• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 The Last Mellon

The Last Mellon

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:15 PM

Im asking if any one has herd a rumor or has speculaton if nintendo will be relesing different wii u types like xbox 360 or ps3. What I mean is will there be like a 250gb version for hardcore gamers and a 4gb model for more causal gamers. Nintendo should do this I think (if they haven't already) to provide more choice to people and to try and reach people who have lower bugets i.e me :P
Posted Image

#2 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

No there wont be. And that would be stupid. First of all we dont even know if the Wii U will have a built in Hard drive. 2nd of all $300 (assuming thats the final price) is already selling at a loss and you want it even CHEAPER? Come on now man. Either pay for it or wait till you can. If Nintendo is already selling them at a loss, you dont want them to sell it even cheaper and lose more money. Thats just being a dick to Nintendo. Plus Power and Graphics get the "Hardcores" not the size of the harddrive. I have the 250 GB 360 Slim but I am 100% a CASUAL player.

Edited by Nin_Stream, 19 April 2012 - 05:21 PM.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#3 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

I think uniformity is the key when it comes to specs.
There should be a stock amount of hard drive space for the Wii U, so developers have a solid number to work around. Additional hard drive space will come from an external source.

I believe the current rumor is that the Wii U will have an 8GB internal hard drive(I hope it's a little more), while companies like Western Digital are already making Wii U external hard drives, and if I had to guess, they're going to fashion a similar look to the Wii U.

If anything, I'd like to choose between a few different Wii U colors. Flat black w/ gloss black trim would be my choice.

#4 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

^8GB internal memory is confirmed with the option for an external harddrive. I also think they should release different memory versions but we'll see.
No sig.

#5 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

Most would say no but I'm not ruling it out. I think we are in for major surprises at E3.

#6 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 14 July 2014 - 01:26 AM.

#7 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:27 AM

I don't think Nintendo is the kind who would release multiple versions of their home systems when put in terms of storage space and/or performance and size.

^8GB internal memory is confirmed with the option for an external harddrive.

Want to give us a source for the confirmation of 8GB internal memory? As far as I know it doesn't have any sort of in-built memory.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#8 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:08 AM

well i really think game installations wont be necessary on wii u, so you wont need a hard drive with lots of space for it. why? cos i think there is a high chance the wii u will be using latest disc read technology that is so fast, no installation is necessary. that way there will also be barely any load times aswell, really awesome stuff
Posted Image

#9 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:04 AM

It has internal flash memory, but nothing's been confirmed in terms of how much. It could have 16GB for all we know.

#10 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:17 AM

This idea is IDEAL for the next gen of consoles at 2020..lol I mean all parts, gpu, extra gpu, ram, hdd... to be able upgrade them at any time... everything to be easy removable, like in the laptop computers... remove the old part (by removing a slot) and place the new ones, or upgrade... This idea is the best... so we dont have to change platform every 5-8 years... but extend their life with upgraded parts... Also be able to change settings.. high or low.. Like pc does.

^8GB internal memory is confirmed with the option for an external harddrive. I also think they should release different memory versions but we'll see.

what u mean by saying "memory" ram ram? or hdd capacity.. lol its very cheeky if they dont give us this options from the first day, for those who buy for example a inferior version of the system, while the others will be able to get in a later date a superior and probably with a reduced price. At least they can give us some more options from the beginning.. ALSO... its good nintendo tends to create sleek devices.. (wii and wii U), its good to increase the size a bit, make it more expandable..

well who knows.. now we got HUGE controllers, the next wii after wii U... may be HUGE.. as well.. and give more confidence of hardcore.. If wii U release 1-2 months before christmas, maybe we see some nice offers of it at christmas... bundle box's

Edited by Orion, 20 April 2012 - 03:28 AM.

#11 KgGamesXL

KgGamesXL

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:30 AM

I hope that Nintendo will have atleast 64GB or 120GB of flash memory because they did discuss their interest in full game downloads off the Nintendo network and also the rumor of an app store and the mmo's although it can fake but if not it will probably need a good amount of memory to store those games on something.

#12 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

I don't think Nintendo is the kind who would release multiple versions of their home systems when put in terms of storage space and/or performance and size.

Want to give us a source for the confirmation of 8GB internal memory? As far as I know it doesn't have any sort of in-built memory.

Hmm I can't find it... I really thought it was confirmed somewhere.
No sig.

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:16 AM

Nintendo do not want to confuse consumers by having them make choices while buying their console.
They want consumers to pleasantly be able to walk into a store and say "sell me a Wii U my good woman!" and the woman would say "Yes ma'am!" and the transaction would complete without any hassle.

They don't want the woman behind the counter to have to say "Which version?" then explain the differences, and then leave the consumer feeling confused and walking out thinking about which purchase to make.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 Tipzil

Tipzil

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link, Pokemon, Nintendo, Minecraft

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:53 AM

i dont think so, it doesn't seem like something Ninty would do :/
I'm just hoping for a few launch colours, like Black, White, Blue, Red :)
"I wombo, you wombo, he, she, me wombo, the study of womboligy, come on Spongebob, this is first grade!" ~ Patrick, Spongebob Squarepants

"Nah Nah Nah Man, you see, mah name is An'twan!" ~ Josh, Drake & Josh

#15 The Last Mellon

The Last Mellon

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

Thanks for the replys guys I understand a bit more now :D
it also better me hard to hack >_>
Posted Image

#16 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

Ninety really need to support an external harddrive if they want to get to achieve success in the online market.
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#17 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

Reggie stated in an Interview when asked what was Nintendos feelings when Sony got hacked? He said something like Security is 1 of the top priorities at Nintendo and we value our consumers to much to lack in the area of security. The Wii Us security is very secure and contstantly being updated. (I wouldnt be surprised if Brick was secretly put in Wii U at launch lol, The 3DS has it. And If you dont know what Brick is, it is if you try to mod the 3DS IN ANYWAY the system will detect it and turn off the system and it cant ever be turned on again. Nintendo themselfs cant even undo it. Nintendo hates hackers.)

Thanks for the replys guys I understand a bit more now :D
it also better me hard to hack >_>

#18 Daniel

Daniel

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

Random Idea: What if the memory required to install updates and/or DLC for that game could be installed on the disc?
Kinda cool.

#19 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

Reggie stated in an Interview when asked what was Nintendos feelings when Sony got hacked? He said something like Security is 1 of the top priorities at Nintendo and we value our consumers to much to lack in the area of security. The Wii Us security is very secure and contstantly being updated. (I wouldnt be surprised if Brick was secretly put in Wii U at launch lol, The 3DS has it. And If you dont know what Brick is, it is if you try to mod the 3DS IN ANYWAY the system will detect it and turn off the system and it cant ever be turned on again. Nintendo themselfs cant even undo it. Nintendo hates hackers.)

Do those flash cards still work? (Those hacked game cartridges with a bunch of illegally downloaded games on it.)

I don't and would never use one of those. I need to support my favorite gaming company right!

#20 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

Did these flash card things work on the 3DS? I never heard of them being used to hack? But if it was used on the 3DS I assume it would trigger Brick.

Do those flash cards still work? (Those hacked game cartridges with a bunch of illegally downloaded games on it.)

I don't and would never use one of those. I need to support my favorite gaming company right!

Edited by Nin_Stream, 22 April 2012 - 10:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!