Photo

Nintendo speaks out saying enjoy the games, don't focus on specs.

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

We all know there are a lot of conflicting rumours about the Wii U. It became so out of hand Nintendo stated this:

“We do not focus on technology specs. We understand that people like to dissect graphics and processing power, but the experience of playing will always be more important than raw numbers.”

Source: http://mynintendonew...njoy-the-games/
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#2 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

In other words, don't expect them to ever release the specs of the Wii U. Even at E3, they will probably not say anything. They will just show off their super funtastic great epic wonderfulistic games.
  • Tre likes this

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#3 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

Peeshaawww Nintendo who plays games now that a out of date concept you are going with ,Numbers are so much funner (sad thing im only partial joking),

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 04 April 2012 - 05:42 PM.

#4 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

Nintendo always says focus on the games, even when the N64 came out (which was more powerful then both Saturn/PS1), if the Wii U is truly 6x+ more powerful then current HD console then they will still say "focus on the games"

I just hope Nintendo knows they can make a super powerful console with amazing games.

#5 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

Nintendo always says focus on the games, even when the N64 came out (which was more powerful then both Saturn/PS1), if the Wii U is truly 6x+ more powerful then current HD console then they will still say "focus on the games"

I just hope Nintendo knows they can make a super powerful console with amazing games.

The main problem with Nintendo is that when they show specs(ala Gamecube) the other companies post less than honest specs that are not true in the least and it gives Nintendo console a bad rap.

#6 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

The main problem with Nintendo is that when they show specs(ala Gamecube) the other companies post less than honest specs that are not true in the least and it gives Nintendo console a bad rap.

That's true, I mean Sony lied at E3 2005 when they showed the Killzone 2 tech demo, they even said "every PS3 game will be full 1080p at 120fps", not ONE PS3 game supports that.

#7 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

Well this is true. I think Uncharted's graphics are beautiful, but I would rather play Skyward sword any day, just because it is so much funner in my opinion.
Posted Image

#8 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

In other words, don't expect them to ever release the specs of the Wii U. Even at E3, they will probably not say anything. They will just show off their super funtastic great epic wonderfulistic games.

No at E3 they will say specs but minor ones. Like "The WiiU will produce 1080p resolution and runs Unreal Engine 4." Then you can look up GPU, CPU, RAM, etc. on Wikipedia and gaming websites. They will have so much to show, and most people don't care about super specific fatcs. If they do they would go on the websites I listed.

#9 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

That's true, I mean Sony lied at E3 2005 when they showed the Killzone 2 tech demo, they even said "every PS3 game will be full 1080p at 120fps", not ONE PS3 game supports that.

.........dafuq?

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#10 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

Exactly. My thoughts exactly.

#11 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

.........dafuq?

Yeah when I heard that I was shocked.

#12 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

.........dafuq?

They got a hold of the prototype Wiiu (through a timewarp) and got confused thinking it was their new console.

#13 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

They got a hold of the prototype Wiiu (through a timewarp) and got confused thinking it was their new console.

Lol I wish.

#14 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

Nintendo won't reveal all the specs, but some tech site will open up the Wii U at launch and see whats inside for all of us to see.

LordPickleton.png

#15 Rossyboi22

Rossyboi22

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wario, Tour Guide BARBIE :3! And Mario

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

I agree with Nintendo. It doesn't really matter about specs in the end. People always want something to blow everything else out of the water, but the gaming experience is most important when it does come to gaming, not a shiny 1080p looking sword or fireball or whatever. It's all about how much fun you can have and which is going to allow you to have fun? Thinking about the amount of ram the console has, or playing a good Nintendo game? I go with Nintendo game!

#16 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

Eventually someone is going to open up the Wii U's hood and reveal it's specs worldwide.
I guess that's what Nintendo prefers?

Edited by Joshua, 04 April 2012 - 07:29 PM.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#17 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

Nintendo of america: hi everyone living under a very large , and may we add SOUNDPROOF one , wii u runs 1080p 60 fps games at highend pc level.

Idiots: niiice but i hate nintendo for no reason but i like to buy 7 xboxs a year.

Nintendo of america : ok your loss , you'll know when the inferior next gen consoles come out ( ps4 xbox720) :D ( evil reggie laugh)

^^^^^^^ pro lol

Signature_Fox.png

#18 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

Sigh. Nintendo needs to start acknowledging that specs do matter to Nintendo loyalists. Only because the specs determine if the Wii U will recieve third party ports and/or exlusives. Most people can't afford multiple consoles and people like me want to buy just one console next gen. However, if I can't get any good multiplats or sports games on my Wii U, I will need a PS4, etc.

When was the last time you had a Nintendo console as your only console that had all the games you wanted? The SNES? It was for me.

N64 used cartridges which lead to many developers skipping it for the cheaper CD manufacturing media. Nintendo lost out on Square and FF and it went to Sony.
GameCube was a beast that was better than the Xbox at some things, but it lost out on games like GTA and Final Fantasies and many JRPG's because of it's small disc size (1.5GB as opposed to the 4.7GB of a single DVD, and 9GB of a dual layer DVD)

The Wii was a GameCube with twice the amount of processor speed, 2x the RAM, and 2x the VRAM with motion controls. It didn't get any third party ports of the HD twins. It also lacked online.

Now the Wii U is in a position where it will match the competition in disc size, HD resolutions, and online. However, this is where specs matter. If the specs are too far below the PS4/720, then it will be the Wii all over again, where developers don't port their games over or give some lame ass excuse like "we can't think of any ideas for the unique controller" or "we would need to build it from the ground up for the Wii U because of it's architecture"

Fans like me care about the specs only for the multiplats. There has to be a balance of hardware and gameplay. If Nintendo goes cheap on hardware again do you know what will happen? It will be supported by thid parties for about a year, maybe 2 max, until the PS4 and 720 come out and then it will go the way of the Dreamcast and lose support and it will be all up to Nintendo to support it's own console.

I would be happy if the Wii U ends up being the PS2 of this generation, where even though it's the weakest, it still gets all the ports. I won't be happy if the PS4 ends up with 4x more RAM and VRAM and runs carp at 2048p or whatever. Nintendo can't screw this up. The Wii U could end up being the GameCube all over again if the specs aren't right. It will sell around 25 million, only the die hard nintendo fans and the kids will buy it, it will have great first and second party support, but minimal third party support and watered down ports. The lack of third party support will leave software droughts for Nintendo and Wii U gamers.

An average gamer (i'm pulling numbers out of my head here) buys at least one game a month. Now, unless Nintendo plans on releasing a first or second party game once a month for the entire Wii U life span it won't satisfy gamers. (Judging by the Wii and Gamecube era, that won't happen. Nintendo averaged maybe 3 or 4 high profile exclusives a year with those consoles). They will just end up getting another console to satisfy their craving as they await the next exclusive game for the Wii U. Compare that to a PS4 or Xbox 720 where you get at least 1 or 2 high profile games A MONTH, whether it be an exclusive, a third party game, or other type of game. Wii U owners won't have nothing to play during those time gaps between first party releases since third parties would adandon it.

So yes Nintendo, specs do matter, don't screw this up.

/rant

Edited by Tenkay23, 04 April 2012 - 08:11 PM.

Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#19 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

I would not expect any clear information unless another guy from 3ds's age steal one off the line, we got a ton of information early to that, otherwise, get a very unclear hardware expectation until well launch in Christmas'ish time (or whenever)
also, unless they are dirty pictures of some guys grubby hands on the console, do not believe rumors

of course, I'll partly agree to the response, if a dev made a game, and did whatever without caring about graphics, he might hit the wall that is the maximum system capabilities, so yes, power is a bit important, good sir's
:laugh:

#20 dmann

dmann

Blooper

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

I would love to know more about the specs of the wii u as much as the next guy, but to be honest I am more happy to know that I will be able to play my nintendo games in beautiful hd, with 1 hdmi cable as compared to all those component cables
Nintendo Network ID: dmann21
3DS Friend Code: 2750-1109-4924

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!