• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 NintendoWiiU3DS

NintendoWiiU3DS

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:56 PM

I am extremely interested in the Wii U and what direction Nintendo is turning with it. With the recent confirmation of the Nintendo Network being released, I have made up my mind about what should and shouldn't be on the Wii U.

Nintendo needs to have a better online system:
Nintendo's major drawback these days is that they do not have the full online capabilities that other gaming consoles do, although we do see a marked improvement with this in the resent 3DS hit Mario Kart 7. However this is still missing some of the key features I would like to see in a 'Next Generation Console', such as a friends list with no friend codes. I can see Nintendo's position with this, seeing as, and lets admit it, most of Nintendo's fans are children, and they are trying to be a family friendly company. However, this gets extremely annoying for some of us, because sometimes I would like to meet someone in an online game, and be able to add them then and there, so in the future I can game with that person.
Another drawback with the online system is the lack of communication you have with other gamers, although there are some pretty annoying people on Xbox live, and some that are just plain creepy, I like to communicate with my fellow teammates and even brag to the competition every once in awhile, because it adds to the fun of the game to do so. Momentarily switching to the 3DS in games like Resident Evil Revelations, you can join online survival mode type games and game together, I think that a way of communicating with your allies would be greatly appreciated by everyone. Not to mention that the 3DS already has a built in microphone, and speakers eliminating the need for a headset. I think the Wii U and 3DS should both have this capability, because without it many 'HardCore' gamers won't be as interested in the Wii U.

Full game Downloads: I like the idea, although I have yet to use it on my Xbox, that you can download full games to your hard drive, and avoid going to the store and purchasing the game, and prevent the risk of damaging your precious game discs. Nintendo has said this will be available on the 3DS (I need to go buy a larger memory card lol), but it should be available on the Wii U as well, which I am sure will happen if it is available on the 3DS. One drawback of this that is easily fixed however is memory space, the Wii U NEEDS a large internal storage, unlike its predessesor, which possibly had 1 gig? The perfect median for me would be about 100 Gigabites of internal storage, because I want to have games on my hard drive, its just more efficient for me, and I am not going to fill up the full 250 Gigs my Xbox has, although a 250 gig option would be perfect. Sad to say, I doubt this will happen, because Nintendo likes to keep their systems affordable, which is great, but sometimes really sucks. One thing I would like to see is Sony, has stated that if you buy certain games on the PS3 you can download them to your Vita free of charge, which is SWEET. For people that own a PS3 and Vita anyway. I would love to see this on the Wii U and 3DS, or even just a reduced price of the game if you buy it on the other console.

'Crossplay' interaction between your 3DS and Wii U:
With Sony's recent release of its new pride and joy, the PSVita, there is an interesting capability for it to interact with your PS3 console. This 'Dynamic Duo' of consoles has a ton of potential, my favorite is that you can start a game on your PS3 at home, and pick it up wherever else you may go, granted you pay the extra 15 some-odd dollars for the 3G dataplan. Now I think we all know that 3G most likely won't be available on your 3DS, but Nintendo could certainly find some creative and intuitive way of doing this. Another feature, which we have been teased with in the details of the upcoming Super Smash brothers game is the idea that your 3DS can directly interact with your Wii U for multiplayer and whatever other reason. I think it would be great to have one person with a WiiMote, or Classic controller playing on your T.V. screen while another is playing on the Wii U controller, While two are using their 3DS's, although don't quote me on that capability, now I am not certain this will happen, but it would make a great feature. We have scene similar features that Nintendo has used in the past, such as the Zelda Four Swords game that used the gamecube, as well as linked up gameboy advance systems to make a better experiance, however I can't think of many other uses for this capability on the console, and It would need to be used frequently not only by Nintendo but by Third Parties as well.

Appstore:
The Wii U appstore will be great, hopefully. I would love to see Angry birds come to the Wii U and 3DS, among other titles of course, because sometimes I don't want to sit down and play a full fledged game, I want the simplicity of slinging little red birds at pigs. One thing on the appstore I wouldn't care for is the E-reader capability, I just don't think it will be all that great to have another way to read, although others may disagree. One thing i would like to see is the ability to buy the official game guide digitally on to your Wii U controller, and have it in the background of your favorite game, simply touch a few buttons and you game guide magically appears in front of your eyes. It may also prove to be a quick and easy way of distributing those Nintendo Power magazines.

Well I have written tons more than I thought, and I am not complete, so post any of your idea's bellow, and I will continue adding as I see fit.

#2 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

The awesome thing is, those four points you addressed have been either confirmed or are heavily rumoured.

Edited by Joshua, 18 February 2012 - 10:55 PM.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#3 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

I think all it needs is some serious advertising. Like how the Xbox 360/PS3 was advertised.
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#4 hooky

hooky

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

Pretty sure storage will be just an SSD (16GB?) but you can use any external HDD.

#5 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

Yea this is cool.

#6 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:08 PM

I have to agree with Joshua here. Those things are basically all part of the Wii U already.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#7 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

two things i believe and what most people tend to not want to mention. at launch they must show two things. 1: this is the first console of the new generation. i remember when 360 launched they got a lot of buyers because you could see the jump from one generation to another. people want to see that. if the wii u launched with games that barely outdo what the ps3 can do(not saying it will) people will be reluctant to jump ship. 2: compelling launch games. simply put they need exclusives. they need companies to say hey this is a new console that can do thing ps3 and 360 cant. we are going to give it exclusive third party content. if they fail at those two thing i promise you it will be a failure and have a hard time catching on with consumers.

#8 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:05 PM

Wii U's online already surpasses that of the 360 and PS3. Developers have said it is like PSN/XBL/Steam all together and it will be free. Nintendo admitted that Online is something they never have had sucess with. Well DS's online was good...With the webcam and mic in the controller you will be able to party chat or whatever with your friends. Nintendo brought in EA to make the online for them for the Wii U so its all good.

Anyway Wii U will be fine.

As for cross play we already know the new SSB on the 3DS will work in some way with the Wii U version. We already know that we will be able to buy games on the Nintendo Network. As for that discount thing.....doubt it.

Edited by Nin_Stream, 18 February 2012 - 09:08 PM.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#9 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:08 PM

Wii U's online already surpasses that of the 360 and PS3. Developers have said it is like PSN/XBL/Steam all together and it will be free. Nintendo admitted that Online is something they never have had sucess with. Well DS's online was good...With the webcam and mic in the controller you will be able to party chat or whatever with your friends. Nintendo brought in EA to make the online for them for the Wii U so its all good.

Anyway Wii U will be fine.

you have a link for that? im not a big online player... the most i would do from online is dowload gamecube games on nintendo network. i hate multiplayer and how they hype it so much.

#10 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

NintendoWiiU 3DS = the next ponkotsu
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#11 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:56 PM

We also need an amazing library of games. The only games that are looking good for me is Ghost Recon Online Wii U and Super Smash Bros. Wii U. I don't need any gameplay to know that the next Smash Bros. will be amazing.

#12 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

If you'd be so kind as to specify who exactly said this? Sounds like juicy information.

Haha!

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#13 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:07 PM

Perhaps. But I'm sure Ponkotsu would've had a post that ended roughly where this one ends.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#14 Nin10dude712

Nin10dude712

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Kirby

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:33 AM

On the Wii in some online games (Call of Duty Black Ops) you can use the Headbanger headset and speak with everyone playing and add them to your list so I'd imagine at least the 3rd party games will allow this. Not sure about Nintendo's games though. I think their own games will still have the restriction.
Posted Image

Body = Ready for Wii U!

#15 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:38 AM

I would think that this all would be in the Wii U and I wouldnt worry about the online features either. This is because the 3DS is already having one of the better online experiences I had with MK7. Also EA is supposedly helping Nintendo with the online too so the more help Nintendo gets the better and so far they have plenty of it.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#16 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:51 AM

two things i believe and what most people tend to not want to mention. at launch they must show two things. 1: this is the first console of the new generation. i remember when 360 launched they got a lot of buyers because you could see the jump from one generation to another. people want to see that. if the wii u launched with games that barely outdo what the ps3 can do(not saying it will) people will be reluctant to jump ship. 2: compelling launch games. simply put they need exclusives. they need companies to say hey this is a new console that can do thing ps3 and 360 cant. we are going to give it exclusive third party content. if they fail at those two thing i promise you it will be a failure and have a hard time catching on with consumers.

exclusive third party stuff is already confirmed, killer freaks, ghost recon online (it is exclusive cos the pc versions is completely different) and an unnamed MMORPG that is a wii u exclusive :D THQ is also going to publish a wii u exclusive. all wii u versions of third party multiplats will have exclusive features including gta V which i am calling it here right now, its going to be on the system with exclusive features. honestly the wii u launch line up is the least of my worries
Posted Image

#17 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:59 AM

exclusive third party stuff is already confirmed, killer freaks, ghost recon online (it is exclusive cos the pc versions is completely different) and an unnamed MMORPG that is a wii u exclusive :D THQ is also going to publish a wii u exclusive. all wii u versions of third party multiplats will have exclusive features including gta V which i am calling it here right now, its going to be on the system with exclusive features. honestly the wii u launch line up is the least of my worries

yah same here. i really think the wii u launch will be amazing. and when they show the final version of the console at this years e3 everyone will see how much of an impact wii u will have this coming generation of consoles.

Signature_Fox.png

#18 Nintendoes

Nintendoes

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:12 AM

Just to clarify the online will be manly built by third partys so we know the online will be perfect.

#19 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

yah same here. i really think the wii u launch will be amazing. and when they show the final version of the console at this years e3 everyone will see how much of an impact wii u will have this coming generation of consoles.

exactly, this E3 is going to slap all the drones in their faces, and it will force real hardcore gamers to pick up the system at launch for the exclusives and better versions of multiplats :D
Posted Image

#20 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:20 PM

Bd quote... I'm not there yet on GTA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!