Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:21 AM

Yeah, I remember reading a post to that effect, it was very detectiveish, and pretty grounded, but I'm waiting for e3 to put myself in any rumour-boat.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#22 Daniel

Daniel

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

We're unsure for now, but it's likely to be more powerful than both of the two. I hope that is the pleasant surprise that Nintendo is talking about, or part of it.

#23 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

-

Edited by BassDropper, 05 September 2013 - 01:06 AM.

#24 Daniel

Daniel

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

This is why I made a thread for this sort of thing. People like to do this sort of thing though, I guess I'm okay with it. Have fun guys.

#25 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:04 AM

Yeah, I remember reading a post to that effect, it was very detectiveish, and pretty grounded, but I'm waiting for e3 to put myself in any rumour-boat.

Well thats an opinion which i can understand but cannot agree with.The detective work is what i do, and as accurate as possible, nothing is a bullseye here, it's all down who had the closest information to the real deal. Waiting for E3 is for me and others kind of a desperate refusal of the research / means that a person backs off the information shock that puts him in a confused state, which is why you see so many "lets wait for E3" posts / which i would attribute that to non-tech users who are easily confused up to a point that they do not want to participate in discussion or having these post outbreaks, which would also indicate immature behavior. I am not accusing the quoted with this, just saying generally ... how it is on the internet. We uncover more information and clues as time goes on, there are some specific dates which might be the points of interest or expectation of new information, but it doesnt happen by it self, you have to dig it, find it, the most important skill is know where to dig, if you dont know tech then others can decipher it, but most tech people are good with PCs and internet so they do pretty much them selfs ... once you get past that barrier and being self sufficient you get a whole lot more idea of the whole scope of the picture and missing pieces, the new information is then much easier to process and the whole thing becomes much less confusing. But this is not without effort .. when i started this seriously in february i had to take a full 2 weeks of all my free time (+ holidays) to read tons of material and research that i just understood basics of what happend before ... i know this process, i wasnt making any comments or posting on forums cause it's not fun or interesting to be doing that, especially not understanding other contributors. It took a full month for me to get an idea of this and for me to post something be actually worthwhile ... i did not knew about this site nor the other 5 wiiu blogs like 3 weeks ago.So thats why you have these general public people that go all ballistic with crazy opinions and conclusions, they dont know the full scope of the puzzles and the predicted picture that would pan out, they see this unconnected big hit pieces that end up in the mainstream media once in a while and people see a few of them throughout the year they obviously dont have idea to talk properly, you cant make conclusions from one single rumor thats the basics. And ill show you later what happend on shacknews a few days ago when i went ballistic instead! I cant link now im not on PC currently.In the end pretty much i dont care who believes our research and prediction, this is what i do for my self and share with the community aswell as many other tech savvy eager to take a challenge. 70% of neogaf users just read and talk nonsense over and over saying how waiting for e3 is the best decision for them but not for everyone. it's those handful active users that do all the work actually, community contributors ...To add another big reason ... E3 is a specific point where the rumors and confirmed info will be expected but ... this is where experience comes in ... there is almost ZERO chance that we'll get any confirmed detailed info about the hardware specs, but its a debateable issue, we dont know if someone will spill beans and leak more rumors out, we dont know what will be rumored ,it might be other components except CPU and GPU , we dont know and historically nintendo never published complete full details until release of the console it self / so don-t hang on E3 like it will 100% be answer to everything, the only thing well know before E3 is whats on E3 ... but the specifics that nintendo wont say in the conference will get out after E3 but that might be days or weeks. It's fairly unpredictable what info and what details well get on the hardware specs, obviously one thing that remains is the chance that nintendo decides to release some of that info which i think its a good idea if they dont want bad news to be spreading all the way to consoles release.that's why the say goes: jurney is the destinationE3 is a serious load of time away, most gamers say that everywhere just to make their time appear shorter because unknowingly theyre being bored but theyre also unpatient beacause of the tasting information ... relax , this is the best thing to do for a tech person, and its a lot of fun doing it ... cause if it wont be i wouldnt be posting here saying this .. would probably move to another worthwhile subject around the industy cause im definitely not sitting here doing nothing except talking about it. I wasnt active at all like all the time ... it-s like a month i came to the wiiu stuff seriously .. i was noticing the info before but wasnt focusing my work on it cause i just had other thing at the time and thats how it goes ... and i know bgassasin has the same exact opinion about this ... some weird guy was bugging him on beyond3d and he said he was doing it just for the tech of it for wiiu and then he'll be gone .. and so am i, i can confirm that i wont be working for PS4 or x720 tech and speculation research because i am not a fan of those consoles nor companies thus do not plan to ever buy those products. One console alongside a powerful PC is enough for me, financially and practically.

The facepalm actually doesnt apply to the topic / but to the accuracy of the video.

The point is that the OP only had good and accurate intention but the video is sadly loosely based on the old rumors that the GPU is just taken of shelf and put in there. The video does not explain the full scope of the research that goes on neogaf and beyond3d as well as these wiiu blogs and communty - i dont think there is such a video that represents the predictions to the full extent so well have to make one.

For the accompanied context behind the facepalm i have to not agree since this RV770 rumor is valid, its not what the final hardware will be since its it will be a custom chip beyond recognition to any specific PC part, but the hard research will enable us to make an equivalent in technology and power which will happen only after the console is released and they can open it up forcefully. The equivalent will be reported around the internet and itll be standard knowledge later when it happens, but it doesnt MEAN that they thrown the same exact thing inside. The "based on" attribute doesnt mean its based on the retail PC part but that its based on the chips architecture, they improve it but they wont go make this from ground up as its a costly business but nintendo seemingly might take this approach as we hear the development started in 2009 so its not really that far fetched, so in the end it-s based on an existing architecture and modified beyond recognition to any other PC chip ... nintendo has its own recearch which helps AMD so theyre working together. With that said ... its becoming increasingly doubtful that the final hardware would resemble something of RV770, either seriously upgraded or not that at all, because that goes against nintendos philosophy, while HD4800 series were very powerful at the time and started the trend of ATI fooground into the market, those were also very hot and very power inefficient. I had that card for 2 years. It really is interesting how the market also predicted wii2 to happen early ... i think nintendo started planning on the rv770 but then the industry wanted to delay the whole next gen shift, thus the original might have been scrapped or partly scrapped but who knows, the next series becomes more plausible because the HD5000 series had massive improvements with idle power consumption, power efficiency (performance per watt) and heat. It goes against the logic to base off an older much more crappier design than the HD5000 which was in development at ATI as the alledge wiiu GPU started early preparations. This, while it doesnt confirm anything, fits well in with the multiple display technology Eyefinity which came with the HD5000 series is just a better output tech so it all fits well with the nintendos multiple screens idea, lets also mention that nintendo admitted that 2 screens muplitplayer is important after e3 media worriness, so they upped the hardware on this also, not to mention 3D stereoscopic support as well, cant more fit with the overheating rumors at E3 2011 as the RV770 was notorious for that over any other ATI card. The thraktors HD7770 feels more likey the best case scenario equivalent, not the same thing as we doubt ATIs GCN tech will be on WiiU, no such info was found indicating that, so my own quick equivalent might be somewhere in the upper middle of HD5000 series which i saw somewhere else but didnt save and forgot where or which page ... tough when i get to the PC at home ill see more details about te 5000 series since i dot exactly know which one has around the 1TF performance mark on there.

We already know its over one teraflop and thus more powerful than PS360.

Nobody would buy the console if it's below PS360, as well as other simple reasons in this time and age ... even i would hesitate to buy it.

The technology level is probably very high / modern but i dont believe its ATIs GCN (graphics core next)
The process is smallest as possible as nintendo likes cool and power efficientcy / lower mass production costs.

But the raw numbers wont be pushed to its limits of what the hardware could do. Thats what they mean / comparing the tech level to the wii / it-ll be day and night.

Sry for grammar im typing from mobile.
Posted Image

#26 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:37 AM

Does this even matter?

Like, really?

We all know that the Wii U is indefinitely more powerful than the PS3 and the Xbox360.

How come every time I walk into this sub-forum, there always has to be a new topic to justify this?

What, we can't wait for an unsuspecting troll to come in and get pummeled then?

Why does it have to be now?

WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE ME?!

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#27 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

Long post

#28 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

Short post

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#29 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:53 AM

I was tired of hearing those haters that state in the name of an "experienced gamer" that the Wii U will be less powerful than PS360. In fact, it'll be probably at least as powerful as next gens. That's why I searched a bit on the Internet and found a guy that explains why.
It may be a bit hard to understand but well. WATCH IT ENTIRELY.

Posted Image

#30 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:56 AM

I know you are trying to do good, but someone already posted this video. :P

LordPickleton.png

#31 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:33 AM

this guys videos are funny but u cant take seriously what he says in all his videos.. He is not bad but he is trying.

1) He doesn't know that directx belongs only to microsoft, so only to xbox.
2) He doesn't know that the gpus and cpus, get modified before they add them into a console
3) he speaks about the most extreme leaks, that there is no need to speak about.. (Eg.. Ps4 will have a 7950 gpu.. is the biggest joke ever seen in a video).
4) He also believe that mobile devices (ipad, iphone, smartphones) will beat the consoles in a few years.

so I disagree in many things with him.. but fun to watch.

#32 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:41 AM

Yah that 7950 gpu is extremely expensive at the moment and would be suicide for sony and orbis. But whats interesting is that when comparing the ps4 orbis and wii u's heavily rumored specs besides that ridiculous 7950 gpu , THE WII U CAME OUT ON TOP . But things are subject to change

Signature_Fox.png

#33 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:45 AM

Yeah too early to tell. PS4 and Next X-Box are still riddled with tech rumors, just like Wii U. People are trying to compare alleged apples with alleged oranges.

Wii U could be very powerful, but it could also be on par with PS4 and 360 (but God I hope not).
The point is, nobody on the outside really knows. Rumors are rumors and comparing them can only be taken for entertainment value, not fact.

#34 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

honestly the proof that wii u is more powerful than ps360 came out just after last E3 when all the third party devs said its more powerful, i dont know why people didnt just take that as proof.
Posted Image

#35 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

honestly the proof that wii u is more powerful than ps360 came out just after last E3 when all the third party devs said its more powerful, i dont know why people didnt just take that as proof.

They don't trust developers all they trust is anonymous sources. :)

LordPickleton.png

#36 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

One would think the Wii U being more powerful that the 360/PS3 is a given. We'll know at E3 though.
Posted Image

#37 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

One would think the Wii U being more powerful that the 360/PS3 is a given. We'll know at E3 though.

Why do you all think that Nintendo will release the specs of the wii u at E3?

28gxdv8.png

#38 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

Nice video. Just watched this yesterday and he is right on the dot.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#39 Tekno

Tekno

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft, MMO's, Paper Mario,

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

*Sniff* I'm so proud......
Posted Image

#40 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

Why do you all think that Nintendo will release the specs of the wii u at E3?

Now that I think about it no. But we might get conclusive evidence in some form.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!