Photo

Mario Kart Wii U

Pauline Mario Kart Wii U Roster Character

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Pauline make the roster for Mario Kart Wii U? (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Pauline make the roster for Mario Kart Wii U?

1. Yes (18 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No (11 votes [30.56%])

Percentage of vote: 30.56%

3. Indifferent (7 votes [19.44%])

Percentage of vote: 19.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:40 PM

I think they should make it so that whenever you pass through an Item Box, it shows you which item you have on the Wii U controller. That way, if you get a Blue Shell, you can have more of an element of surprise when you launch it!

That's an alright idea, though what about the people that are playing with Wiimotes?

Also I really hope they go back to the old control scheme without the Manuel and Automatic business.

#22 chipvader

chipvader

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:49 PM

That's an alright idea, though what about the people that are playing with Wiimotes?

Also I really hope they go back to the old control scheme without the Manuel and Automatic business.

manuel is the old control scheme from what ive seen

#23 Tony Bradshaw

Tony Bradshaw

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:29 PM

Mario Karts is probably my favorite traditional Nintendo game, absolutely can not wait for a wii U version with added features on the touchscreen controller.

Posted Image
For all the latest Wii U News: http://wiiuupdates.com/

#24 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:30 PM

manuel is the old control scheme from what ive seen

Similar, but you see I don't want there to be an option is what I was getting at, I prefer it they it has been in every other version of the game, because it works well, although i do understand why they did it because it worked well with the Wii Wheel

#25 Hamez

Hamez

Blooper

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • NNID:PrinceLuna
  • Fandom:
    007, Team Fortress 2, Zelda, Ponies

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:30 AM

The Wii U Controller has a gyroscope. It could easily be used like the Wii Wheel.

What would also be cool, like the throwing of ninja stars at the trees in the video showing off the new controller, you could flick a green shell from the controller and it will be thrown at the angle you tossed it on the controller screen.
Posted Image

#26 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:51 PM

The Wii U Controller has a gyroscope. It could easily be used like the Wii Wheel.

What would also be cool, like the throwing of ninja stars at the trees in the video showing off the new controller, you could flick a green shell from the controller and it will be thrown at the angle you tossed it on the controller screen.

I'd rather them not use it, motion control was the Wii's main feature. I'd rather them do something special for the Wii U.
I like the idea of using the touch screen to launch weapons at a certain angle.

#27 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:59 PM

I think they should let the player choose between motion control and using a circle pad.

I like the touch screen idea. They could also do that on Mario Kart 3DS.

#28 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:27 PM

I think they should let the player choose between motion control and using a circle pad.

I like the touch screen idea. They could also do that on Mario Kart 3DS.

That's a possibility, but I dunno, because you've gotta remember that it's possible only 1 player will get to use the Wii U remote, so some things may not work that well...

#29 abbe

abbe

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:36 AM

That's a possibility, but I dunno, because you've gotta remember that it's possible only 1 player will get to use the Wii U remote, so some things may not work that well...

yea..but hey, they could make a lite version of the wiiupad, without camera, sensor strip, stylus, accelerometer, gyroscope, microphone and all that stuff a second player wont need.

#30 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:26 AM

yea..but hey, they could make a lite version of the wiiupad, without camera, sensor strip, stylus, accelerometer, gyroscope, microphone and all that stuff a second player wont need.

Maybe, though it's probable that any first party games won't have multiple Wii U controller options as Iwata stated that he doesn't expect anyone to buy multiple controllers at the moment.

#31 SapphireKirby

SapphireKirby

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Kirby, Bakugan

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:47 AM

I would like to see this happen, I'm pretty sure Nintendo will make one cause there has been a Mario Kart game on every Nintendo console since the Super Nintendo. Keeping the customization options that are in Mario Kart 3DS would be a good idea. I would also like to see a track creator on it like Diddy Kong Racing had. Only time will tell I guess.
Posted Image

#32 AWB

AWB

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:16 AM

I just had a really good idea! Remember that one game from E3 that showed drawing makeup on the fighters with the stylus on the controller? What if you could use that in making a customized kart? You could write your name all over it or draw designs on it however you like!
Game History: PC, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo GameBoy Advance SP, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS.
Buying Soon: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Mario Kart 3D, Animal Crossing 3D, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Super Mario 3D.

#33 Nintendogmaster

Nintendogmaster

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:06 AM

I hope for a Mario Kart for the Wii u also. Me and my brother play it alot! So it would be fun to have another one.
Posted Image
NYAN PRISM!!!!

#34 Haha

Haha

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:59 AM

I assume it will be like the 3DS version, with 12 players, better graphics, and some other changes. I hope you can see/control items and see aerial views(like 3ds) from the controller.

#35 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:57 PM

I just had a really good idea! Remember that one game from E3 that showed drawing makeup on the fighters with the stylus on the controller? What if you could use that in making a customized kart? You could write your name all over it or draw designs on it however you like!

The way Nintendo will think of it, what is the point, will it add to the game? The answer is no, we might put a little logo on our cars like on the DS version, but that's it, what else would it be useful for?

#36 Hamez

Hamez

Blooper

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • NNID:PrinceLuna
  • Fandom:
    007, Team Fortress 2, Zelda, Ponies

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:12 AM

Need to bring back the old N64 Balloon Battle rules. It was more fun than the way they do it for Wii now... (It was necessary for online for 12 people, but it should have been in the split-screen multiplayer)
Posted Image

#37 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:16 PM

Need to bring back the old N64 Balloon Battle rules. It was more fun than the way they do it for Wii now... (It was necessary for online for 12 people, but it should have been in the split-screen multiplayer)

That's not a bad idea, though it might be nice to have it so as you turn into a bomb in online play.

#38 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:55 AM

That's a possibility, but I dunno, because you've gotta remember that it's possible that Iwata wasn't lying when he said that they were going to to focus more on the Wii U controller as a control scheme because when you consider that the console is mainly expensive because of the controller, what's the point in using a much cheaper Wiimote instead?

#39 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:36 AM

That's a possibility, but I dunno, because you've gotta remember that it's possible that Iwata wasn't lying when he said that they were going to to focus more on the Wii U controller as a control scheme because when you consider that the console is mainly expensive because of the controller, what's the point in using a much cheaper Wiimote instead?

Oh and I definitely think that as far as single player goes, there will be some awesome uses for the Wii U controller, but when looking at multiplayer, Iwata has said that no one is expected to pick up a second Wii U controller at this stage.

#40 Ali

Ali

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Fandom:
    Donkey Kong, Mario Kart

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:36 AM

She is the original Damsel In Distress and I think she'd make a great addition to the Mario Kart roster

This is she (the one in DK's arms)
Mario-VS-Donkey-Kong.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pauline, Mario, Kart, Wii U, Roster, Character

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!