26 replies to this topic

#1 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:42 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 13 July 2014 - 08:37 PM.

#2 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

I wouldn't have a clue. I'm not American. :D

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#3 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:24 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 14 July 2014 - 12:57 AM.

#4 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:40 PM

I'm interested though because from what we see in the news it seems like America is full of mega-conservative fundamentalist Christians D:(

Well, it probably makes it seem bigger, but it is still a large part of America's population. Christianity is the main religion and most people are conservative, so...
I have met tons of people who match the description and would say they are the most active of Americans because they are so damn annoying and easy to piss off. Atheists are called evil by the news and Muslims=terrorists here.

#5 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:10 PM

This is a really difficult topic to reply to. So many things come to my mind wanting to defend Christians from what people perceive of them and complaining about the way so many people claiming to be Christians act.

I'm too tired to come up with more of a post, maybe I will edit this tomorrow.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#6 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 14 July 2014 - 12:57 AM.

#7 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

lol NinjaShock, of all the people to make this topic.

I'm what you would call a "Non-practicing Christian". I'm Christian on paper... and that's as far as it goes.

But you know, what ever floats your boat. I do get annoyed when religious followers irritate those who don't practice a religion. It's rude and uncalled for.

I've got nothing against Muslims, one of my best friends is Muslim. The Burqa, alright that has it's cons. If I was forced to vote that it stays or goes, I'd vote it goes. It probably sucks to be Muslim in a country that's mostly Christian at the moment. I think in World War II the Germans and the Japanese were looked at all funny, but hey look now, I've got a best friend for each of those two.

Anywho, I wouldn't know crap about Americans and Christianity fundamentals or whatever it is we were talking about.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#8 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:55 AM

I'd say they are getting less Christian. I'm a Christian myself, but I'm not one of the nut jobs that claims that every other religon is evil. I let you see your things your way and I see mine in religion, but that we can work together for the betterment of society. As for the Right-Wing Nutjobs, the reason why they make the news is that they are nutjobs. Media loves making fun of nutjobs.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#9 Nintendoes

Nintendoes

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

I'm Muslim. We worship the same god as Jewish people and Christian people do. By extension we don't have the same beliefs but the beliefs are ,in fact, very similar. The media says they are so from Christian say that they worship different Gods and are an evil religion but it only because the government is corrupt.

#10 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:16 PM

I'm Muslim. We worship the same god as Jewish people and Christian people do. By extension we don't have the same beliefs but the beliefs are ,in fact, very similar. The media says they are so from Christian say that they worship different Gods and are an evil religion but it only because the government is corrupt.

Yeah, I never understood why some people demonize a religion that has so much in common with what they themselves practice.

#11 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

I'm so confused.

Here the money says "In God We Trust"

But on the backside of a dollar bill it has a triangle, which people think it represents illuminati

#12 Zok

Zok

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:36 AM

Probably less. The US has become more tolerant of all religions/nonreligions.

#13 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:07 PM

Probably less. The US has become more tolerant of all religions/nonreligions.

No if anything it is getting worse here to my opinion. I may not have a religion but even I am discriminated just because I am not a Christian. But Muslims are the most hated here and I think it is just getting worse.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#14 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

Fundamentalist Christian?

I personally haven't noticed. The United States is a very diverse nation. Where I live is certainly not like... I dunno, somewhere in West Virginia or some other state towards the east coast. It's difficult to make these sorts of judgments because I have no concrete numbers to work with. I mean, I could possible make that decision, but it would be based on my state. Realistically speaking, there's no way I'd determine this sort of thing based on my very limited knowledge of the religious state of the country. Basing one's opinion on what you've seen off of Fox News Channel is entirely inaccurate. Heck, I'd go so far as to say that basing your opinion off any news channel will lead to inaccuracy due to bias - Some more so than other.

We could look at some census and say "probably" or "maybe not," but I still think this is a country biased against certain religions, and because of that our data is biased. And exactly what do you mean by fundamentalist Christian? Are there particular Christian values suggesting that America is moving towards some religious direction? The question is completely ambiguous, and judging from the responses, the subject appears to be about religious dominance and the state of Islam.

#15 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

@Lain I know right? Especially FOX they say the most lies and make the most mistakes.

#16 HaHa-No

HaHa-No

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lucky Star, Animal Crossing, Darkwave.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:30 PM

I don't live in America, but don't they say the numbers of people who are Christians are reducing every year?

http://www.20b.org/

^Click it

^I agree with this guy

You know you want to! 'Tis leaked Nintendo information!

#17 Klopp

Klopp

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Fandom:
    My Little Pony :D */)(\*

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:08 AM

I was going to say something, but I was afraid somepony would be offended, so i'll just keep my mouth shut on that one :D

I'll just say, no I believe Fundamentalists Christians are slowely dissapearing. One thing I've noticed is a rise in Athiests lately, which bothers me none, cause I am one myself ;)

#18 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

Neither am I, I'm Australian :3 I'm interested though because from what we see in the news it seems like America is full of mega-conservative fundamentalist Christians D:(

What's wrong with being a conservative christian?

#19 Starrgrl24

Starrgrl24

Blooper

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Kirby and myself

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

I wouldn't say there is more or less fundamentalist Christians. It's just that when something like "gay rights" or "women's right" (birth control pill controversy) comes up, there is always that one extremist and religions guy who will speak up and start a movement. Then there will always be one extremest who will be defending the rights. It's really just about which group has the loudest voice. -_-

#20 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 14 July 2014 - 01:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!