#1 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:04 AM

Konami showed a teaser trailer at E3 2011 of a new Contra game. Nothing fancy, just a build up to the "C" logo. If I'm not mistaken, nothing has been shown/said since then... almost a year later now. Let's assume it's coming to Wii U; here's a few questions for discussion:

- Do you prefer a new side-scrolling action/shooter a la Contra ReBirth or something similar to Gears of War and Army of Two?

- If you picked side-scroller, do you want digital distribution, retail, or both (assuming DD only means shorter game/less expensive).

- How would you implement the touchscreen controller for a side-scrolling shooter or a 3PS?

Here's the teaser, for anyone who missed it:

Here's a curveball for you guys: I would want it to be both a side-scroller and a 3PS, similar to the original Contra and Super C. Only I would have the 3PS levels be the main game and the side-scrolling levels be the transition levels. My 3PS maps would be sandbox style, a la Mario 64. In other words, you have an objective but how you get there is not linear. You would always have a partner (Human or CPU), and you would be able to track him on the map on your controller.

On the side-scrolling levels, I would have each level have two-three paths. One main path, one undergound, and maybe one above the main path. When you go off the main path, you drop off the TV and onto your controller. When your partner goes off the main path, you see his screen on your controller. It would be nice if the devs made the different paths significant in some way (weapons on different paths, etc.).

I would also have a health bar instead of the health re-gen BS. Unfortunately, having lives for the characters probably won't work bc one shot taking a life would be incredibly hard. Of course, you could have a health bar for each life.

Anyways, what do you guys think? Any ideas?

#2 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

Wasn't there some kind of confirmation that it would be on the 3DS? I dunno, I remember seeing that somewhere...

Posted Image

#3 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

Wasn't there some kind of confirmation that it would be on the 3DS? I dunno, I remember seeing that somewhere...

I have no idea... that would be cool too though.

#4 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

i love your ideas for this game. i was pretty excited when i saw this trailor too( i guess you could call it that haha) i hope it comes to wii u

Signature_Fox.png

#5 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

James Rolfe will become the Happy Video Game Nerd...
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!