Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=172715

http://www.neogaf.co...postcount=11487

- larger European third parties have received the latest dev kits
- roughly twice as powerful as an Xbox 360
- dev kits are up to revision 4.2, but a V5 kit may exist
- the v4 kits are from early 2012
- final decisions on graphical capabilities come towards the end of development
- this may lead to the Wii U seeing a bit more power than the 2 X 360 listed above

UPDATE - A few more details coming from the source...

- V5 dev kits exist within Nintendo
- tests of a 'very famous engine' show only minor framerate improvements over 360/PS3
- this engine is most likely Unreal Engine 3

This is what I think of this, these rumors get leaked a week before GDC, it is from a unofficle source and we don't even know what dev kit this is from, anyone can post on NeoGAF "rumors" that are false and pretend they are legit,

What do you guys think?.

#2 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:00 PM

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=172715

http://www.neogaf.co...postcount=11487

- dev kits are up to revision 4.2, but a V5 kit may exist
- the v4 kits are from early 2012
- this may lead to the Wii U seeing a bit more power than the 2 X 360 listed above

UPDATE - A few more details coming from the source...

- V5 dev kits exist within Nintendo
- tests of a 'very famous engine' show only minor framerate improvements over 360/PS3
- this engine is most likely Unreal Engine 3

This is what I think of this, these rumors get leaked a week before GDC, it is from a unofficle source and we don't even know what dev kit this is from, anyone can post on NeoGAF "rumors" that are false and pretend they are legit,

What do you guys think?.

Twice the power but only minor framerate differences contradict each other but that is only assuming Unreal engine is as optimised on the wiiu as it is the 360 which probably isn't the case and it not telling the graphical improvements like is the I say "Demo" running at different resolution than the 360 which should be a given which also makes me doubt the legitimacy of this claim.

#3 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

hard to believe this rumors because of the CPU is used and the graphic gpu.. The gpu alone is away to powerful 96gflops. If its twice more powerful than 360, then the graphic card should be 1 generation after gtx7900 lol

They cant use a HD4850 or higher and downgrade it so much.. No point. Also, ps3 is 2x360.. that means ps3 is equal or more powerful than wii U? Today I read an article that Nintendo will keep wii U highly priced because of its power. If this rumors are true and the article I read, is going to be a HUGE fail.. And a question, how is it possible a 2x machine than xbox360, can give 60fps in 1080p ress??? Xbox360 and ps3 the maximum power they got, is 720p 30 fps

Edited by Orion, 27 February 2012 - 04:09 PM.

#4 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:11 PM

hard to believe this rumors because of the CPU is used and the graphic gpu.. The gpu alone is away to powerful 96gflops. If its twice more powerful than 360, then the graphic card should be 1 generation after gtx7900 lol

They cant use a HD4850 or higher and downgrade it so much.. No point. Also, ps3 is 2x360.. that means ps3 is equal or more powerful than wii U? Today I read an article that Nintendo will keep wii U highly priced because of its power. If this rumors are true and the article I read, is going to be a HUGE fail.. And a question, how is it possible a 2x machine than xbox360, can give 60fps in 1080p ress??? Xbox360 and ps3 the maximum power they got, is 720p 30 fps

^This, he also said it's 5x and 2x more powerful then 360, so....It's more powerful and not more powerful lol.

"Today I read an article that Nintendo will keep wii U highly priced because of its power."

Do you have a link to that article?.

Edited by Meelow100, 27 February 2012 - 04:15 PM.

#5 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

I cant find the exact article, I was searching for something else, and I found this article earlier, I remember they said : Nintendo will not make the same mistake as wii to down price it very quickly, but they will keep a higher price than 360 or ps3 for a long period of time! (maybe more than a year), because of its power. Also take a look at this link, they say almost the same think..
http://mynintendonew...igher-than-wii/ "Wii U will mainly interest consumers who want to have the latest gadgets and have a higher disposable income."

So if its 2x than an xbox, then its 0.5 more powerful than a ps3... I cant imagine all this bad rumors right now, in combination with ORIGIN.. hahahahahaha.. oh dear..

Edited by Orion, 27 February 2012 - 04:25 PM.

#6 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

I cant find the exact article, I was searching for something else, and I found this article earlier, I remember they said : Nintendo will not make the same mistake as wii to down price it very quickly, but they will keep a higher price than 360 or ps3 for a long period of time! (maybe more than a year), because of its power. Also take a look at this link, they say almost the same think..
http://mynintendonew...igher-than-wii/ "Wii U will mainly interest consumers who want to have the latest gadgets and have a higher disposable income."

So if its 2x than an xbox, then its 0.5 more powerful than a ps3... I cant imagine all this bad rumors right now, in combination with ORIGIN.. hahahahahaha.. oh dear..

Thanks for the link.

Nintendo should know that they can't dissapoint fans again with the power, I loved the Wii but every single time I heard "this game will be on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC" I just got sad because Nintendo did not make the Wii just as powerful as the 360/PS3, Nintendo knows they have to make the Wii U the console with the best 3rd party support and will be able to compete with the Xbox 720 and PS4 to make it have amazing sales, Nintendo knows the Wii U will fail if it's like the Wii.

Especially if Microsoft is making the 720 also have a touch screen controller, next gen will be about who has the best 3rd party support and best console that's the best revolution.

#7 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

personally I dont think wii U will be 2x than xbox360. For example some people speculate the ghz and the type of the cpu.. Wii U uses a power7 cpu and its a much newer cpu than the xbox one! That means much much faster cpu. For example we cant compare an old intel quad with a today quad core cpu! Its stupid.

Secondly as I said in the past, I believe wii U will cost about 600 dollars or 400 pounds or 450 euro...I dont know if they keep that price for a long period, but its expensive enough, if its compilable with the next gen consoles, and not the 360 or ps3.. 360 and ps3 are dead, old, grandpas.. Its stupid if Nintendo is focusing the power of this 2 old machines! If nintendo focusing in ps3 and 360, then 600 dollars is a crazy number!! It should be 300 dollars...

Third, I hope it comes without steam or origin, especially origin.

Edited by Orion, 27 February 2012 - 04:54 PM.

#8 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:53 PM

bu**c***p!!! the wii u is not going to make crytek "very happy" and be only 2x the power of 360. and its also not going to make EA commit to releasing all its key franchises with only 2x the power of 360. u know what else, gearbox wouldnt be praising it so highly either, and activision wouldnt have promised to support it like no nintendo console before. the wii u will be much more powerful than that
Posted Image

#9 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:12 PM

personally I dont think wii U will be 2x than xbox360. For example some people speculate the ghz and the type of the cpu.. Wii U uses a power7 cpu and its a much newer cpu than the xbox one! That means much much faster cpu. For example we cant compare an old intel quad with a today quad core cpu! Its stupid.

Secondly as I said in the past, I believe wii U will cost about 600 dollars or 400 pounds or 450 euro...I dont know if they keep that price for a long period, but its expensive enough, if its compilable with the next gen consoles, and not the 360 or ps3.. 360 and ps3 are dead, old, grandpas.. Its stupid if Nintendo is focusing the power of this 2 old machines! If nintendo focusing in ps3 and 360, then 600 dollars is a crazy number!! It should be 300 dollars...

Third, I hope it comes without steam or origin, especially origin.

I bet it will be $400 max, the 360 was $300 for the regular 360 and $400 for the elite version.

"Third, I hope it comes without steam or origin, especially origin."

WHAT?!, You know how good it would be if Nintendo got Steam?, it would be amazing, I agree with you about Origin but Steam is a MUST!.

Plus if Steam is on the Wii U Valve would have to make all there games on the Wii U.

bu**c***p!!! the wii u is not going to make crytek "very happy" and be only 2x the power of 360. and its also not going to make EA commit to releasing all its key franchises with only 2x the power of 360. u know what else, gearbox wouldnt be praising it so highly either, and activision wouldnt have promised to support it like no nintendo console before. the wii u will be much more powerful than that

^This.

Edited by Meelow100, 27 February 2012 - 05:16 PM.

#10 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

A load of BS rumours are coming out at the moment for the sake of it, game sites are trolling either because they have this undying hate for Nintendo, or they're going with what's popular at the moment.

I could make up anything, say I've got sources from developers on the system, and give it to any site as a rumour, they'll take it, it's as simple as that. Doesn't mean that it's true, I also see loads of old youtube and IGN MS/Sony fanboy comments being rehashed as rumours.

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

Nintendo will not make the same mistake as wii to down price it very quickly, but they will keep a higher price than 360 or ps3 for a long period of time!

What?
The Wii was €269.99 here for over 3 years. (259.99 in the rest of Europe)

GoNintendo are mis-representing what he's saying imo.
He says his sources are from some large European third parties, and they have only shared their impressions on the 4.0 devkit, but they do have 4.2
After a change in tech specs, he says the v4 devkit seems like it was the first devkit to be released after the change, so obviously it won't be very optimised.
GoNintendo makes you think this means Nintendo will change the graphics capabilities before release, but what the guy actually said was the developers apply the final graphical details to their games toward the later part of their development cycle.

It's also worth mentioning he said his sources were not coders or people who would have hand on time with the devkits.

Edited by Nollog, 27 February 2012 - 06:36 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

What?
The Wii was €269.99 here for over 3 years. (259.99 in the rest of Europe)

GoNintendo are mis-representing what he's saying imo.
He says his sources are from some large European third parties, and they have only shared their impressions on the 4.0 devkit, but they do have 4.2
After a change in tech specs, he says the v4 devkit seems like it was the first devkit to be released after the change, so obviously it won't be very optimised.
GoNintendo makes you think this means Nintendo will change the graphics capabilities before release, but what the guy actually said was the developers apply the final graphical details to their games toward the later part of their development cycle.

It's also worth mentioning he said his sources were not coders or people who would have hand on time with the devkits.

So yeah the guy has no real proof of it.

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

Nobody has any real proof of anything.

His information is believable.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:33 PM

Sounds like a load of crap to me. Im sticking with the original "leaked" rumors that said the Wii U was 10-12 times stronger then the 360. 2X lets be honest thats not a next gen system. And Nintendo and everyone who actually works on the Wii U has said IT IS A TRUE NEXT GEN SYSTEM. So 2X stronger then the 360...I call BS.
[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#15 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:13 AM

Hit the nail on the head right there Crackkat. Good job.

These are all lies!! :wacko:

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#16 TriForce_3

TriForce_3

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:54 AM

Until Nintendo releases something we need to take ALL of these types of rumors with a huge grain of salt.

We keep seeing more and more of these rumors and each one is different in the amount of power the Wii U has. I can' wait until we get some hard data, but until then I'm reserving judgment either way.

#17 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:54 PM

Sounds like a load of crap to me. Im sticking with the original "leaked" rumors that said the Wii U was 10-12 times stronger then the 360. 2X lets be honest thats not a next gen system. And Nintendo and everyone who actually works on the Wii U has said IT IS A TRUE NEXT GEN SYSTEM. So 2X stronger then the 360...I call BS.

I think im on the same opinion as well. Those info-people might not necessairly be technically experienced enough, who knows how many guys did it exchange before going to that one.

Another things ... Retro Studios most probably has V5 kits, it was confirmed that Retro Studios gets kits very early as it was with the first kit nobody got it except Retro, weeks ahead of 3rd-parties.

But little stuff gets out of Retro Studios since it's first-party developer, however some part-time people as well as many japanese/english tranlators they have might be a point where transferring communication might get heard by some other people, but who knows.

Edited by Stewox, 28 February 2012 - 12:55 PM.

Posted Image

#18 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

I remember a rumor before this one, said the newest dev kits came with a better gpu, due to heat and power consumption problems, they added a newer and smaller gpu chipset.. And that makes it even more powerful because they filed the gap with more SPU's

Edited by Orion, 28 February 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#19 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:10 PM

I remember a rumor before this one, said the newest dev kits came with a better gpu, due to heat and power consumption problems, they added a newer and smaller gpu chipset.. And that makes it even more powerful because they filed the gap with more SPU's

Yeah, there's tons of rumors that say about Wii U power, when there is a postive one there is always a negative one, it seems like the person creating the negative one wants to beat out the postive one, people belive negative ones more then postive's, I think it's because Nintendo made the Wii underpowered and when there is a negative rumor about the Wii U's power people will believe it, let's just hope the Wii U will be able to compete with the Xbox 720 and PS4 in power.

Edited by Meelow100, 28 February 2012 - 02:10 PM.

#20 stupidvillager

stupidvillager

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

If you follow what he says, he says that on paper there are some things that appear to be 5x stronger than the 360, but the result on screen is closer to 2x better than the 360 and that is without all the finishing touches put on it and without it being optimized yet with the finished result being better than 2x and closer to 5x. And the whole current engine not running much better, he also says that is not optimized and he also doesnt say what engine it is or what they are trying to run it at. Is not Samaritan on a current gen engine?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!