13 replies to this topic

#1 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 13 July 2014 - 08:30 PM.

#2 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

Well..... I've got something to say; Vita and 3DS is awesome. HA! :P

#3 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:02 PM

Oh, I'll be active in this discussion as of Thursday.

I think I will like this topic better than the 3DSForums one because I know the people here are a little more lenient to what people say. I know I won't get bashed on the spot for seemingly fanboyish statements, because you all love me and my trolling aura.

Also no Danzego.

To start with, I have a pre-ordered Vita from my local EB. I haven't gotten any games pre-ordered though. I'm thinking of making my own in depth analysis of what the system has that appeals to me. Among other things, I want to test which PS3 games I have that can be transferred to the Vita (well, you know what I mean).

Then I'll go get games. And then some cotton gloves.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#4 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:18 AM

Ahh, just like the 3DS forums aye NinjaShock? :D

Anyway, I like the Vita. But I'm not getting it as of now. I'm waiting for the inevitable price drop and bundles galore most likely coming around this Christmas.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#5 mootap

mootap

Blooper

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:30 AM

They both do different things amazingly and have unique games.The 3ds is great for Nintendo franchises along with niche,casual,puzzle and rpg games mady by the japanease devs.The vita is great for shooters,racers,and games made by western devs

So what ever you are into.They both are great at whatever they are trying to do.
Posted Image

#6 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:36 AM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 14 July 2014 - 01:01 AM.

#7 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:29 AM

THE VITA SUCKS!!!! 3DS 4 DA WIN!!!!! JK. JK. :P

The Vita looks like an interesting system, but I'm gonna have to see some more games that interest me before I can make the decision as to if it's worth the investment for me. Luckily by that time,The price may be a bit lower.
Posted Image

#8 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:33 AM

For pure power, I'd have to go to the Vita. However, It's the games for me. I use a rule of Overall system cost( Which for the Vita is roughly $350)=<Cost of all the games that I know are coming out. Worked for the 3DS, not so far for the Vita.

Edited by Son of Ghetsis, 19 February 2012 - 07:36 AM.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#9 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:09 PM

I think it seems like a cool handheld but I don't like the design of the back of the console and it's a bit too large and I want better games for it before buying, GT5, GTA V, CoD, Battlefield, Final Fantasy.

Edited by Hinkik, 22 February 2012 - 12:10 PM.

28gxdv8.png

#10 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

I has a story for you all. But because I'm not one to retype everything I'mma just copypasta okayz?

So, I just came back from picking up my Vita pre-order.

I ordered a WiFi Only model, no games about a week and a half ago. But when I got to the store, the attendant screwed my order up. Sort of. Rather, another customer screwed their order up. They originally pre-ordered a 3G, but when they came in earlier today, they thought they ordered a WiFi only. So, as the last person that was supposed to come into the store to pick up a pre-order, guess where my WiFi only went.

:S

However, I am a valued customer at my local EB (no seriously, I buy like a game or five a week from them). My good friend the attendant offers me the other person's 3G Vita at no extra cost, due to the mishap (because I already paid in full for the WiFi, and in the end it's the other person's fault).

BUT THEN IT GETS BETTER!

Although I couldn't get my hands on a copy of UMvC3, I was able to get Rayman and Uncharted for less than half price. Throw in the pre-order pack for the 3G vita and, well...

EVERYDAY IM SHUFFLIN!

AuzzieWingman.png

#11 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:06 AM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 14 July 2014 - 01:09 AM.

#12 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

Don't forget that 3DS vs Vita discussions are disabled in this thread at the request of NinjaShock.

Anyway, Brian wanted me to give a review about my experience with the PSVita, so here goes (please note that this is less a professional review and more what I noticed).

After doing the initial setup much like any other console, you get a cool little video and then you get landed into the main menu. It is rather easy to navigate, compared to the PS3. One thing about the Vita though, is that you can't navigate using the D-Pad or Ctrl Stick, but touch controls do tend to be a lot faster. This might be an option under well, the Options menu, but I haven't begun tinkering with the majority of the menu options.

The main menu is much like the screen shots you've seen, with images on circles. When you tap one, it doesn't immediately execute the program, but rather creates a page with an execute button. In this way, you can have several of the main menu items easily accessible with a few quick slides. So for example, I can quickly go between Trophies, Uncharted and other stuff, and it's all generally fast.

One of the first things the Vita made me do was use the Welcome Park app. It's sort of like a tutorial on the Vita's features, disguised as Minigames of a sort. One of them made you do a tap/drag and rear touch number chase time trial thing, so you could familiarise with touch controls. Another let you take a picture of an object and it then turned it into those sliding tile puzzles. There was also a tilt puzzle, another camera app and a sound app. I suppose the best thing about this was how ridiculously easy the trophies were (yes, these minigames had trophies, but unlike that in games, there was the minimal of difficulty. I wouldn't expect anyone not to get the majority of them in half an hour).

I decided to skip looking at all the other stuff, like near, Party and a bunch of other things, and to play Uncharted: Golden Abyss. This is where the whole negativity of the internet can turn you off from good things. All I've heard about this game is nothing great, and yet, here I am trying to guess how people came to that conclusion when I thought it was a great game. Without getting too much into it, Benz Studios (creators) did go beyond just leaving sparkles in terms of collectibles. It felt very organised and varied, each collectible belonging to a set, sort of like in Uncharted 3's online. Story was alright, and I definitely felt that it has the wise cracking which Uncharted 3 lacked in.

And now, for the bad parts. Well, not really. I noticed a few times when the Vita became unresponsive. It first happened in the sound program of Welcome Park, where the Vita wasn't picking up any audio and I thought "HOLY CRAP I BROKE THE MIC!" but I reloaded the program and it worked. Also happened in Uncharted as well, where you had to do a charcoal rubbing, or slide your finger across the screen. I figured that this is just the Vita trying to load stuff, because it would be temporary and nowhere specific. It's a rare occurrence anyway, and doesn't interfere, unless your attention span is less than 2 seconds, in which case, sucks to be you.

A lot of people have been complaining about the battery as well. I didn't actually time it, but I figured, if you need more than 3 hrs of gameplay straight, that's probably a bad sign. Besides, it didn't stop me playing Uncharted til 3 in the morning (there was a lot of chapters 0.o)

Anywho, much more testing to be done. Since I have a 3G Vita, people will want to know about how it is and stuff, but in the meantime, need to link my Vita to my PSN and download Wipeout 2048 and whatnot.

CIAO~

AuzzieWingman.png

#13 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:23 AM

Great review Auzzie!

In a month you need to answer me 1 question though.

Would you buy it again now that you know the Vita and have used it for so long, or do you think it would just collect dust?

#14 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

Hmm, I'll get back to you on that one in a month.

Posting some Uncharted love!

Posted Image

I have more, here: http://s1174.photobu...zieWingman1991/

I caught all these pics using the Vita's screenshotting tool (bought time someone put one in too). Basically, you hold the Vita button (kinda like the home button the 3DS), and then press start to get a capture of the screen. It's not only in the games, but as well as the main menu. Due to different viewing technologies, it doesn't look as good as it does on the Vita.

Too good!

Posted Image

Thread Bump!

Just curious as to how many users of this forum actually have a PSVita.

I know I'm a constant user (that kinda fits the profile of Disgaea 3).

I think the only other person off the top of my head that has one is nintendo3DS.

Edited by Auzzie Wingman, 01 March 2012 - 04:09 AM.

AuzzieWingman.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!