Photo

What studios do you think Nintendo should expand?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

Nintendo has a lot of great studios, some with two teams working on different games simultaneously. I think they should have more studios that do this. But which ones?

Obviously, Retro studios. Them working on multiple projects could be a dream come true, and considering they're hiring so many new people, they may actually be building a second team.

I also think Project Sora should be expanded. That way Sakurai could work on brand new projects while still overseeing Smash Bros. Development.

What do you guys think?

#2 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

I agree with Project Sora, I would really want a follow up to Kid Icarus Uprising for the Wii U soon. Also Retro Studios can produce games that will appeal to the West which will be a good thing.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#3 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

I have to agree with both of your choices, my friend.
Posted Image

#4 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

They need to buy high voltage and have epic make an exclusive Wii U project a la gears of war trilogy style to help with hardcore gamers.

They need an exclusive hardcore series from a third party... That simple.

#5 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

What studio makes Pikmin? 'Cause that one.
Intelligent Systems is also a favorite of mine.
Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#6 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

They need to buy high voltage and have epic make an exclusive Wii U project a la gears of war trilogy style to help with hardcore gamers.

I do feel High Voltage should at the very least work with Nintendo. The Conduit games have great potential but never meet that potential as High Voltage dosen't have much experienced on non lincesesd games and have very few resources ( manpower, money etc). Sega USA isn't the best company to work with since they didn't really help promote Conduit 2 at all and providing them with resources. If HVS could work with people like Retro Studios they could possible make an Awesome game that can take full advantage of the Wii U. Also HVS will be much more secure if they didn't since tehy are a very small company and Nintendo will help pay for the cost of making there games.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#7 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

Retro Studios and Nintendo Software Technology definitely need to be built up, as far as I know they're the only western first party studios at the moment. I feel like Nintendo needs to be known for more than just Japanese games if they want to succeed.

Buying out Camelot and Next Level Games could be a good idea too, and with both of them working on upcoming 3DS titles featuring Nintendo IPs, I feel like it's probably quite likely.

Aaand they need to try and further develop their ties with High Voltage. Get them as either a second or even first party dev.

Posted Image

#8 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

If it means a new punch out Next level Games, I kinda forgot about NST since I haven't heard much from them except from that rumor a month or so ago. It would be interesting if they can bring a more western feel to Nintendo games. Who knows they could make a game that could feel like a a West meets Eastern game similar to what Xenoblade did, which brings me to Monolith should also be expanded.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F

#9 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

SEGA.
Trollface.jpg
Posted Image

#10 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

Monolith should also be expanded.

They're building a new team in Kyoto to create a 3DS game at this very moment.

What studio makes Pikmin? 'Cause that one.
Intelligent Systems is also a favorite of mine.

That's EAD4; they can just pull in people from other EAD teams if they need to. A few more people in EAD certainly wouldn't hurt, though.

Intelligent systems is coming out with three titles within a year (Pushmo, fire emblem 3ds, paper mario 3ds). I think they're big enough for the time being.

#11 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

SEGA.
Trollface.jpg

its funny cause your joking, but i for one would love to see nintendo buy out sega if they had the money to

Or at least get some of there franchises from them.

as far as which one of there studios needs expanding i would say retro and the legend of zelda team.

I would love to see legend of zelda more often it i would love to see what that team could do with a new ip.

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

That would actually be a pretty smooth move.
With Nintendo's help HV might be able to do something AAAAA and get a halo/uncharted.
Not sure how receptive HV would be, and not sure they have AAAAA possibilities, but they're more likely to than Retro imo.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:47 PM

I second this post. High Voltage needs some more resources to create better games. The Conduit has potential, I can see it.

That would actually be a pretty smooth move.
With Nintendo's help HV might be able to do something AAAAA and get a halo/uncharted.
Not sure how receptive HV would be, and not sure they have AAAAA possibilities, but they're more likely to than Retro imo.

What's with all this 'A' business? Is that how we rate games nowadays?

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:46 AM

http://www.eurogamer...a-console-title
It's a progression.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:48 AM

They should BUY sega.
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#16 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:49 AM

They should BUY sega.

Buying Sonic Team might be a good idea, but I dunno how well Sega's other studios would do under Nintendo. Sega is actually HUGE so I don't even want to imagine how much it would take to buy them entirely..

Posted Image

#17 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:19 AM

Buying Sonic Team might be a good idea, but I dunno how well Sega's other studios would do under Nintendo. Sega is actually HUGE so I don't even want to imagine how much it would take to buy them entirely..

Buying Sonic Team and leaving the rest to SEGA is a bad idea. Well it might please us(ALOT) But Sonic is SEGA's Mascot, and i doubt theyll give it to anyone unless they go with it.
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#18 mootap

mootap

Blooper

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:29 PM

Project Sora: I really love sakurai's games.they have so much depth and are painfully addictive
Intelligent Systems:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!