#1 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:09 AM

Ever since Microsoft bought Rare for 310 million(i think) its all been down hill for the company, they haven't really produced anything spectacular and most of their staff have resigned. Now they apparently makeing all the kinect motion sports games.

The company wouldn't be worth as much now and probably won't be able to reproduce the same amount of quality back in the 90's but still do you think it would be a good idea to get Rare back, or at least get some of their top staff to work for Nintendo or Retro Studios.

Edited by AndyG, 15 April 2012 - 02:37 PM.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#2 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:21 AM

The staff that worked for RARE back in the days who made those memorable games are all but gone now.
I wouldn't see a reason for Nintendo to buy them back unless they plan to restore them back to their prime.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#3 flc

flc

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Fandom:
    Whomever makes quality, cheap material

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:36 AM

"buy back rare", implying that they would be getting back the same thing they sold

rareware is dead, has been for a while now. ever since the brothers stamper and so on left the building, they have been a shadow of their former selves. it's one of the saddest tales in the gaming development community.

it's like what happens to companies that EA buys except it wasn't EA that messed with everything
Currently Playing: Mario Kart Wii, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Dungeon Defenders
Waiting for: Mario Tennis Open, Borderlands 2
Imperious clan (MKW, KI:U, MTO) leader & founder.

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:01 AM

^ usually I'm the first to say that, glad to see two others beat me to it.

Nintendo have enough IP's, they don't need conker and other sub-par IP's, and the talent is gone, so why waste that amount of money?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:13 AM

maybe rare could do some 3rd party support (iseealoopholehere)
:laugh:

#6 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:06 AM

The only thing I would say would be the IP that rare have, they were making some awesome looking game, but were cancelled due to Microsoft wanting them to do other game, I believe.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#7 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:17 AM

Yup Yup... Rare all gone... :(
If anyone is still using the name over there, it's a trick.
The important, original staff are all bye bye.

#8 Holloweaver

Holloweaver

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Fandom:
    Buck Bumble - and many more... ;)

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:55 AM

nope!
but if possible they should buy the rights to Blastcorps and Jet Force Gemini B)

#9 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

I was thinkin about that at the moment. wow... Anyway, I love Rare since they made StarFox Adventures, but I think they're just doomed. (Gosh I hate to use that word)
Posted Image

#10 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:21 AM

I was thinkin about that at the moment. wow... Anyway, I love Rare since they made StarFox Adventures, but I think they're just doomed. (Gosh I hate to use that word)

They pretty much are......or at least Microsoft isn't giving them the chance to make great games and make use of there old IPs.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#11 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

To be honest, I think Nintendo should buy Rare. They could transfer some staff from their other companies to it. It would be great to play Banjo-Kazooie on the Wii U! :)

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#12 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

To be honest, I think Nintendo should buy Rare. They could transfer some staff from their other companies to it. It would be great to play Banjo-Kazooie on the Wii U! :)

No, Microsoft has their exclusives and Nintendo has theirs.

#13 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

i would rather them just purchase the old ip's rare has. i love alot of the franchises rare owns

#14 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

No, Microsoft has their exclusives and Nintendo has theirs.

So, you wouldn't like a new Banjo-Kazooie on the Wii U and no Conker what-so-ever? Would you really want to have the same old stuff again and again. It's better to buy Rare and have more franchises.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#15 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

So, you wouldn't like a new Banjo-Kazooie on the Wii U and no Conker what-so-ever? Would you really want to have the same old stuff again and again. It's better to buy Rare and have more franchises.

Derp, no.
How about Microsoft buys retro Yay!
HELL NO.

It's not gonna happen anyways.

#16 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:44 AM

Derp, no.
How about Microsoft buys retro Yay!
HELL NO.

It's not gonna happen anyways.

How old are you? considering most of rare's amazing ip's are before alot of peoples time on this website i assume this is why the younger gamers could care less about rare.

Personally i thought killer instinct was one of the best fighters of its time. and conker and banjo kazooie are amazing platforms that offer a different variety of gameplay than most other platforms besides mario

#17 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

How old are you? considering most of rare's amazing ip's are before alot of peoples time on this website i assume this is why the younger gamers could care less about rare.

Personally i thought killer instinct was one of the best fighters of its time. and conker and banjo kazooie are amazing platforms that offer a different variety of gameplay than most other platforms besides mario

Rare did have amazing IPs. But "the staff that worked for Rare back in the days who made those memorable games are all but gone now"-Joshua. We don't need Banjo Kazooie and Conker. Nintendo is fine. I like Conker but those staff are just dead and gone.

#18 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

Rare did have amazing IPs. But "the staff that worked for Rare back in the days who made those memorable games are all but gone now"-Joshua. We don't need Banjo Kazooie and Conker. Nintendo is fine. I like Conker but those staff are just dead and gone.

i dont care about the staff, i would only want the ip's and they have more to offer than just banjo and conker.

like i said they have killer instinc hell they have one of the best and hardest beat em up's ever battletoads.

Rare has alot more to offer than just those two and there ip's are worth getting in my opinion.

#19 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

We don't need Banjo Kazooie

don't need Banjo Kazooie

Banjo Kazooie

Somebody either shoot him or me...please. I'm fairly certain my brain turned to slush after reading this.

Nintendo doesn't need to buy back Rare so much as buy some of their IPs, such as Killer Instinct, Banjo Kazooie, and (even though I hate the series with a fervor) Conker. As for Rare themselves...they were declared dead the moment Nintendo sold them.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#20 Generic Hero

Generic Hero

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • NNID:GenericHero
  • Fandom:
    Star Trek

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

and (even though I hate the series with a fervor) Conker.

May I ask why you hate Conker?

Woe is I, who haft been unprepared. I hath entered a sanctuary of forbidden to the eyes of men. 

My eyes shall burn with the images of that which I had seen. Far beyond my comprehension, a ritual. I hath seen them dance and sing.

For they danced and sang with a passion no longer held by my kind. And when such ritual hath concluded I was awakened to the meaning of it all.

I was enlightened to passion of the other kind. finally, I sayth to myself.

"Mine being hath been prepared"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!