to watch over and over with and goof around with. Plus Wii U will launch November almost guarenteed. At best October cause AC3 is a launch title for Wii U and it comes out at the end of October.

No way Retro would be working on Zelda. Shigeru Miyamoto and Eiji Aonuma are working on that.

I second that. A Zelda game this close to a release of another Zelda game, and it not being a straight up port like TP. That would be sick.

And possible if Retro has been working on it for the past two years.

LOL. Wont be a PS4 till 2014 at best thats saying Sony doesnt disappear. And as for the 720...well next year is when it will come out. But besides Halo 5 and 6 there is no reason to get the next xbox.

I dont think wiiuinsiders.com will be as successful as Wii considering PSVita is out and there are news for PS4 and XBox 720. Though, If Zelda is out with Wii U, there would certainly be increse in sales but no way Zelda is coming out so early, specially if the wii u release date is done before 2012.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!