#1 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

As far as the circle pad pro goes, i have no problem with that. Accessories rarely have such a huge effect (nunchuk and classic controller were sorta alternate primary controlers) on a system. BUT! Many people want Nintendo (including a well known reviewer Victor Lucas whom said these prospects on television) to add a second circle pad on the 3ds. I have a problem with that. I hope Nintendo doesn't crumble to the pressure, they left out the second one for a reason and likely a good one.If they added one to the edge of the 3ds (under the face buttons) they'd have to move the power button, and make the 3ds drastically thicker because the computing components are in that area. I dont want my 3ds thicker because its a portable system that i want to slide into my pocket (which i can do right now) and carry anywhere anytime. Most of Nintendo's Japanese audience does a similar thing as videogames out in public is less unusual in the country of future technology (yes, there is a lot of more advanced tech in Japan... it's true). The point is if they wanted to add a circle pad they'd have to change the shape of the 3ds or take away from something else (e.g.: battery size). Even if they managed to shift some stuff around and keep the size you have a problem, the only position left for a circle pad is not suitable for analog control. I find with the D-pad where it is (essentially mirror of hypothetical second pad) works because, although as i move my thumb to the outside of the 3ds (left) it gets harder to angle my thumb on the buttons; it does not comfortably reach. BUT this is a digital-pad, on /off control, once my thumb gets a little bit to the left i have activated LEFT. But with an analog i would need to be able to reach to the edge of the 3ds comfortably to be able to push all the way. The result would be a thumb pain and slow right turning camera controls. Sorry for the rambling but im trying to convince you that it simply won't work because the stick is too low and close to the edge. This is why the accessory positioned the stick off to the side (because they could've easily engineered a pad that is under the face buttons and flip away for closing the 3ds). Did my arguement get through? did any of this make any sense? DID IT!!?? I'm sure people with small hands might find it fine... but not most people.

In conclusion: NO... second circle pad bad!
Would have to make the 3ds a bold size
If second pad was under the face buttons it would hurt.. reaching to the edge, and therefore using the full analog stick, is difficult for my slightly smaller that average hands
SO..... if nintendo decides to make another 3ds model that adds a second pad making the 3ds worse (in one of the ways i said)... we will torch the Nintendo headquarters..

Is there anyway that adding a second circle pad without taking away from the 3ds? Would this even be wanted (is shovelware immenent with it?).
Do the forumz stuff.
Posted Image

#2 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

Eh, I doubt there will be a re-design for a while, and I KNOW Nintendo would never add a 2nd Circle Pad, because it would alienate those who bought the 3DS without one.

If the did, I will hold a rally on their headquarters and force them to either give Free Circle Pad Pro, or a New 3DS to all costumers who bought a 3DS.

Edited by Terrabyte20xx, 10 February 2012 - 07:53 PM.

Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#3 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

i personally think the 3ds needs to be thicker but my hands r big so idk lol the 3ds gets uncomfortable sometimes because its so square when you have to use the shoulder buttons

Signature_Fox.png

#4 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

i personally think the 3ds needs to be thicker but my hands r big so idk lol the 3ds gets uncomfortable sometimes because its so square when you have to use the shoulder buttons

You sir, have forgotten what the old DS' used to feel like.

No seriously, I tried to boot up my old DS Lite to see if it still worked after months of using a 3DS, and OMG IT HURTZ THE HANDS!

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#5 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:13 AM

-

Edited by BassDropper, 05 September 2013 - 01:16 AM.

#6 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:22 AM

No seriously, I tried to boot up my old DS Lite to see if it still worked after months of using a 3DS, and OMG IT HURTZ THE HANDS!

I agree. It's phat, heavy and is an eyesore. I wonder why Nintendo would go with that design? What inspired their design for this?
It doesn't make any sense; much like a pineapple and a giraffe! :huh:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#7 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:26 AM

It worked before I started using a 3DS.

I was just trying to say that the 3DS is rather comfortable for what it is... a rectangle.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#8 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:15 AM

The 3DS needs:

• A second circle pad
  • A decent name that doesn't turn half of the potential buyers off
  • Good online that doesn't treat everyone like 5 year old kids

Ah, it's good to see you hating on Nintendo once again. How's your precious Vita doing in Japan compared to where the 3DS was? Oh yeah, it's flopp[ing like a fish out of water.

As for your comments
  • Doesn't need a second CP. Resident Evil works just fine with Gyro or one stick. 2 Sticks would help, but it would alienate users of the 3DS without one.
  • The name doesn't turn people off. Seriously, while the name sounds dumb by itself, show them the 3D and they actually like it. Had that happen with my classmates.
  • Have you tried MK7's online? It's surprisingly good for Nintendo's thing. It doesn't treat anyone like a 5 year old. Hell, with communities and getting onto races, I had a bet with a friend. Who can get into a match first? Him on halo or me on MK7. Guess who won? Yeah, MK7 won by about a minute.
I was beginning to wonder when you were going to troll again. Good to see you haven't given up on it.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#9 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:44 AM

You sir, have forgotten what the old DS' used to feel like.

no i felt the same way about the original too

Signature_Fox.png

#10 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

Eh, I doubt there will be a re-design for a while, and I KNOW Nintendo would never add a 2nd Circle Pad, because it would alienate those who bought the 3DS without one.

If the did, I will hold a rally on their headquarters and force them to either give Free Circle Pad Pro, or a New 3DS to all costumers who bought a 3DS.

What about Wii Motion Plus? Honestly, Nintendo can and would add a second slide pad to the redesign if they wanted to.

I can also see tiered Wii U controllers in the future.

#11 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:44 PM

What about Wii Motion Plus? Honestly, Nintendo can and would add a second slide pad to the redesign if they wanted to.

I can also see tiered Wii U controllers in the future.

Wait just a minute here. Why are you comparing it to Motion Plus? If you want to compare it to a Wii accessory, Compare it to the Classic Controller Pro. Think about it. So far, there are NO games that require the Circle Pad Pro to play them. It's being used to provide an alternate control scheme for games that could benefit from it. This is exactly how the CCP is used on the Wii. With Motion Plus on the other hand, most if not all games that use it require it. Has there been a Wii Remote redesign that includes a built in CCP? I haven't seen one. Unless games start to come out that require the use of the CPP, I do not see a redesign to include a second stick in the system's future.
Posted Image

#12 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:35 PM

Wait just a minute here. Why are you comparing it to Motion Plus? If you want to compare it to a Wii accessory, Compare it to the Classic Controller Pro. Think about it. So far, there are NO games that require the Circle Pad Pro to play them. It's being used to provide an alternate control scheme for games that could benefit from it. This is exactly how the CCP is used on the Wii. With Motion Plus on the other hand, most if not all games that use it require it. Has there been a Wii Remote redesign that includes a built in CCP? I haven't seen one. Unless games start to come out that require the use of the CPP, I do not see a redesign to include a second stick in the system's future.

Actually, there is a Wiimote with built in motion plus. The Zelda remote that came with SS Collector's Edition uses it for one, and I'm pretty sure you can get standard ones too.

Personally I'll be very dissapointed if Nintendo doesn't add a second slide pad. It's not as if it means that it HAS to be used to play the game if you incorporate it, the touch screen can probably act as a substitute for those who don't own a revised 3DS or a Circle Pad. I don't see why 3DS games should suffer just because Nintendo underestimated the importance of a second slide pad when designing the console. Besides, over time the 3DS revision would take priority over the standard 3DS. How many people these days do you see with an original fat DS, for instance? I know people might feel cheated if they are pressured into either buying a new model or a Circle Pad, but as long as devs incorporate a substitute for slide pad control into their games then it shouldn't really be a problem.

Posted Image

#13 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

Actually, there is a Wiimote with built in motion plus. The Zelda remote that came with SS Collector's Edition uses it for one, and I'm pretty sure you can get standard ones too.

He was talking about the Classic Controller Pro.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#14 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

-

Edited by BassDropper, 05 September 2013 - 02:08 AM.

#15 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

Where exactly was I hating on Nintendo? That was in no way intended to be a troll post, I often say things that differ from the blind fanboy love many people here possess - that's because I have different opinions a lot of the time, I wouldn't be here if I wasn't a fan of Nintendo. By the way I don't care about the Vita's sales or any other system's sales. I care about the quality of the system, and having owned a 3DS (I had a bunch of people from this site on my friends list, so that's proof) I can honestly say that the Vita looks more promising - that's my opinion.

While I do agree that the accusing you of hating on Nintendo was wrongful...you gotta admit that your logic was faulty there.

Resident Evil: Revelations works just fine without a second slide pad, and I'm sure MGS3D will be the same way. However, I am for the creation of the Circle Pad Pro, but not a system that integrates the CPP for at least another 2-3 years.

The name turns people off? Seriously, that's the best you can come up with? Not one person I've seen in real life or online has said they're not getting a 3DS just because of the name. o_o

I honestly don't know what you meant by your "online that doesn't treat everyone like five-year-olds".

Also, I don't appreciate you attacking most of this forum calling them blind fanboys. Just because they disagree with you doesn't make them fanboys, and most people here have more logic about things than most adults I know.

Edited by GameCollector, 11 February 2012 - 04:28 PM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#16 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

I honestly don't know what you meant by your "online that doesn't treat everyone like five-year-olds".

I think he meant how the friend codes work on the system.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#17 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

I think he meant how the friend codes work on the system.

Eh, point taken in that case. I personally didn't have much of a problem with it, but it does help with annoying friend request spam from random people.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#18 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

I thought you were hating by Saying 3DS NEEDS These. I'm sorry, it's just that as GC said, some of your logic didn't line up.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#19 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

While I do agree that the accusing you of hating on Nintendo was wrongful...you gotta admit that your logic was faulty there.

Resident Evil: Revelations works just fine without a second slide pad, and I'm sure MGS3D will be the same way. However, I am for the creation of the Circle Pad Pro, but not a system that integrates the CPP for at least another 2-3 years.

The name turns people off? Seriously, that's the best you can come up with? Not one person I've seen in real life or online has said they're not getting a 3DS just because of the name. o_o

Also, I don't appreciate you attacking most of this forum calling them blind fanboys. Just because they disagree with you doesn't make them fanboys, and most people here have more logic about things than most adults I know.

I don't think it's a valid argument to say that because a few games work well with one circle pad, they wouldn't work better with two. And I believe that a lot of people didn't get the 3DS because they either thought it was "another DS" or thought it was a lot more like a DS than it actually is because of the misinformation kick started by the confusing name, but I guess no one knows definitively. I think that everyone is somewhere along the "fanboy scale" and that most people here are closer to being fanboys than to be impartial, in that they'd much prefer to ignore or pretend that their company's flaws and mistakes don't exist than to talk about them and how the problems could be fixed. I do think that most of the people that come here regularly are better at being impartial, but I still think that a large proportion of users here are fanboys - that's practically unovoidable on any gaming forum that focuses on one main company.

#20 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:41 PM

I agree. It's phat, heavy and is an eyesore. I wonder why Nintendo would go with that design? What inspired their design for this?
It doesn't make any sense; much like a pineapple and a giraffe! :huh:

Posted Image

Posted Image
That's not even a ds lite. That's a DS.

This is one.

Posted Image

Edited by Sportsgamer, 11 February 2012 - 05:43 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3ds, second, stick, vita, dual, analog, circle pad pro, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!