Photo

Mario Kart Wii U

Pauline Mario Kart Wii U Roster Character

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Pauline make the roster for Mario Kart Wii U? (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Pauline make the roster for Mario Kart Wii U?

1. Yes (18 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No (11 votes [30.56%])

Percentage of vote: 30.56%

3. Indifferent (7 votes [19.44%])

Percentage of vote: 19.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Nintendo Kuwait

Nintendo Kuwait

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:34 AM

Posted Image

Mario Kart is one of my favorite games in all time. I have some thoughts that I want to share it with you. I think if Nintendo wants to remove something from a game its better to make it optional because some people want it. These are some of my ideas below.

1- Double characters karts.
I love Mario Kart Double Dash on the Game Cube. Its not my favorite but, one of the best. Make it optional like the motorcycles in Mario Kart Wii.

2- Special power-ups.
Like Double Dash.

3- Better online experience.
No friend codes.

4- Course customization.
With the ability to upload it.

5- Karts customization.

6- Dlc.
We will play Mario Kart Wii U for years. Its good to download new cups and new battle modes from the last games or, new.

In the end, I want to thank you for the reading and, I want to see your thoughts.

#2 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:40 AM

Mario Kart 3DS will the ability to customise karts, so if that's successful I'm sure Nintendo will keep it for Mario Kart Wii U. Likewise, if the wings and propellers in MK 3DS add to the game, I'd like to see them reappear in the Wii U game.

#3 Rockalot

Rockalot

Blooper

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:54 AM

Gotta say I like the way you think. Although I doubt we'd get it from Nintendo I would love a course customization section, but crazier things have happened, level editor in smash Bros for example?

I'm actually worried the 3DS Mario Kart will change the formula too much with the hang gliders. I dont want to float through a level, I want to take the tight corners in style, out power sliding my friends in some mean competition. If I'm right then Wii U Mario Kart will be a return to formula I'm sure. If I'm wrong then, great, I'm sure both will be great.

Think we'll hear anything at next years E3?

Posted Image

#4 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:00 AM

Posted Image

Mario Kart is one of my favorite games in all time. I have some thoughts that I want to share it with you. I think if Nintendo wants to remove something from a game its better to make it optional because some people want it. These are some of my ideas below.

1- Double characters karts.
I love Mario Kart Double Dash on the Game Cube. Its not my favorite but, one of the best. Make it optional like the motorcycles in Mario Kart Wii.

2- Special power-ups.
Like Double Dash.

3- Better online experience.
No friend codes.

4- Course customization.

5- Karts customization.

6- Dlc.
We will play Mario Kart Wii U for years. Its good to download new cups and new battle modes from the last games or, new.

In the end, I want to thank you for the reading and, I want to see your thoughts.

1. Nah, that was unique to MKDD, I'd prefer it to stay unique to MKDD

2. I dunno, I don't mind that, but it isn't anything I particularly want.

3. That's a given, they better have an awesome online experience.

4. Sounds like fun, not a must, but would be nice to have.

5. Meh, I rather unlocking each of my karts

6. Sure, that sounds good, it would certainly add to the game, but again, not necessary.

I just really hope they find some awesome way to incorporate the new controller into gameplay.

#5 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:11 AM

I agree with your ideas, in the end I think a mario kart game needs a bit more volume.
The gameplay mechanics can stay the same just add, like you say, more customisation.
Designing a track and car would be ace, and surely there very easy ways of doing so with the touchscreen. Could even be designing one while someone watches tv and when his/her program's over you've just finished your track ready to test it out.

New power ups are also nice of course :D , maybe even track specific ones. like a DK barrel for a jump boost or a giant yoshi swallowing you and spitting you out, just off the top of my head. just to add even more variety to the tracks.

#6 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:23 AM

Designing a track and car would be ace, and surely there very easy ways of doing so with the touchscreen. Could even be designing one while someone watches tv and when his/her program's over you've just finished your track ready to test it out.

You're on to it, that's a good way to put it. And to add even more depth, you could unlock certain aspects you could add to your custom tracks such as cannons that shoot the player and other things.

#7 Nintendo Kuwait

Nintendo Kuwait

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:44 AM

I want Your opinion on this sentence

( Optional better than nothing )

#8 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:54 AM

I want Your opinion on this sentence

( Optional better than nothing )

I don't think something like that should be optional, like having some players with 2 characters and some with 1.
What they could do is have it as an option for a vs match, but I really wouldn't want anything more than that.

#9 Camcam281

Camcam281

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kid icarus, Mario kart, and OoT :)

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:24 AM

I agree with you for the most part. I want most of the game to be completely new tracks. But it would be nice if we got 1 cup that has oldies. But it better have cart customization and the ability to fly with the glider and swim with the propeller. Those are awesome features I don't want them to take away. Those are my opinions at least.
Posted Image

#10 Mario Fan 123

Mario Fan 123

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Pokémon, Professor Layton

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:05 AM

Imagine you using the control to aim then shoot the shells, maybe in multiplayer mode.

Character Roster:
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi, Birdo, Toad, Toadette, Wario, Waluigi, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Shy Guy, Bowser Jr., Dry Bowser, Diddy Kong, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, Baby Bowser, Funky Kong, Candy Kong, Koopa Troopa, Dry Bones, King Boo, Petey Piranha, Mii... Dr. Mario.

#11 mudkipz ★

mudkipz ★

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • NNID:MudkipSoda
  • Fandom:
    Donkey Kong Country

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:14 AM

I'm very much excited for this game! Oh, and for Mario Kart 3DS. Even though I've had Mario Kart Wii for years, I still play it so much, it just never gets old.

Posted Image

#12 Nintendo Kuwait

Nintendo Kuwait

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:45 AM

I hope that we can create our battle mode stages and, we can download new and old modes.

#13 Sonic11

Sonic11

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:50 AM

I want to create our own stages and make your own charcter
Posted Image

#14 mudkipz ★

mudkipz ★

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • NNID:MudkipSoda
  • Fandom:
    Donkey Kong Country

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:01 AM

I hope the Miis wont be added to it, but they probably will be. I can't stand it when I'm playing online and I can hear nasty sounding Mii voices behind me. x_x

Posted Image

#15 acethefox

acethefox

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:13 AM

draw your own kart designe it would be nice to make something like the batmoblie and have your wii mii use it. but it should be based of other karts like batmoblie based on the bubble bike as an example it wouild be like add your own design to a kart and yes they must be flagged by nintendo before online use. also map designs a great idea the should be full blown no basing just start from scratch but like how ssbb is you should have to unlock the ability to make you kart by having like all gold cup and map design peices are unlocked by grand pix

#16 Coller23

Coller23

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Every nintendo series, touhou

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:23 AM

Hope they keep gliding from mario kart 3DS.
Don't cry over spilled milk, it will be yogurt tomorrow

#17 nintendofreak247

nintendofreak247

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario Bros.

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:43 AM

I think they should make it so that whenever you pass through an Item Box, it shows you which item you have on the Wii U controller. That way, if you get a Blue Shell, you can have more of an element of surprise when you launch it!
Posted Image

#18 Nintendo Kuwait

Nintendo Kuwait

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:29 AM

nintendofreak247
Good idea.

#19 Ruthie

Ruthie

Blooper

• Writers
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Final Fantasy, Uncharted, Ratchet

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:45 PM

I like the idea of Kart customisation and maybe using the Wii U's controller to draw pictures on the karts sort of like how Tekken using it.
Assistant Writer of Wii U Go and Vita/3DS enthusiast.

#20 WeeYou

WeeYou

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:58 PM

I like the idea of Kart customisation and maybe using the Wii U's controller to draw pictures on the karts sort of like how Tekken using it.

At first I was really into the idea of adding tons of customization options, maybe even getting new better parts by winning races. But then again, mario kart has never really been about all that...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pauline, Mario, Kart, Wii U, Roster, Character

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!