Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

May I ask why you hate Conker?

It seems to me, that all it banks on is being vulgar, with very little worthwhile gameplay.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#22 Generic Hero

Generic Hero

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • NNID:GenericHero
  • Fandom:
    Star Trek

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

It seems to me, that all it banks on is being vulgar, with very little worthwhile gameplay.

I see, I think of it as just a parody. It's good in the same say that Spaceballs or any other satire is good.

Woe is I, who haft been unprepared. I hath entered a sanctuary of forbidden to the eyes of men. 

My eyes shall burn with the images of that which I had seen. Far beyond my comprehension, a ritual. I hath seen them dance and sing.

For they danced and sang with a passion no longer held by my kind. And when such ritual hath concluded I was awakened to the meaning of it all.

I was enlightened to passion of the other kind. finally, I sayth to myself.

"Mine being hath been prepared"

#23 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

I see, I think of it as just a parody. It's good in the same say that Spaceballs or any other satire is good.

~shrugs~ To each their own.

GameZombie44.png

#24 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

I still have Battletoads for snes by them...

#25 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:22 AM

Buy back Rare? No, it would just be a waste of money.

Buy Rare IP's? Hell yes! I want a REAL sequel to Banjo-Tooie.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#26 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

Story mode's presentation was pretty cool with the whole parody effect. i agree the gameplay isn't that amazing.

But what made conker a beast was the multiplayer. so many hours were put into that multiplayer by me.

#27 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

Story mode's presentation was pretty cool with the whole parody effect. i agree the gameplay isn't that amazing.

But what made conker a beast was the multiplayer. so many hours were put into that multiplayer by me.

Well, nobody in this house really likes to play multiplayer, so...yeah.

I admit that the story's presentation was rather ahead of its time, but it seemed to me that the game really banked on just being vulgar.

GameZombie44.png

#28 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

Well, nobody in this house really likes to play multiplayer, so...yeah.

I admit that the story's presentation was rather ahead of its time, but it seemed to me that the game really banked on just being vulgar.

Ah then i see how conker just simply isnt the type of game for you.

But nonetheless i respect that you can understand that its a valuable enough ip for Nintendo to pick up as well as the other franchises rare owns

#29 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

Thats unnecesarry, you don't nEed to, say shoot me just because I disagree with your opinions, cmon.

Somebody either shoot him or me...please. I'm fairly certain my brain turned to slush after reading this.

Nintendo doesn't need to buy back Rare so much as buy some of their IPs, such as Killer Instinct, Banjo Kazooie, and (even though I hate the series with a fervor) Conker. As for Rare themselves...they were declared dead the moment Nintendo sold them.

#30 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

Im sure Rare would probably sell there IP'S since they probably don't have a big enough budget to make another Banjo-Kazooie or Perfect Dark game.
Really all they did after they jumped ship was make Banjo-Kazooie:Nut's & bolts which was apparently good but wan't as good as the original or its sequel, and with Perfect Dark all they did was re-release the classic Perfect Dark with HD graphics(but it still had quite a few of the nigels from the original).
Nows theres nothing wrong with releasing a an old game with a bit of graphical clean up slapped on but really they didn't use their IP's for good use at all.
So i think just getting the IP'S would be the best(and safest method), unless Microsoft says they can't.

That would be devastating
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#31 3DS Strider

3DS Strider

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    Retrogames,Tokusatsu,Transformers

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

I just want another Killer Instinct. Another Conker would be good, but not in Nintendo's hands. Frankly, I've never cared for Banjo-Kazooie. It was just a rip-off of Mario 64, which I didn't particularly like.
Also on 3DS Forums and Racketboy. I am not an iodit.

#32 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

Thats unnecesarry, you don't nEed to, say shoot me just because I disagree with your opinions, cmon.

Didn't mean it as an attack. But I find it very unreasonable to state that "we don't need ___ series", as there's plenty of fans for just about every series that Rare has made. Have you even tried it?

GameZombie44.png

#33 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

Didn't mean it as an attack. But I find it very unreasonable to state that "we don't need ___ series", as there's plenty of fans for just about every series that Rare has made. Have you even tried it?

We dont need b&k but buying other Ip's would be great and I've tried it.

#34 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

We dont need b&k but buying other Ip's would be great and I've tried it.

Well, if that's the case...

We don't need Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Resistance, Gears of War, or Call of Duty, cause I do not like those, therefore they should simply stop making them.

GameZombie44.png

#35 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

Well, if that's the case...

We don't need Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Resistance, Gears of War, or Call of Duty, cause I do not like those, therefore they should simply stop making them.

Yeah...

#36 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

Yeah...

so why wouldn't rare titles be welcomed by you?

#37 gonzo2222

gonzo2222

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

If you miss rare and the awsome games they used to make with nintendo like conkers bad fur day or banjo kazooie or donkey kong 64 or perfect dark please go here and vote now if we get enough votes nintendo might buy rare back from microsoft
http://www.ign.com/b...eeie.452493344/
Thank You!!!
I think Nintendo would attract more consumers this way and have more variety and more things to work with i believe we can make a difference if we go onto the links on that youtube page onto those petitions and vote so that Nintendo can buy back rare ive emailed Nintendo!

#38 dkrumble725

dkrumble725

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Fandom:
    Chrono Trigger, SMT, DKC, and alot more.

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:29 PM

Rare isn't what it used to be. They made some of my favorite games on Nintendo consoles. The last good one they made was Starfox Adventures. Then Microsoft got their hands on it and something... happened... Pardon me for the pun, but there is a *rare* chance of them making another Conker's Bad Fur Day or Donkey Kong Country in their present state. I don't think Rare is worth the investment. Once again, sorry for the pun. NO! SERIOUSLY!! I'M SORRY!!!! WAIT, WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THAT KINECT!?!?!? OH FUUUUUUUUUU----XP
Posted Image
I SHALL PASS WITH RAMBI

#39 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:32 PM

Banjo... :(

#40 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:45 PM

Nintendo just needs to buy the rights to Banjo Kazooie which was an amazing series.

Banjo... :(

I miss you Banjo. :blush:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!