#41 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:18 PM

Rare was my childhood and I am only 13. Great company, that Rare.

Yes, Rare is no longer the same company, but did you guys ever consider that buying Rare would allow for some great Virtual Console support?
Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#42 swordx

swordx

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Kid Icarus, Metroid, Nintendo

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

Well, if that's the case...

We don't need Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Resistance, Gears of War, or Call of Duty, cause I do not like those, therefore they should simply stop making them.

I agree with you 100% except for Gears of War. I love Gears of War.

I'd like for Nintendo to buy Rare's IP's, as I've never played Banjo or Conker.

If Nintendo were to buy a full company, they'd be better off with Sega. Sonic has been going downhill, and I think it's to the point where only the best gaming company of all time, Nintendo, can bring it back from the brink of destruction.

Posted Image

BIGGEST ZELDA AND KID ICARUS FAN - SWORDX

If you have a problem with this message, call 1-800-CRY-BABY

#43 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

Wow. Jet Force Gemini. Forgot it existed... I remember playing that game a lot, along with Banjo Kazooie. Of course I was pretty young back then and got too frustrated to beat them haha. I don't know why Nintendo sold Rare to begin with. While Nintendo "has enough IPs" good ones like Banjo still deserve to be made... Especially since all Nintendo seems to care about are lazy Mario rehashes lately.
Posted Image

#44 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:33 AM

technically Shigeru Miyamoto from Nintendo is best known as the creator of some of the most successful video game franchises of all time, including Mario, Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda, Star Fox, F-Zero, Pikmin, and the Wii series.

when nintendo sold rare to microsoft, microsoft only got banjo kazookie series, conker series, Goldeneye and Perfect Dark series

while nintendo got Donkey Kong,series The Legend of Zelda series, Star Fox series

yes Nintendo should get buy back rare for banjo kazookie series, conker series,

#45 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:37 AM

NO, they should get Rare's original dev team and make a new dev company. Rare is no longer the Rare we once knew.

#46 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

Yeah, Kirhope and friends. Ninty should not buy rare back

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#47 Ninty64X

Ninty64X

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Fandom:
    MST3K, Animation, Metal Gear, OddWorld

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

I don't think they should buy Rare back, BUT Rare's IPs, like Banjo Kazooie, Conker, and Perfect Dark should be bought back. It would be amazing if Retro Studios collaborated with some of the old Rare members to make a Wii U Banjo Kazooie game.

On the hunt for her dad's killer, she learns she needs to step up her game. It's time to unleash some superpowers. - Netflix's amazing Kill La Kill description

#48 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

they couldn't buy it even if they wanted to, MS wouldn't sell it.

#49 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

technically Shigeru Miyamoto from Nintendo is best known as the creator of some of the most successful video game franchises of all time, including Mario, Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda, Star Fox, F-Zero, Pikmin, and the Wii series.

when nintendo sold rare to microsoft, microsoft only got banjo kazookie series, conker series, Goldeneye and Perfect Dark series

while nintendo got Donkey Kong,series The Legend of Zelda series, Star Fox series

yes Nintendo should get buy back rare for banjo kazookie series, conker series,

I don't believe Rare was ever owned by Nintendo, they did intrust them with their famous IP Donkey Kong but as far as i know they were never second party.

Edited by AndyG, 01 April 2013 - 10:56 PM.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#50 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:37 PM

Most of their devs have left,This there is no profit to be made.

Signature_DK.png

#51 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:55 AM

I don't believe Rare was ever owned by Nintendo, they did intrust them with their famous IP Donkey Kong but as far as i know they were never second party.

Nintendo owned 51% of Rare at one time, making them second party, then Microsoft bought the other 49%, and Nintendo gave in and sold them their share, making Rare a first party Dev for micro.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#52 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:39 AM

The only reason i see they would is too see Battletoads,Conkers, and perfect dark back on Nintendo consoles.

The people that actually worked on epic games like the Donkey Kong series on Snes are gone for good.

#53 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:50 AM

the 1st Donkey Kong series in 1981 -  before November 21, 1994 was created Nintendo without any help from Rare. Rare only start helping as second party  with Nintendo to develop Donkey Kong series at the start of Donkey Kong country series which in November 21, 1994

there was a time before Rare started producing donkey Kong games

mario was known as Jumpman in donkey kong series 1981 and this before rare started producing any donkey kong games because rare only started producing games in for donkey kong in 1994, because Nintendo were main company producing donkey kong series before 1994 and still are

#54 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

I would Love it if they bought rare again, It would be awesome seeing "Donkey Kong 64 HD remake"

#55 Joshua West

Joshua West

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Sonic the Hedgehog, Fire Emblem

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

They don't need to buy rare, just buy their IP's and get on making Diddy Kong Racing 2 and Perfect Dark WiiU

#56 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

rare may help nintendo to make these games like starfox and donkey Kong games as secondary developer but shigeru miyamoto is creator of mario, zelda, pikmin, starfox and donkey Kong games, plus when rare when sold to Microsoft, Rare only got rights to perect dark, conker, Killer Instinct,and Banjo Kazooie, while nintendo gain the rights to the rest. beside the donkey kong series started in 1981  while the rare franchise started in 1985 plus only stepped in to help nintendo as secondary developer when donkey Kong country November 21, 1994 started so theres a 13 yrs gap with out help from Rare for nintendo games for donkey kong series or how did u think Nintendo still making donkey kong games today like donkey kong country returns on wii and 3ds and remake of diddy kong racing on the ds, plus donkey kong are always in mario kart games, mario party,  mario sport games and super smash bros as playable characters. also starfox sega started in 1993 and only rare stepped in to help nintendo as secondary developer when star fox adventures started so theres 9 yr gap gap with out help from Rare for nintendo games for starfox series, how did u think Nintendo still making starfox games today like starfox on wiiu and remake of starfox 64 on the 3ds, there was starfox command on ds, plus starfox characters are in super smash bros series as playable characters. Also remake of goldeneye for Nintendo Wii

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!