• NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

"1080p plastic hair people"
aka nollog

MY HAIR ISN'T PLASTICS TIVO!!!

Everything is rumour.
So the posts here are getting more and more presumptuous.

Edited by Nollog, 24 March 2012 - 04:56 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#82 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

^lol^
idk why but i felt like obscurely joking about the forums oldest addict

anyways if anyone fell onto another topic-train, this is about UNREAL ENGINE 4, other rumors that could go for or against this particular rumor im guessing would also be ok, but yea, were way into another topic inside a differently named topic

so to start you guys off, i found this kotaku unicorn tongue

HA, IT CHANGED BULL TO UNICORN, YES, UNICORNS!!!!!

this article im too lazy to check is good or not says ue4 wont come out till 2014, so umm

noone saw me type that word that did not change to something silly, right

Wii it all, just Wii it all

Edited by uh20, 24 March 2012 - 09:05 PM.

:laugh:

#83 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

^lol^

anyways if anyone fell onto another topic-train, this is about UNREAL ENGINE 4, other rumors that could go for or against this particular rumor im guessing would also be ok, but yea, were way into another topic inside a differently named topic

this article im too lazy to check is good or not says ue4 wont come out till 2014, so umm

Wii U

#84 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

What's the use of having the most photorealistic graphics if the gameplay and story of the game are terrible. I love Battlefield 3, but I have to admit it sucks right now.

-typing with split keyboard is awesome and confusing sometimes.

Edited by Cerberuz, 24 March 2012 - 09:24 PM.

LordPickleton.png

#85 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

*buzzer goes off*
you just failed at the game of keeping this topic about ue4, cookie lost
ue4... seems really pointlessly far away from wiiu right now, course thats just my opinion
:laugh:

#86 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

Not UE4 probably UE3.5

#87 Odyssey

Odyssey

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:37 PM

UE4 isn't going to be released properly for a couple of years anyway, and in the meantime I think I'll be pretty happy with UE3 + extra bells and whistles (compared to PS360). If it ends up Wii U can't run UE4, lets just hope Epic make it easy for devs to port their games between the two engines.

#88 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:54 AM

^lol^

so this pretty much means the only console that will maybe run unreal engine 4 may be the ps4 so it may not be the main nextgen engine for games? maybe lol. im saying this because dev kits for the xbox 720 are being released in august and im guessing that UE4 will start being used in late 2013 and that will give sony time to tweak the hardware to run it.
If nintendo thinks devs need UE4 for their console , they will make it compatible. Im sure

Signature_Fox.png

#89 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:22 PM

the article is bollocks.. lol :P

I mean even amd 5870 was 2.7 tflops card, but it was -20% -30% from gtx480 with 1.7 (cant remember) tflops.. Its not only the tflops that matter in a card, especially in a console video card. From the rumors, I speculate that wii U will be around 1, 1.2 tflops video card, and I believe its fine.. for UE4.

I mean, if we have to believe this article, then 5870 is capable to run UE4, and gtx480 that is +20 +30% better than 5870, cannot. Let me also state it differently... The only dedicated cards, that can run solo samaritan demo and UE4, are the keplers and Tahiti chipsets by amd (gtx680 - 7970)... You think that Sony with all this problems, will add a card of that potential in their console? So how much ps4 is going to cost us... 1000? 2000? lol

I believe UE4 will show up at 2014.. Due to AMD and NVIDIA cards, Nvidia will stop producing cards every year, so they will have 1 series per 2 years and also at 2014, directx12 will show up... GTX 780 that is the top model of 6xx series (due for marketing reasons to balance the model name with AMD, 8xxx series next year, nvidia will name the half 6xx series as 7xx, so the next series will be called 8xx series.. lol complicated). Also never forget that every console needs up to 2 years, for the developers to start showing the machines teeth.. that means wii U may be capable in many aspects of UE4..Will see..

Edited by Orion, 25 March 2012 - 12:42 PM.

#90 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

UE4 isn't going to be released properly for a couple of years anyway, and in the meantime I think I'll be pretty happy with UE3 + extra bells and whistles (compared to PS360). If it ends up Wii U can't run UE4, lets just hope Epic make it easy for devs to port their games between the two engines.

UE4 is scalable, so you will be able to have a superduper UE4 game on PS4, a good enough one on 720, and a passable one on Wii U.
That's the goal Epic have stated at least.

words

http://nollog.net/Prophet/?n=Orion

Edited by Nollog, 25 March 2012 - 02:44 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#91 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

UE4 is scalable, so you will be able to have a superduper UE4 game on PS4, a good enough one on 720, and a passable one on Wii U.
That's the goal Epic have stated at least.

http://nollog.net/Prophet/?n=Orion

what do you mean by passable? are you saying it won't be up to snuff with what games next gen should be?

Signature_Fox.png

#92 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:07 PM

I'm saying it's not going to be a Wii situation again.
You'll be able to play the games, but they won't look the best on the Wii U.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#93 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

yah i know what you mean. but then again the 720 will only come out a year later (been confirmed) and alot of specs seem very similar so i dont think the wii u and xbox will be very different in terms of the way it plays. but the ps4 OHHHH boy sony will have a great oppurtunity there

Signature_Fox.png

#94 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

yah i know what you mean. but then again the 720 will only come out a year later (been confirmed) and alot of specs seem very similar so i dont think the wii u and xbox will be very different in terms of the way it plays. but the ps4 OHHHH boy sony will have a great oppurtunity there

Where does it say Xbox720 is confirmed to come out in 2013?

#95 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

Where does it say Xbox720 is confirmed to come out in 2013?

I can't remember fully but a person from Microsoft said They won't be showing their new xbox at this year e3 but they are going to show it at 2013 e3 and release the same year.

#96 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

I can't remember fully but a person from Microsoft said They won't be showing their new xbox at this year e3 but they are going to show it at 2013 e3 and release the same year.

No, they never said they were going to release it next year.

All we know it's not 2012.

#97 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:53 AM

What's the use of having the most photorealistic graphics if the gameplay and story of the game are terrible. I love Battlefield 3, but I have to admit it sucks right now.

Apparently most games nowadays need to look good in order to appeal to a mass audience.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#98 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:25 AM

Apparently most games nowadays need to look good in order to appeal to a mass audience.

Except for COD It just has to have its name on the box I mean I bet when next gen comes its still going to be using the same engine from 2007/8 and still going to be bought.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 26 March 2012 - 04:26 AM.

#99 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:12 PM

Except for COD It just has to have its name on the box I mean I bet when next gen comes its still going to be using the same engine from 2007/8 and still going to be bought.

It's only a matter of time until it gets worn out. I'd give it about 2 more years.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#100 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

this isnt something new, games have always needed to look good in order to have a mass appeal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!