• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#1 Falco

Falco

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:56 AM

what must nintendo do in order to be successful at this year e3.

#2 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:16 AM

ReLease a new desIgn for the console, show the games for it show its full power abd have developers behind them

Signature_Fox.png

#3 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

A lot

#4 Metroid

Metroid

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

Show games like Pikmin 3, Star Fox, Super Mario and/or F-Zero, and what hardcoreUfan said.

#5 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

As tron said..... A LOT.

The first thing they need to do is seal the deal with the 3DS. Announce tons of release dates for already announced games, and then announce a couple of AAA releases for the holiday season and beyond. We know they have at least Mario up their sleeve in that regard; they probably have at least one or two more they're ready to announce.

But the big thing is the Wii U, obviously. Specs need to be heavily detailed. A ton of first party games need to be shown, some big name franchises (like Mario) and some new ones. Third party games need to be a big part of the press conference; show off actual trailers for some of them, and not just a video showcasing a dozen or so of them (though they can do that as well). The launch lineup needs to be shown, not just hinted at. Have a roundtable discussing the online features and games, showing that Nintendo's truly getting aggressive in the online space.

There's probably something else important, but I dunno what that would be.

#6 double D 215

double D 215

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

ReLease a new desIgn for the console, show the games for it show its full power abd have developers behind them

Why do you think they need to change the console?

#7 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

Here are my thought's on what I think Nintendo need's to do. Show Gamer's that the Wii U is next Gen,have a different Taplet design and show details about its online structure. Reveal some First party title's Mario,Pikmin 3,a casual game ala Wii Sports and hopefully Retro's game. Lastly show some 3DS game's and a lot of third party game's for Wii U/3DS. :)
Posted Image

#8 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

Why do you think they need to change the console?

it looks too much like the wii , was in prototype stage last time, and it just doesn't scream fresh and new like the wii did compared to the gamecube. i just want to see something that looks really new

Edited by hardcoreUfan, 30 March 2012 - 05:41 PM.

Signature_Fox.png

#9 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:17 PM

WiiU: WiiU colors, Graphics Presentation, Games, Specs, Name, Changes, Features, Release Date.

3ds: New Features, New Games, Changes

Isn't there a thread like this already?

#10 DreadGodsHand

DreadGodsHand

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

i want to see exclusive games: first and third parties. wii u specs, and online feature specs. and change where they put the plus, minus, and home buttons. it looks like you would have to stretch extremely far to hit them.

but, that's what i want to see. all they really need to do to have a successful E3, is to show off GREAT exclusive games.

p.s. i would love to play my ds and 3ds games on the wii u!

#11 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

Oh yes, I forgot about the Online this will be a great E3.

#12 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

i want to see exclusive games: first and third parties. wii u specs, and online feature specs. and change where they put the plus, minus, and home buttons. it looks like you would have to stretch extremely far to hit them.

but, that's what i want to see. all they really need to do to have a successful E3, is to show off GREAT exclusive games.

p.s. i would love to play my ds and 3ds games on the wii u!

Nintedo allowing third-parties to shine a little with heavy emphasis on hardcore titles. Then, stealing the spot light back with Revolutionary IP'S of their own.

#13 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:10 PM

Wii U: ok launch games first party launch games. im talking NEW IP'S. they have to show off the graphical capabilities. they have to show that this console is way more powerful than ps3. big third party exclusive surprise. online, console final design all controller functionality. COST/RELEASE DATE!!!! these two are most important! im thinking the console will launch between august and october no later.

3DS: i actually love my 3ds and im dying for a f-zero... i seriously will lose it if they not only announce but show a trailer for f-zero 3d. but yeah AAA titles for 3ds they need to go ahead and drop the hammer on vita while they have the chance and upper hand. thats about it for me.

#14 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:45 AM

It wouldn't take much for them to statisfy me, but it would take a lot to statisfy the non-fans/mainstream audience and fans that weren't statisfied with the Wii.

Make the console and controller look attrective and anno 2012: people nowadays want something that looks fresh. While a lot of people like the Wii style, it has been around for almost 6 years. More colours than white would certainly help: a black or even a silver one would look more mature and expensive. I don't understand why there was never a silver Wii.

Make the graphics look actually next-gen (hey look, we have the 'something new' aspect again) so that there will be a clear difference between PS360 consoles, but they should try to keep the console as cheap as possible (I'm thinking $350). Nobody would buy a $600 Nintendo console.

Give it online capabilities that is at least on par with PS360. That means: no friend-codes, easy online-shopping, voicechat, easy accesible friendlist, connect with Twitter/Facebook/other social media (you know how popular they are nowadays).

Not too much focus on the touchscreen controller (people might see it as a gimmick instead of a useful feature) and think well about the name. People do not want a Wii that has a touchscreen, they want a NEW next-gen console.

Mix hardcore and casual aspects: let hardcore gamers know that the controller isn't a stupid gimmick, that it is a true next-gen console with lots of hardcore games coming out, but mainly advertise with the casual aspect. Families playing in living rooms and stuff. But not overexeggerate it ilke with Wii.

Show some creative ideas so that people will think "I need a Wii U!"

Strong launch line-up.

I think most of this is obvious, but you get the idea. I think the Wii U will do well, but not as well as Wii, simply thanks to the market nowadays. It will be a must-have if it contains above statements.
No sig.

#15 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:02 AM

Change the Mii Style like on my thread.

#16 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

I agree with the not too much emphasis on the controller. This thing will sell only if the controller is seen as an integrated control system that enhances the graphical and gameplay experience and not the selling feature of the console.

Edited by lucario23, 31 March 2012 - 05:52 PM.

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

All I need is a new Mario (For Wii U) in 2013, any sooner and I'll be over-mario'd.
I'm already reaching breaking point with the 3DS one coming up.
Ideally, The Wii U will have New Super Mario Bros. Mii for launch, with the promise of downloadable content once per year (I'd pay), with the 3DS New Super Mario Bros. coming in March, which is the latest they can put it out given Iwata said it'd be coming in fiscal 2012.

Everything else is a bonus.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#18 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:44 AM

Yeah they are kind of overusing Mario I'm affraid but then again, there's not a Mario (platform) game I don't find brilliant so I'm fine with it. Especially a new 2D Mario always excites me a lot. However I think it would be smarter to release a 2D one on Wii U first instead of 3DS, but seeing the 3DS one is already confirmed..
No sig.

#19 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

Wii U: Show it in a manner that will not confuse people, showing it in a way that is truly a next gen system. This requires Nintendo to show off Third party support and comparing the Wii U version with the ps3/360 version to show what is different between the versions. Show of exclusive games for the System from Third parties that are appealing to a wide array of people to show it is a system for everyone. Show off the the Nintendo Network, showing it as a online infrastructre that can compete with xbox live, psn. Show it has Stream support and possible origin support if the rumors are true. Show off first party titles that will come on the release, these games need to be games that can attract people. It dosen't have to be Mario, Zelda but could be new ips are old ips reborn (or a Metroid game). Show the Nintendo Network is going to launch on the day the console launches. Interaction between the 3DS and Wii U needs to be shown and can be done through things like the Nintendo Network. Also give the launch details of the system such as date, price launch line up.

3DS: Bring out even more games for it that can appeal to the east and the West, such as an FPS/TPS for the 3DS or an Action-adventure, RPG.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#20 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

if they are going to be mixing audiences, then there needs to be hardcore presentation every other casual presentation, not mixing but a few times for major showoff's
:laugh:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii U Hardware

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!