Photo

Applications on the WiiU, which ones would you want?

apps app applications App Apps Applications Application application browser WiiU

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

TO BE CLEAR, there is no confirmed "APP store" for the WiiU, nor are there any confirmed apps at this time (with exception to a refrence to a web browser inan Iwata Asks)

ALSO, i understand that the WiiU is a gaming platform FIRST, and applications would be few and far between, also for large amounts of energy to be put on applications for the WiiU would be.. a little sad, i mean really its can play awesome games. BUT this will be for faaaantaasy!

So, what applications would you like to see / use on your future WiiU? Are there any specifics to these applications you are thinking of you'd like? How would they be used / controled? Clarity dictates an application has no end goal, and simply allows you to access entertainment or do work easily. There is no game mechanic at all, there are only menus (though that doesn't mean those menus cannot be navigated with a sidescrolling dude, or First Person view)

ALSO, i'd like to take all the easy ideas
(though you can post specifics about these)

Web Browser
Netflix

... and i wanna suggest Shoutcast application.

So... wudda you think?

Edited by SleepyGuyy, 18 March 2012 - 12:46 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

Well first, i really think that the wii u will easily run other apps from ios/ android devices since other forms of development seem to be easy according to developers( not sure though). plus toki tori 2 is confirmed for the wii u app store, and im sure since 3ds is getting alot of apps from other devices , wii u will be fine.

i want to see hulu, netflix( you got it) , crackle,amazon, news channel, nintendo channel , weather channel , check mii out channel. yeah thats all

Signature_Fox.png

#3 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

Already a thread.

#4 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:04 PM

WELL... i searched and searched and didnt find it... then nobody told me and chat didnt help, they just ignored me.... % @ # $ ... well, hopefully someone comes along and deletes it then... friggin hidden threads
Posted Image

#5 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:29 PM

http://thewiiu.com/t...nt-on-the-wiiu/

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:28 PM

Toki Tori 2 is confirmed for the "app store" on the Wii U.

Also, why would you put this in hardware?
They'd be games if anything.

Edited by Nollog, 18 March 2012 - 02:36 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:20 PM

Actually i remember reading in my magazine that "Zen Studio's" were making a game called "Marvel pinball", it may not be on everyones wish list but it was the only confirmed downloadable title on the WiiU.
This may be incorrect but just saying.

Also the magazine was "Offical Nintendo Magazine Australia"
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#8 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

Actually i remember reading in my magazine that "Zen Studio's" were making a game called "Marvel pinball", it may not be on everyones wish list but it was the only confirmed downloadable title on the WiiU.
This may be incorrect but just saying.

Also the magazine was "Offical Nintendo Magazine Australia"

It is confirmed.

#9 Odyssey

Odyssey

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:40 AM

More of a feature than an app, but it'd be cool if you could have a number of upload slots that you could fill with screenshots to later retrieve from your account on the net. They could call it 'WiiShots'.

#10 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

news
weather
internet browser with video support
-what i would expect in the browser would be the ability to run flash/java (i would love java to be on here)
-even better, but sketchy ideas would be able to lock onto a video/flash/java application, and have the tablet be your keyboard for interacting with it on -the tv, if it has direction keys, then it will basically meet all the requirements to be playing runescape or minecraft, on your wii u!
-(as for everything in the internet section, i know you can do this on the computer, but on your wiiu would also be cool, right)
mii plaza with wii plaza and the other wii-mii channel functionality, but with most of the ideas stated in the threads about the wiiu plaza
messaging (or even email with your gmail or sumtin) and wii to wii or wii-skype (or something else) to other people video calling
wii u store
wii u tablet store, which could include titles ported from webos and android (apple has no chance because they are stinky bastards)
-i also dont care much about tablet things on the wiiu, since they are crapware anyways, but it would be just as cool as the internet ideas
system settings- (well duh!) but inside the system settings i would like more advanced wii mote to sensor bar placement, like pointing at all 4 corners,so -you can finally do what i would like to do and aim with the wii zapper, other than tracking you displaced pointer on the screen
-oh and a sound mixer, turn up the bass! (edit: TURN UP THE WUBWUB{and im not talking about the windows8 commercial,ew})
idk thats all i can think of right now

Edited by uh20, 21 March 2012 - 08:24 PM.

:laugh:

#11 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:00 PM

Hopefully creating apps for the Wii U would be like that on the Android and iOS systems.
That way anyone is able to create apps and a huge Wii U community can form.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:01 AM

Hopefully creating apps for the Wii U would be like that on the Android and iOS systems.
That way anyone is able to create apps and a huge Wii U community can form.

http://www.wired.com...age-developers/
Never going to happen.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:56 AM

they should have an app similar to draw something on the wiiu.

Its basically like the new message system on the 3ds except people guess what the drawing is.

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:29 PM

they should have an app similar to draw something on the wiiu.

Its basically like the new message system on the 3ds except people guess what the drawing is.

Like "Draw My Thing" on omgpop?
Or Pictionary the board game?

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

Like "Draw My Thing" on omgpop?
Or Pictionary the board game?

Draw Something, you never played it?

#16 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

yea like draw something from the omg guys

#17 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:09 PM

Have you guys played iSketch (free to play) on the computer (I know it's hard to draw with a mouse) it's like draw something (more like charades) but eight+ people playing at once trying to guess the word as the selected player is drawing. Pretty fun and it will help you get better at using your new table if you have one. They should put iSketch on the Wii U.

Edited by Cerberuz, 22 March 2012 - 07:20 PM.

LordPickleton.png

#18 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:36 PM

http://www.wired.com...age-developers/
Never going to happen.

Aww, shoot. That's very unfortunate. :(

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#19 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:18 AM

Not really.
Nintendo could charge anything against a DIY dev, and even if it was reasonable, there will be any number of others calling it currency theft.

At least with a company, all the lines can be drawn, the previous work can be seen, both parties know what is being engaged in the contract.

Call it wishful thinking, but I think Nintendo's strategy is "We don't want to screw over uprising talents, on accident or on purpose".

Fine Print: "We don't want to look bad."

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#20 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:53 AM

Now that the no homebrew rule's been rescinded.
I want XMBC on my Wii U, that's the real reason I first became interested in it when hearing of the screen controller.
The idea of a media player with all the play/pause etc. buttons on a large touchscreen and nothing on my main TV is too good.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: apps, app, applications, App, Apps, Applications, Application, application, browser, WiiU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!