Photo

Leviathyn Article Claiming Several Yet Unseen rumors about Wii U - source ?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

the way it works on current consoles is that the game is put to lower settings automatically when 4 people are playing split screen. this is because split screen is the same as running the game 4 times simultaneously, and its no different with 4 tablets (except u would be running it 5 times instead of 4). anyway, this would be handy for games like super smash bros and mario kart and such. i think its quite necessary for those games so that everyone can have an equal experience, and the games that will use it are mostly going to be games that dont take much processing power, eg mario kart etc

But in splitscreen the console renders the same amount of pixels as with single player. In Wii u's case, the controllers adds up more pixels to render.

28gxdv8.png

#42 Rockalot

Rockalot

Blooper

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

That is true, Hinkkik, but ultimately what Crackkat was saying holds true. If made possible, it will be through graphical compromise, which is fine by me.

Posted Image

#43 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

All Wii branded hardware will work with the Wii U.

Yes they will, but will all games allow other controllers to completely replace the UPad? The answer is probably no, but what about in say FPSes, if you look at the Ghost Recon trailer the controller is used for UAV etc. It sounds simple to put the Huds etc on the TV but it may not be as easy and devs could ignore it.

#44 TriForce_3

TriForce_3

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

There is no indication that western digital will be branding their HDDs for WiiU

I guess nintendo's policy is not that of microsoft's - they will not block other HDDs from connecting, it's not kind of a way they do stuff - it's essentialy a pure marketing business if they do since there's no technical barrier and i don't think it's a good idea either.

Also - i hope it's USB3

Something I mentioned in another thread and something I hope Wii U has!

#45 Thugbrown

Thugbrown

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

Once again purely speculation. We can't get to excited or jump to conclusions just based on what someone put together from all the news and rumors he chose to believe. One thing I can tell you for sure, out of all Nintendo's E3 press conferences Nintendo has NEVER went deep into specs on their systems. To Nintendo just because the game looks pretty dosen't mean it will be good (prime example look at most reviews on Ninja Gaiden 3) it's always been about the experience, the fun factor, and how the game draws you in. This is going to be Nintendo's focus as well as a few other things up their sleeve that we didn't know. All these guesses that we are assuming may be right but as always remember most of these are rumors not from reliable sources such as Nintendo or any of their partners. We are almost there E3 is getting closer and we can expect some great stuff this year no doubt.

#46 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:40 PM

Well Im using firefox 3.6 on this old PC that is not mine maybe something's interfeering witht he loading of the site.

My main PC is broken down for upgrading - still need to buy hardware - but im saving money for something else so that won't be done for another half year .... DOOM4 won't be out in the next 2 years anyways.

EDIT: Thanks for reporting to neogaf - I noticed just now - I can't keep up daily but I hope I can do another 50 pages today. Since the second thread it's going so fast ... and I think it's going to speed up even more.

EDIT2: the site works in explorer - so my PC is to blame(something like that doesn't happen on my own custom build machine) - the site is okay

That tablet support for 4 is obviously some weird BS - they implied it's going to support another one just so some kind of multiplayer is possible. And that will be fine for almost everyone.

EDIT:

okay now some guy reported this http://thisiswiiu.co...ontrollers/571/
I missed that one

I knew about WiiU stuff before(just on fly) - but i seriously started following when i had the time - 2 month go in march. This rumor was not in the consolidation threads or on the neogaf threads but spare me if i totally forgot since there is a lot of material i spent so much time researching that something must have slipped out.

Edited by Stewox, 23 April 2012 - 02:07 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!