#1 Biohazard

Biohazard

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Gears of War, Killzone

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:49 AM

Three members of the infamous Anonymous "hacktivist" group have been arrested in Spain on charges of being involved in the recent devastating attack on the PlayStation Network, as well as for other unrelated cyber-attacks.

As Reuters reports, three unnamed suspects were arrested in three separate Spanish cities. All were described as being in their 30s. According to the report, Spanish police claim those arrested "were guilty of coordinated computer hacking attacks from a server set up in a house in Gijon in the north of Spain."

There's little else in the way of concrete details currently available, but we will update this story as further information develops.

IGN

In light of what happened with PSN, I hope Nintendo will step up on security and protect the users' personal information for their new online plans.

#2 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:01 AM

i find it sad is that people with the skills to hack computers are doing it for malicious purposes. my uncle told me some things
hackers did that wouldn't lead to malicious events.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#3 Guest

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Okami, Metroid, Mega Man X

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:26 AM

Before you guys start ranting about cruel hackers, let me say that the word "hacker" is commonly misused. "Real" hackers usually don't brick other people's PCs and don't steal data from servers. Please remember to use the word "cracker" in a case like the PSN one - that's the name "good" hackers use for "bad" ones. If you see someone sp34k1n9 l33tsp34k or talking about h4xing n00bx0rz, it's a h4x0r brainless cracker.

Posted Image

#4 Pro Pizza! >:D

Pro Pizza! >:D

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:08 PM

Don't worry. Nintendo cares more about their consumers then Nintendo. They put consumers safety as a top priority.
I'm Nub Cakes! :D and I approve this signature... Kinda! :D
R.I.P. Nub Cakes! :D
5/31/11- 12/6/11

#5 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:26 PM

Before you guys start ranting about cruel hackers, let me say that the word "hacker" is commonly misused. "Real" hackers usually don't brick other people's PCs and don't steal data from servers. Please remember to use the word "cracker" in a case like the PSN one - that's the name "good" hackers use for "bad" ones. If you see someone sp34k1n9 l33tsp34k or talking about h4xing n00bx0rz, it's a h4x0r brainless cracker.

This is what i was trying to say in my previous post, i hate the media doesn't use the proper terms for this situation.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#6 Biohazard

Biohazard

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Gears of War, Killzone

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:56 PM

These hacks on gaming sites are becoming an epidemic because Epic Games and Codemasters sites have been breached. I have a terrible feeling this may lead to the death of net neutrality.

#7 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:10 PM

I see you read those too, the crackers must be provoked some how, Nintendo, sony , microsoft and other game companies need to hire some hackers that can find holes in the security before the crackers mess everything up.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F

#8 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:47 AM

I see you read those too, the crackers must be provoked some how, Nintendo, sony , microsoft and other game companies need to hire some hackers that can find holes in the security before the crackers mess everything up.

That's a good idea, but if you close the window, the crackers will just break it. They can't find every single bug or breach in their system, eventually, the crackers will find something and that sucks. :P

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#9 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:32 AM

That's a good idea, but if you close the window, the crackers will just break it. They can't find every single bug or breach in their system, eventually, the crackers will find something and that sucks. :P

You are right my friend, but the best thing is to make it harder for the crackers to do it. that is the best anybody could do.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F

#10 dannyboy

dannyboy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Fandom:
    all nintendo characters

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:33 AM

brilliant if they are defenitely the guilty ones but if they aren't then it's not so lets just hope they are guilty
http://amazing-nintendo.blogspot.com/
my new blog all about Nintendo so go and have a look though its not just as good as here but go for a look and sign up to the forum if you want

#11 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:49 AM

I'm glad that these hackers crackers have been caught. These people are criminals and deserve to be punished.

#12 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:23 AM

Don't worry. Nintendo cares more about their consumers then Nintendo. They put consumers safety as a top priority.

Nintendo care more about their consumers than themselves? :D

I'm just gonna throw this in here: Nintendo is more or less avoiding anything of the scale of the PSN intrusion from ever happening by simply refusing to collect user credit cards to begin with. They require you to re-enter your details every time you buy something - and in doing so, they will never have to worry about someone compromising their systems because there's nothing beyond usernames and gameplay logs to steal.

#13 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:35 AM

Nintendo care more about their consumers than themselves? :P

I'm just gonna throw this in here: Nintendo is more or less avoiding anything of the scale of the PSN intrusion from ever happening by simply refusing to collect user credit cards to begin with. They require you to re-enter your details every time you buy something - and in doing so, they will never have to worry about someone compromising their systems because there's nothing beyond usernames and gameplay logs to steal.

So they don't remember Debit Card details after you add to your eShop funds? Phew, I was worried that they might when I did that last week, especially after I'd heard that Nintendo had been hacked.

#14 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:56 AM

So they don't remember Debit Card details after you add to your eShop funds? Phew, I was worried that they might when I did that last week, especially after I'd heard that Nintendo had been hacked.

Nope. Read their privacy policy and all the agreements and whatnot, and you'll see that they only use the details to complete the transaction, and never actually store it.

You've also got to understand what exactly got hacked at Nintendo - it was simply one of Nintendo of America's web servers (one that hosts the Nintendo website and all of its subsites, like game sites and such). The web servers are entirely separate from the eShop servers; and because they store little more than web pages, images, and videos, there is no need to apply advanced security measures to them.

The servers that process the actual payments belong to a third-party credit card processing company. Not sure which one, but it's definitely not handled by Nintendo themselves. They're a gaming company after all, not a bank.

#15 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:03 AM

This is good. Sony is having a hard time with hackers it seems, but at least they made things right and I'm sure the hackers will be served "justice"

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#16 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:11 AM

Looks like Anonymous have hit back at the Spanish police.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-13749181

#17 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:19 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-13749181

Wow...

Anonymous; The only army stronger than a religious one.

Seriously, though... You can't deny that they will rule the world one day. (Or that it could be much worse than it is now :/)
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#18 SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Fandom:
    NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, Wii, 3DS, Wii U

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:18 PM

How can they care more about their customers than theirselves....?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13749181

Sorry for double post, but wow... >.>
And did anyone watched Anon's latest Youtube vid?
at the end it says 'Sony were first, and you'll be next' while playing the Mario theme...
No signature here....

#19 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:03 PM

Sorry for double post, but wow... >.>
And did anyone watched Anon's latest Youtube vid?
at the end it says 'Sony were first, and you'll be next' while playing the Mario theme...

That can only be bad news.

Also, if you need to add something to your post, you should use the edit button.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#20 Deboog

Deboog

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:57 AM

Meh. Makes me sad. I thought it was awesome that the PSN went down because it was the first time that people stood up for someone who was arrested for jailbreaking. Sony deserved it.

And before you flame me, Anonymous did NOT take the PSN down. They simple hacked SONY, and in response SONY took the PSN down.

Edited by Deboog, 14 June 2011 - 10:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!