Photo

Rumour: NextBox will have a tablet controller?

Xbox 720 NextBox Tablet

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:35 AM

Check out this rumour about the NextBox. Apparently it will feature a HD touchscreen and "sources say that Microsoft’s tablet has “a shape closer to Sony’s sleek Vita handheld / Apple’s iPad than Wii U’s bulky unit”. This quote seemed a bit biased to me; or the author is clueless about the Wii U.
This is from the Xbox World magazine so...

What do you guys think about this? Bullocks or true?

http://gamingeveryth...-touch-enabled/

Posted Image

Edited by Joshua, 11 February 2012 - 07:55 PM.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#2 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:17 AM

The fact that they said the Wii U controller's Bulky means they don't know what they're talking about anyway, and why would it be as "slim" as a Vita or iPad? Does that mean they're ditching extra Trigger buttons?

Edited by Stulaw90, 10 February 2012 - 04:11 AM.

#3 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:01 AM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 14 July 2014 - 12:49 AM.

#4 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:13 AM

Yeah, I think the form factor is BS, I wouldn't be surprised if the controller turned out tablet like with a Windows 8 like interface, but these are just rumours that are trying to be spread as fact.

#5 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:51 AM

And now watch as all the 360 drones who called the Wii U "gimmicky and awkward" suddenly rush to defend Microsoft's new, original and innovative idea...

You know it would happen if this turned out to be true. -_-

Posted Image

#6 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:20 AM

And now watch as all the 360 drones who called the Wii U "gimmicky and awkward" suddenly rush to defend Microsoft's new, original and innovative idea...

You know it would happen if this turned out to be true. -_-

Yes. Yes we do.

I will say that it wouldn't surprise me if they had a tablet controller, but the statement about the tablet is...well, stupid. It's closer to the Vita/Apple iPad, but slimmer than the 'bulky' ~coughBScough~ Wii U Tablet...the Wii U Tablet isn't much bigger, if at all than the iPad tablet, isn't it? o-o And if you get much slimmer than the Wii U Tablet...you're getting rid of the shoulder buttons...and if they wanted it to have as many features as the Wii U Tablet, but STILL be smaller than it...prepare for a $100-150 tablet.

Edited by GameCollector, 10 February 2012 - 08:21 AM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#7 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:44 AM

Sadly, I believe that the tablet controller is real, but there is clear bias in this report.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#8 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:09 PM

I think that they probably will put in that stupid tablet in the controller as an excuse for innovation because take a look at what Sony is doing! So this will only make sense that Microsoft has to jump in on the tablet controller train.

And yes this is very biased. The Wii U's controller is very small and just big enough to get in those two shoulder buttons while keeping it comfortable to hold. However if Microsoft is making it smaller according to a drone's standard this is doing two things: "Innovating" and "Improving".

Lol I love how everyone rushes to troll on the Wii U but when people try to troll on things like this they just go "Sheesh! The thing isn't out yet!"

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#9 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:15 PM

the author of that article is definately biased and stupid , and obviously knows nothing about the wii u in terms of the controller and is trying to market a peice of tech not even on the market or even announced yet. if this rumor is true i really wouldn/t care because microsoft is last in the gaming scene in my opinion . xbl is overpriced, almost no exclusives worth buying the console for, and the fact that it's just a sad excuse for pc gaming in my eyes.

but anyway , yah good for them, they copied like usual , the xbox is a copy of the playstation consoles for the most part anyway

Signature_Fox.png

#10 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:58 PM

Shocker.

-_-
Posted Image

#11 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:02 PM

Eh, I'm not going to get up in arms. Many different companies develop very similar products all the time without knowledge of what the other is up too. However,if Microsoft acts like this is a totally new idea and that they are the first to showcase it, then I'll get annoyed.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#12 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:09 AM

Eh, I'm not going to get up in arms. Many different companies develop very similar products all the time without knowledge of what the other is up too. However,if Microsoft acts like this is a totally new idea and that they are the first to showcase it, then I'll get annoyed.

Microsoft did say that Nintendo stole the idea of Mii's from them even though it was the other way around, if Microsoft says Nintendo stole the idea of the Wii U controller from them then I will lose all respect for Microsoft.

Nintendo clearly got the idea from the Dreamcast and then expended much more with the touchscreen, playing games on the controller, camera, etc.

#13 Nintendoes

Nintendoes

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:06 AM

Microsoft did say that Nintendo stole the idea of Mii's from them even though it was the other way around, if Microsoft says Nintendo stole the idea of the Wii U controller from them then I will lose all respect for Microsoft.

Nintendo clearly got the idea from the Dreamcast and then expended much more with the touchscreen, playing games on the controller, camera, etc.

This is actually exactly what happened. Nintendo even said the screen was going to be a VMU like the Dreamcast until they changed it to a screen.

Edited by Nintendoes, 12 February 2012 - 10:06 AM.

#14 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:02 AM

This is actually exactly what happened. Nintendo even said the screen was going to be a VMU like the Dreamcast until they changed it to a screen.

They said that?, do you have a link to that statement?.

#15 Nintendoes

Nintendoes

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:42 AM

http://en.wikipedia....ii_U_controller

This is the link these are the key words:

Within the company, there was much debate over the idea for the new console, and the project was scrapped and restarted several times. The concept of a touchscreen embedded within the controller was originally inspired by the blue light on the Wii that illuminates to indicate new messages. Miyamoto and his team wanted to include a small screen to provide game feedback and status messages to players (in similar vein to the VMU for Sega'sDreamcast). Much later in development, this was expanded to a full screen that could display the game being played in its entirety; a concept which was suggested but not financially viable earlier in the project.

#16 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

I know this information almost 4-5 months.. its not news!

thats why there is allready some cartoons out!! hahaha
Posted Image

#17 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

http://en.wikipedia....ii_U_controller

This is the link these are the key words:

Within the company, there was much debate over the idea for the new console, and the project was scrapped and restarted several times. The concept of a touchscreen embedded within the controller was originally inspired by the blue light on the Wii that illuminates to indicate new messages. Miyamoto and his team wanted to include a small screen to provide game feedback and status messages to players (in similar vein to the VMU for Sega'sDreamcast). Much later in development, this was expanded to a full screen that could display the game being played in its entirety; a concept which was suggested but not financially viable earlier in the project.

That part is completely without any source what so ever.

#18 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

I was watching a guy on Youtube about it, and he gave a logical explenation for why, if this is true, Microsoft did this.

Microsoft doesn't have any huge 1st Parties, so when they went to Devs. it's possible that they were saying that the Wii U's touch screen really does innovate. So Microsoft ate their pride and put a touch screen on their controller.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#19 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

Most Likely

Innavation

Posted Image

#20 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

No I ve seen it somewhere.. It has a pencil too and its more squared… And its granite color. Well the one i ve seen months ago, it was like a graphics tablet with a pencil...

Edited by Orion, 14 February 2012 - 04:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!