• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#41 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:41 PM

new rumors came up today or yesterday, that are not very interesting to be honest..

http://mynintendonew...-wii-u-rumours/
  • 720p seems to be the sweet spot for definition with games running Wii U controller-intensive visuals (extra comment by me... thats bad)
  • Wii U controller handles 480p (extra comment by me... It is already known)
  • Wii U controller allows for viewing of on-TV action from another angle in some games (extra comment by me... It is already known)
  • Seems that there are some third-party ports using this idea for gameplay (extra comment by me... It is already known)
  • V5 dev kit is a little more powerful than V4, but doesn’t make for 1080p in these situations (extra comment by me... thats bad)
  • Games can benefit from a slight visual boost over 360/PS3 and may run at a higher resolution (extra comment by me... thats bad)
  • More simple titles may be able to run 1080p in conjunction with the controller (extra comment by me...lol they mean the DLC - platforms and board games????? )
This controller already started to give me the creeps... WE DONT WANT controllers.. we need a console! Overall I see a downgrade, not an upgrade... they sacrifice the crispy graphics for their controller.. Thats what this rumors, speak about. That also means, whatever the better effects and fps wii U can offer at 720p, will NOT be able to compete the other consoles, when they come...

Is going to be a short of updated "old generation console", so I hope this rumors are not true.. because the promotion of 1080p, will end up a parody...

I said it dozen of times... STOP PUSHING nintendo to support more than 1 of this controllers.. they suck all wii U power... I wonder why they didnt choose a 6 core cpu, if they want 2 controllers.

Edited by Orion, 18 March 2012 - 11:59 PM.

#42 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:44 AM

new rumors came up today or yesterday, that are not very interesting to be honest..

http://mynintendonew...-wii-u-rumours/

• 720p seems to be the sweet spot for definition with games running Wii U controller-intensive visuals (extra comment by me... thats bad)
  • Wii U controller handles 480p (extra comment by me... It is already known)
  • Wii U controller allows for viewing of on-TV action from another angle in some games (extra comment by me... It is already known)
  • Seems that there are some third-party ports using this idea for gameplay (extra comment by me... It is already known)
  • V5 dev kit is a little more powerful than V4, but doesn’t make for 1080p in these situations (extra comment by me... thats bad)
  • Games can benefit from a slight visual boost over 360/PS3 and may run at a higher resolution (extra comment by me... thats bad)
  • More simple titles may be able to run 1080p in conjunction with the controller (extra comment by me...lol they mean the DLC - platforms and board games????? )
This controller already started to give me the creeps... WE DONT WANT controllers.. we need a console! Overall I see a downgrade, not an upgrade... they sacrifice the crispy graphics for their controller.. Thats what this rumors, speak about. That also means, whatever the better effects and fps wii U can offer at 720p, will NOT be able to compete the other consoles, when they come...

Is going to be a short of updated "old generation console", so I hope this rumors are not true.. because the promotion of 1080p, will end up a parody...

I said it dozen of times... STOP PUSHING nintendo to support more than 1 of this controllers.. they suck all wii U power... I wonder why they didnt choose a 6 core cpu, if they want 2 controllers.

they need to support two controller... simple as that. they cant market this console with use of only one controller. it would be marketing disaster for them.

#43 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:55 AM

Then is going to be a marketing disaster the whole advertisement of 1080p! Its more like " come and play tetris at 1080p" and all the rest at 720p... Nintendo from the first place said 1 controller, but then kids start to push nintendo for more.. Wii U original supported 1 controller with screen and 3 analog ones..4 overall. As a result, to spend the half cpu power in controllers now.. pfff

Now I cant speculate it if its slightly stronger than 360 or ps3, more expensive than 200-250 dollars.. lol As 360 costs 140 with hdd.. I hate a critic in Nintendo called Patcher... but I think he is right in this one.

ps: If its cheap, I will buy it, but not for hardcore gaming.. As I already play at 2560x1600... :P 1080p was really nice and promising.. but it seems... NOT YET.. I mean, the whole 720p (cheap console imports, washed out graphics, etc) is a disaster for pc gaming and all gamers salute wii U because of its power.. We hoped that wii U will push the publishers for better graphics and textures...but hmmm

Edited by Orion, 19 March 2012 - 02:08 AM.

#44 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:32 AM

Then is going to be a marketing disaster the whole advertisement of 1080p! Its more like " come and play tetris at 1080p" and all the rest at 720p... Nintendo from the first place said 1 controller, but then kids start to push nintendo for more.. Wii U original supported 1 controller with screen and 3 analog ones..4 overall. As a result, to spend the half cpu power in controllers now.. pfff

Now I cant speculate it if its slightly stronger than 360 or ps3, more expensive than 200-250 dollars.. lol As 360 costs 140 with hdd.. I hate a critic in Nintendo called Patcher... but I think he is right in this one.

ps: If its cheap, I will buy it, but not for hardcore gaming.. As I already play at 2560x1600... :P 1080p was really nice and promising.. but it seems... NOT YET.. I mean, the whole 720p (cheap console imports, washed out graphics, etc) is a disaster for pc gaming and all gamers salute wii U because of its power.. We hoped that wii U will push the publishers for better graphics and textures...but hmmm

so you are going to take your advice from an unknow member on that website.

THQ: "WiiU is just alot more powerful than current HD consoles it does 1080p very easy."

Crytek: "WiiU devkits are very powerful,the specs are very good"

Vigil Games: "We had the game at the same level as high end pc version in a matter of days and a few lines of code got the game up and running on tablet in 5 mins."

Epic: "It will do things current HD consoles simply cant do its going to be a powerful box."

quotes from real "known" developers of what the early dev kits could do.... at this point lets just wait until nintendo announces the final version of console at E3.

#45 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:00 AM

wii U gpu can support up to 1440p by default, I mean, all graphic cards, despite the fps ratings the give us, support up to 2580x1600 ress. But if it uses the eyefinity feature of the card, to split the graphics in many screens..

then it translates to 720px480px480p... with one controller it could give 1080px480p

I have a question, does Nintendo read this forum, to make a suggestion? Or anybody have access to promote suggestion from this forum?

Here is my suggestion.

Wii U by default to support only 1 controller so we have native 1080p video games... And those who want more than 1 screen controllers, Nintendo to make an extra product with an old cpu and a cheap gpu (just to use the eyefinity feature) as a docking station or peripheral in the wii u, that can support up to 1-2-3-4 controllers with screen!!! That will satisfy the hard core ones and the soft ones... is it.. Also nintendo will make more money from it, by selling this peripheral and more than 2 controllers for each user!!! and better games of course.. That will also keep wii U in a very reasonable price and those who want more cookies, can buy this thing...

do it please, someone talk to them.. lol :P

Edited by Orion, 19 March 2012 - 03:13 AM.

#46 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

wii U gpu can support up to 1440p by default, I mean, all graphic cards, despite the fps ratings the give us, support up to 2580x1600 ress. But if it uses the eyefinity feature of the card, to split the graphics in many screens..

then it translates to 720px480px480p... with one controller it could give 1080px480p

I have a question, does Nintendo read this forum, to make a suggestion? Or anybody have access to promote suggestion from this forum?

Here is my suggestion.

Wii U by default to support only 1 controller so we have native 1080p video games... And those who want more than 1 screen controllers, Nintendo to make an extra product with an old cpu and a cheap gpu (just to use the eyefinity feature) as a docking station or peripheral in the wii u, that can support up to 1-2-3-4 controllers with screen!!! That will satisfy the hard core ones and the soft ones... is it.. Also nintendo will make more money from it, by selling this peripheral and more than 2 controllers for each user!!! and better games of course.. That will also keep wii U in a very reasonable price and those who want more cookies, can buy this thing...

do it please, someone talk to them.. lol :P

i assume you cant be serious as it would be asinine to release a console that only supported one controller in favor of having a higher native resolution. plan and simple it would be more of a complete disaster to do such a thing

#47 Odyssey

Odyssey

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

Even before this latest rumour, I was a little concerned about one or more extra screens taxing the system's power. Maybe draw distances and other little things could be sacrificed to compensate for lower frames when playing local multiplayer with two U-trollers. Kinda like what happens a lot in 5th gen consoles where you have split-screen.

I'd say the reason Nintendo haven't been forthcoming on whether you can use two at once, would most likely have to do with performance concerns though.

Personally, I'll be getting a classic pro controller for 2 player.

#48 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

Even before this latest rumour, I was a little concerned about one or more extra screens taxing the system's power. Maybe draw distances and other little things could be sacrificed to compensate for lower frames when playing local multiplayer with two U-trollers. Kinda like what happens a lot in 5th gen consoles where you have split-screen.

I'd say the reason Nintendo haven't been forthcoming on whether you can use two at once, would most likely have to do with performance concerns though.

Personally, I'll be getting a classic pro controller for 2 player.

If you don't have one, I reccomend this one it's pretty good.

Posted Image
Dreamgear Shadow Classic Controller Pro

http://www.gametrone...p/wii-a1030.htm

You can order it from here. Though, it is $22.99 a bit more expensive than Nintendo's.

Edited by Sportsgamer, 20 March 2012 - 05:02 PM.

#49 Odyssey

Odyssey

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

^ Thanks mate, looks good! :)

#50 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

^ Thanks mate, looks good! :)

Your Welcome :D

#51 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:42 AM

wii U could support 1 screen controller and 3 analog ones, did you miss in your research that the analog "controllers" are actually controllers too "DA aaaa"? You know, pressing the buttons and look at your TV, like the old days.. Your 1080p TV that will perform 720p and the quality lucks from 42'' inches and bigger. as they stretch the game to cover up the entire screen... As I said earlier, they could do my suggestion, to satisfy the hard core gamers, and also the kids 5-14 years old.. Who love gadgets and portable things..

If I buy a desktop console (not a portable one), and lucks of power because of mobility and portable screens, its a turn off.. lol After all I am solo in my house and none from my family is a tech freak or gamer to play with me, even though, I prefer solo games and mostly RPG, FPS.. Not board games or rally, beatemup, etc... As I said, if wii U performs 720p because of the controllers, I will never buy any hard core tittle for it.. I will stick with my pc.. I will buy only exclusive rpgs and mario :P

I am not a gadget freak, or a Frame Per Second freak and I never sacrifice any of my gaming quality in the luck of gadgets.. I am always satisfied in I have 50-65 fps in my game. at full resolution.. Thats why I stopped playing consoles, long ago, but I hopped that Wii U will push the developers in a better gaming experience/quality.. I always support nintendo, as I grow up with nintendo, (if they keep it legit), but ok... If they cant offer me what I want, its not a one way road.. :) Their loss

ps: after all my new rig will accommodate 2xkepler 670ti or 660 in SLI, will cover my quality fetish for a few years, I believe.. I do believe that wii U will perform better if they tweaked it for 720p (in most of the games).. Have you ever see a video card performance in low resolutions vs high resolutions? So basically its not a tweak, its a sacrifice. At least I hope they will consider my suggestion, when the next gen consoles come out, and give us this gadget for those who want many controllers and with a bios tweak, to give wii U extra power. Its applicable as well..

ps1: Take notice, that my complaint is not about actual wii U hardware, but the sacrifice in video card resolution.

Edited by Orion, 21 March 2012 - 02:51 AM.

#52 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:24 AM

1080p, and a game that could render everything amazing in that resolution, is more like next next gen, plastic hair and bad textures are common in these days, so a performance boost to actually run something that looks 720 would be great (and im not talking about those stupid cod cutscenes)
if i were developing a game, i would rather stick with 720, and use 1080 for whenever you need a dramatic scene or just a video
of course, you could still have a plastic hair person walk around in 1080p, its not my game

back to ue4, a tweak would be *reasonable*, how much it might make the console cost extra i do not know, if it does do ue4 though, i might reconsider paying up to 400$ for the console

edit: ok nvm thats still a lot, but 350 for a ue4 console that can run at a good framerate seems completely plausable
expecially since we dont know much about the ue4 specs

as for the controllers, hmmm, we have a screen, rendering for that screen, which could or could not be the same as another controller, and then feed out to the controller for 480 rez

its probably going to be, hey, our games cheep graphics wise, play a game with 4 uthingies!, or hey, our games graphics are bloody amazing, we dont use the screen because its silly and it causes lag, bleeeeeb

most likely my response to everything written on this page is once again, getting a little off topic

Edited by uh20, 21 March 2012 - 05:32 AM.

:laugh:

#53 Shokio

Shokio

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Starfox, F-Zero, SSB

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:27 AM

Orion you have the wrong idea, completely.

Supporting multiple controllers only means that Nintendo had to BEEF UP the hardware, meaning, we have a stronger system now. So basically, for ANY game that doesn't support streaming to multiple controllers (i.e., single-player games), devs will have extra power to work with.

Also, the streaming to the controller pretty much only affects resolution. It's not like games will have lower-res textures. Notice how the rumor said nothing about how the controller affects lighting, textures, physics, etc. Yes it talked about how they look in-comparison of 360/PS3 but what they were actually talking about there were MULTIPLATS that are shared between those systems.

Lastly, 1080p isn't the huge of difference from 720p. I mean yes it's a lot more pixels but really, the visual difference is really minimal. I'd rather have 720p with 60 FPS than 1080p with 30 FPS.
Posted Image

#54 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:50 AM

So, do you think they can go 72 FPS, or will they always try to stay at 60 FPS?

LordPickleton.png

#55 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:11 AM

wii U could support 1 screen controller and 3 analog ones,

The Wii U supports 1 screen controller and 4 analog ones since e3 last year.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#56 Mr_Fabel

Mr_Fabel

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

I cant wait for the E3! I wanted to know what Nintendo REALLY prepared for us in the last year :)

#57 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

The Wii U supports 1 screen controller and 4 analog ones since e3 last year.

anyway, I wrote that, because a guy said, they couldn't support just 1 controller.. lol It supports 5 ... The screen controller is cool, but too much may kill the cat.. As for the 720p-1080p, I stick with my original message, its a huge difference, not minimal.. At least from my personal experience in pc gaming... Its day and night. And FPS need high resolutions and good FOV..

As for hardware improvements, as I said, I focused only in the graphic card and the resolution that splits into many screens... (2 controllers and 1 tivo).. They should at least, add a different gpu for that.. The controllers eat the half of it. Anyway, no reason to argue about it... Lets wait for it and see what it brings, but I am not that excited, to move my game into the console world. Its still to little for me. But as I said, I will support it...

After all I dont fancy sony or microsoft, so Nintendo is the way to go!! Its not only wii U after all, as Microsoft and sony will face the same dilemma.. If they want for example to support 4 tablet controllers (sony and MS), I wonder how they will manage it with 1 gpu.. Probably they will add mobility gpu to control the signal in the controllers.. Its a major problem for all.. Is going to be the "upscale party" consoles... :P

Edited by Orion, 21 March 2012 - 04:15 PM.

#58 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

I want 1080p at 60FPS. They said it will be powerful, this is what I want. A console with good textures, resolution, and super games.

#59 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:34 PM

The screen controller is cool, but too much may kill the cat.. As for the 720p-1080p, I stick with my original message, its a huge difference, not minimal.. At least from my personal experience in pc gaming... Its day and night. And FPS need high resolutions and good FOV..

I disagree.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#60 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:42 PM

I disagree.

Disagree with what part since 1080p and 720p is a huge difference I mean

1280 x 720 to

1366 x 768 is a pretty large difference and

1920 x 1080 from

1366 x 768 is a large difference now if you was talking about FOV than maybe a tiny increase but FOV because of it being on a TV is not really important.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!