Photo

Leviathyn Article Claiming Several Yet Unseen rumors about Wii U - source ?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

so wii U will come with 640 SPU???? if thats true, then is not going to be less powerful than ps4... excuse me! is going to be the same power! And better cpu... My fear is if wii u comes will less than 400 spus.. I hope for 500, but this articles, speak about 640 spus... ! that up to 4-5 times better than ps3 and xbox360... 1.3 teraflop... So its not just customized for unreal engine 4.. is going to run flawless...

As for the hard disk, I dont want to buy nintendos patent for one basic reason... I still remember the theft microsoft did with 16gigs of hdd for 80 euro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! while we could buy a 1 terabyte at that price... So Hopefully we can buy our own and plug it in..

There is no indication that western digital will be branding their HDDs for WiiU

I guess nintendo's policy is not that of microsoft's - they will not block other HDDs from connecting, it's not kind of a way they do stuff - it's essentialy a pure marketing business if they do since there's no technical barrier and i don't think it's a good idea either.

Also - i hope it's USB3

Edited by Stewox, 18 April 2012 - 11:15 PM.

Posted Image

#22 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

Stream processors don't mean anything. Its no longer a counting game. You also have to know what archetecture they're running and what speed etc they have been set at. Perfect example is the GTX680 (amazing card), it has 3x the amount of CUDA cores than the 580, it does not have three times the performance because the clock speed for those CUDA cores is lower than the last gens cores.

If the rumour about runnig a R6900 series you is TRUE, then we gave a power house here. This does also mean the console can easily handle 4 controllers, im not sure if it was the 6970 or 6990 that could run hawx2 on 5 HD monitors in eyefinity, so four controllers is not much of a problem

#23 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

You assume there will be a PS4...Its not guarenteed. In 1 or 2 years sony could disappear. If you have done your research you would have fond that they lost $6.4 BILLION last year which is 1/3 of their companys worth and they predict the will lose that again this year...thats losing 2/3 of your companies value in 2 years...If they arent extremly careful they will disappear. Personally I dont buy Sony stuff so it wont effect me lol. But just stating facts. Also with the Vita hacking where hackers made it so you can play ANY PS3 game on the Vita for free....well Sony is in trouble.

There is a topic about sony actually.. And the sony president said, they will be sad but necessary announcements from the company soon enough.. and they will probably stop a couple of products.. But from what Ive seen in ps4... is going to be inferior than Wii U, I mean, less features and about the same horse power in games... whatever the marketing freaks speak about.. or the journalists... A8-3850 is good enough for a console, but its away to weak compared with the wii U cpu.. in retail costs about 70... so I assume they got a good bargain for it... 2-3 euro per piece... The gpu is identical with 6670... it does not offer u something different, but only lower power consumption...

If ps4 supports 4 controllers with screen, the one gpu is going to be dedicated for the controllers.. (4 splits.. eyefinity) and without virtual gameplay.. And the economic problems sony got, I dont believe orbis will demand internet access to play the games (like xbox720 ) a part of DRM... because if they put restrictions, it may not sale... its a risk...

Stream processors don't mean anything. Its no longer a counting game. You also have to know what archetecture they're running and what speed etc they have been set at. Perfect example is the GTX680 (amazing card), it has 3x the amount of CUDA cores than the 580, it does not have three times the performance because the clock speed for those CUDA cores is lower than the last gens cores.

If the rumour about runnig a R6900 series you is TRUE, then we gave a power house here. This does also mean the console can easily handle 4 controllers, im not sure if it was the 6970 or 6990 that could run hawx2 on 5 HD monitors in eyefinity, so four controllers is not much of a problem

give me a break!!!!! HAHAHAHA

oh dear... surely ur not an enthusiast...

Each spu by amd... can execute 1 command at the time... Each cuda core by NVIDIA, can do multiple commands at the same time... thats why nvidia cudas are less... but better. So thats why we see games that run better in amd (written in a simplified code), or games that run better in NVIDIA (written in a more complex language, code).. The only thing I dont like with amd spus is, that each command must find the specific SPU and execute it... That takes longer times for the command to travel inside the gpu...thats why we see lag some times/ fps glitch and thats why it always runs smooth in nvidia even if the fps is low (I hope u get the point).. I dont know if AMD improved that, as I am not reading or interested about amd at all (in the PC), but I am sure they did with the latest cards... They changed their technologies... Amd in the pc, lucks in drivers.. but its pretty descent as a hardware.. So for the console is more than enough..

SPUS or cudas.. are the horse power of the gpu..

(a notice, nvidia in the latest series, reduced the cuda power of each core... thats why they have more cuda cores now.. for example gtx680 got 1300+++ cudas...) its about amds style.. but more complex, they can still execute more than 1 commands at the time.. and they reduced the transistors inside cuda cores.. In simple words, they reduced the computing power of the cards... for example a gtx480 is 5 times better in computing than a gtx680... gtx680 have the same computing power, as a gtx560

@stewox I only buy wd hdds but internal... I trust them and I never had any problem... Still waiting for my 4 terabytes.. gonna get them today or tomorrow... I am waiting for 2 weeks now!

Edited by Orion, 19 April 2012 - 12:23 AM.

#24 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:43 AM

PC components don't apply to consoles - they don't buy parts at newegg and throw them together.

WiiU's GPU is a custom chip, as well as any other console - and it definitely won't be a 250W hungry GPU card that you put into your PC.

The GPU is not customized for any particular 3rd party engine - I don't know where you people get such information to make up these statements of "Wiiu optimized for UE4". But I do know that that's wrong who ever said that first has totally no idea about tech.

Ofcourse UE4 is going to run flawless - i mean, what are we talking about here. Most of the people think the engine is going to lag or it's not going to be on wiiu - why - did you see a demo?

Engine has nothing to do with GPU. Engine relies on the CPU - if the CPU is fast enough the engine will run flawlessly. As a matter of fact it's a question of how much graphical fidelity could be applied on it to run smoothly at a given resolution.

If it's not going to run smooth they'll obviously adjust and tweak the graphics UNTIL it does - i mean - where do you people get these funny conclusions and assumptions. Why on earth would they release a game that lags (one of the top devs). We haven't seen the engine at all - we havent seen the demo, we haven't seen the normal requirements of the target specs and even if WiiU exeeds or not the target specs they can do pretty much whatever they want with the engine until the freaking thing works smoothly. There is no reason why UE4 won't be on WiiU - but there is a reason why it won't be on current gen which is PS360 - Based on what EPIC has said, it is astronomically obvious that UE4 will be on WiiU, just a matter of TIME they'll let you know about it.

Historically and the experience of how the industry works - is my basis for this - and pretty much any of those guys on neogaf if you ask the right one, one of those tech guys DCKing, Rosti, bgassasin ...etc ... ask them and see if im wrong.

Edited by Stewox, 19 April 2012 - 01:57 AM.

Posted Image

#25 King_Bowser_Koopa

King_Bowser_Koopa

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:57 AM

Ugh. Until Nintendo says something official, none of the rumors posted anywhere can be trusted.

Edited by King_Bowser_Koopa, 19 April 2012 - 07:57 AM.

#26 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:36 AM

Hmm some of these seem listed rumors seem plausible but others don't. I honestly don't believe the 8 GB RAM and 4-tablet support ones. Wouldn't 4 tablets put alot of strain on the console?

#27 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

I didnt say PS4 would be stronger or weaker then Wii U. Im just stating there may not even be a PS4.

There is a topic about sony actually.. And the sony president said, they will be sad but necessary announcements from the company soon enough.. and they will probably stop a couple of products.. But from what Ive seen in ps4... is going to be inferior than Wii U, I mean, less features and about the same horse power in games... whatever the marketing freaks speak about.. or the journalists... A8-3850 is good enough for a console, but its away to weak compared with the wii U cpu.. in retail costs about 70... so I assume they got a good bargain for it... 2-3 euro per piece... The gpu is identical with 6670... it does not offer u something different, but only lower power consumption...

If ps4 supports 4 controllers with screen, the one gpu is going to be dedicated for the controllers.. (4 splits.. eyefinity) and without virtual gameplay.. And the economic problems sony got, I dont believe orbis will demand internet access to play the games (like xbox720 ) a part of DRM... because if they put restrictions, it may not sale... its a risk...

give me a break!!!!! HAHAHAHA

oh dear... surely ur not an enthusiast...

Each spu by amd... can execute 1 command at the time... Each cuda core by NVIDIA, can do multiple commands at the same time... thats why nvidia cudas are less... but better. So thats why we see games that run better in amd (written in a simplified code), or games that run better in NVIDIA (written in a more complex language, code).. The only thing I dont like with amd spus is, that each command must find the specific SPU and execute it... That takes longer times for the command to travel inside the gpu...thats why we see lag some times/ fps glitch and thats why it always runs smooth in nvidia even if the fps is low (I hope u get the point).. I dont know if AMD improved that, as I am not reading or interested about amd at all (in the PC), but I am sure they did with the latest cards... They changed their technologies... Amd in the pc, lucks in drivers.. but its pretty descent as a hardware.. So for the console is more than enough..

SPUS or cudas.. are the horse power of the gpu..

(a notice, nvidia in the latest series, reduced the cuda power of each core... thats why they have more cuda cores now.. for example gtx680 got 1300+++ cudas...) its about amds style.. but more complex, they can still execute more than 1 commands at the time.. and they reduced the transistors inside cuda cores.. In simple words, they reduced the computing power of the cards... for example a gtx480 is 5 times better in computing than a gtx680... gtx680 have the same computing power, as a gtx560

@stewox I only buy wd hdds but internal... I trust them and I never had any problem... Still waiting for my 4 terabytes.. gonna get them today or tomorrow... I am waiting for 2 weeks now!

The last official thing I heard was 2 tablets controllers per Wii U.

Hmm some of these seem listed rumors seem plausible but others don't. I honestly don't believe the 8 GB RAM and 4-tablet support ones. Wouldn't 4 tablets put alot of strain on the console?

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#28 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

no jessdog, 4 tablet support is noo different to 4 player split screen. it takes the same power to do it :)
Posted Image

#29 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

But streaming to 4 tablets would take power away, wouldn't it? I think Wii U is powerful, but not THAt powerful. Well not so much that but It honestly doesn't need 4 tablet support.

#30 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:37 AM

well imagine that ps4 with A8-3850 is 200% less powerful than wii U cpu... What people will get with the ps4 screen controllers, is just a plain split screen, the eyefinity mode by AMD... They will not have the virtual environment options like in wii U.. because the amd APU, is just 4 core.. lucks in threads.. amd APU = 4 operations at the same time.. and wii U (if they dont cut it by 1 core) is 4 cores and 16 threads.. (16 operations at the same time)

So everybody must stop confusing, what we mean.. that wii U is not going to be THAT powerful.. is going to be powerful enough, but unfortunately, the controllers DO require cpu power, as they act individually from the tv.. its not a split screen.

Xbox720, with 6 core and 24 threads, will be able to support 4 controllers for sure.. because of the cpu... But who cares about 4 controllers with screen.. lol I dont even want the second wii U screen controller.. how about 4.. lol

either ways, all the 3 machines will use 2 cores for their games, they dont need more than that.. a 2 core console is more like quad core pc.. lol All the rest is going to the sensors, UI, controllers, etc.. (xbox does not use dedicated sound chips, so they use the cpu instead to produce sound... Only nintendo and sony have dedicated sound chips)

Edited by Orion, 20 April 2012 - 03:42 AM.

#31 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:56 AM

Xbox720, with 6 core and 24 threads, will be able to support 4 controllers for sure.. because of the cpu... But who cares about 4 controllers with screen.. lol I dont even want the second wii U screen controller.. how about 4.. lol

either ways, all the 3 machines will use 2 cores for their games, they dont need more than that.. a 2 core console is more like quad core pc.. lol All the rest is going to the sensors, UI, controllers, etc.. (xbox does not use dedicated sound chips, so they use the cpu instead to produce sound... Only nintendo and sony have dedicated sound chips)

I'm pretty sure from what I've been looking up and hearing, (from Microsoft reporters etc) is that the NextBox is also going to be APU based. Some from the Windows division that are responsible for NTFS, and for the reason we switched to x86_x64 instead of Itanium 64 bit, have moved to the Xbox division. What they assume and I too agree with them is possibly they're switching from PowerPC to x64, the best feesable solution that I can see is that both consoles are APU based. This can also add reason to why Microsoft is going with a midrange X670 (X denotes generation number) as the built in GPU on the APU shuts off as soon as anything higher than an X670 is used. This also can make sense of the rumour that the NextBox has two GPUs, which would make sense if they're using an APU and an X670 card for hybrid crossfire. That's my assumption that both companies are switching to APUs. Who isn't to say that it's a custom APU, though potentially that could mean one could install the OS on any APU machine if say the OS loader and the OS are unethically sourced.

#32 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:16 AM

These aren't new rumors. This is a list of what this person thinks will happen at E3 based on previous rumors. The writer states:

"Take[sic] everything that we’ve heard, I’ve come up with what I believe to be what is going to be revealed this June. The Wii U is in for some changes."

So really, it's no different than you or me posting predictions to our website/blog based on what we've heard.

#33 Rockalot

Rockalot

Blooper

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

What Fig said. Still it's a good read.

Posted Image

#34 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:06 AM

But streaming to 4 tablets would take power away, wouldn't it? I think Wii U is powerful, but not THAt powerful. Well not so much that but It honestly doesn't need 4 tablet support.

the way it works on current consoles is that the game is put to lower settings automatically when 4 people are playing split screen. this is because split screen is the same as running the game 4 times simultaneously, and its no different with 4 tablets (except u would be running it 5 times instead of 4). anyway, this would be handy for games like super smash bros and mario kart and such. i think its quite necessary for those games so that everyone can have an equal experience, and the games that will use it are mostly going to be games that dont take much processing power, eg mario kart etc
Posted Image

#35 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

if its not like wii U controllers... I mean to move the controller around and see another part of the world.. or find clues only with the controller screen... this things use cpu power (more like 2 individual consoles in one). Differently acts as a split screen.. shared screen, whatever.. Its just eyefinity mode that AMD has... Each amd gpu can hold up to 6 monitors.. it splits the screen, or it creates identical screens.. What wii U controller does, is virtual so it needs lots of cpu power.

So I suppose this controllers by MS and SONY, will probably do some applications, like drawing, like move the game into controller screen like wii U does, like phone calles, etc.. but it will not have the ability for virtual environment. So basically this will be a nintendo feature.

Edited by Orion, 20 April 2012 - 08:35 AM.

#36 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

I hope nintendo announces a new controller to the wii u. So you have the wiipad and the new controller which is a normal one, like a gamecube controller. I don't like the idea of using wii controllers for the next gen wii u.

28gxdv8.png

#37 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:02 AM

u can use gamecube controllers to I believe.. I got plenty of these :) (I dont like wii controller either).. I play solo in my house, I mean nobody else in my house loves tech... or tech friendly.. lol.. So I will stick with the controller screen..

Edited by Orion, 20 April 2012 - 09:05 AM.

#38 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:31 AM

u can use gamecube controllers to I believe.. I got plenty of these :) (I dont like wii controller either).. I play solo in my house, I mean nobody else in my house loves tech... or tech friendly.. lol.. So I will stick with the controller screen..

No you cannot. Nintendo confirmed that Wii U is not backwards compatible with Gamecube games and accessories(including Gamecube controllers).

@Crackkat that is interesting.

#39 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

No you cannot. Nintendo confirmed that Wii U is not backwards compatible with Gamecube games and accessories(including Gamecube controllers).

@Crackkat that is interesting.

How ever you can use Classic Controller/Pro hopefully.

#40 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

How ever you can use Classic Controller/Pro hopefully.

All Wii branded hardware will work with the Wii U.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!