#1 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

Nintendo announced New Super Mario Bros.2 for 3DS at the Nintendo Direct

Posted Image

This can only mean Super Mario 4 is the Wii U's Mario!

Edited by Meelow100, 22 April 2012 - 09:33 AM.

#2 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

not the wii u's, it is for 3DS

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

Exactly her point.

I don't think SMB4 is a real game, it's just to stop domain squatters from stealing it from under them.
Face it.
Nintendo are planning to release NSMB2 in August and then in Novemberish releasing NSMBM, and they expect them both to sell.
Madness, of the most silly order.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

No, like I just said NSMB2 is for 3DS.

Exactly her point.

I don't think SMB4 is a real game, it's just to stop domain squatters from stealing it from under them.
Face it.
Nintendo are planning to release NSMB2 in August and then in Novemberish releasing NSMBM, and they expect them both to sell.
Madness, of the most silly order.

I'm a guy and Miyamoto basically confirmed SMB4

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=175684

"We have mario team in company, so we are making Super Mario 4. But Only I can say is, We just announced that game. More details will reveal later."

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

Miyamoto basically confirmed SMB4

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=175684

"We have mario team in company, so we are making Super Mario 4. But Only I can say is, We just announced that game. More details will reveal later."

We have Nintendo saying after the Spanish interview that they're bringing NSMBMii out, and we have this Korean interview which took place around the same time Miyamoto was in Europe, where the interviewer specifically asks about SMB4, and Miyamoto says "Yes, we have a team working on a new mario title, but I can't give specifics yet".
I think what the interviewer did was substitute new mario title with SMB4, or perhaps Miyamoto simply didn't correct the interviewer on the number part of the question.
Maybe they have NSMBMII, NSMB2 and SMB4 all set for release?
Maybe he was referring to a SMW re-release on VC or as a 3D classic.
That's my thought process on why I think SMB4 isn't happening, or isn't going to be the Wii U game this year at least.
In all honesty, I think they'd do better to release SMB4 than to release two games that look pretty much the same graphically within 4 or 5 months of each other.
Seems like insanity to me.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

We have Nintendo saying after the Spanish interview that they're bringing NSMBMii out, and we have this Korean interview which took place around the same time Miyamoto was in Europe, where the interviewer specifically asks about SMB4, and Miyamoto says "Yes, we have a team working on a new mario title, but I can't give specifics yet".
I think what the interviewer did was substitute new mario title with SMB4, or perhaps Miyamoto simply didn't correct the interviewer on the number part of the question.
Maybe they have NSMBMII, NSMB2 and SMB4 all set for release?
Maybe he was referring to a SMW re-release on VC or as a 3D classic.
That's my thought process on why I think SMB4 isn't happening, or isn't going to be the Wii U game this year at least.
In all honesty, I think they'd do better to release SMB4 than to release two games that look pretty much the same graphically within 4 or 5 months of each other.
Seems like insanity to me.

I really doubt they will keep the name New Super Mario Bros Mii, In my opionon I think it's SMB4.

#7 Tipzil

Tipzil

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link, Pokemon, Nintendo, Minecraft

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:39 AM

I think NSMBM will just be like a pre-installed game on the Wii U, or Like Wii sports
"I wombo, you wombo, he, she, me wombo, the study of womboligy, come on Spongebob, this is first grade!" ~ Patrick, Spongebob Squarepants

"Nah Nah Nah Man, you see, mah name is An'twan!" ~ Josh, Drake & Josh

#8 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:22 AM

NSMB2 is on 3DS, SM4 is on Wii U. I think that's a good title too, to be honest. I hope that SM4 will be more refreshing for the series, because NSMB2 already uses that NSMB style (obviously).
No sig.

#9 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:26 AM

The good news is, we will find out what's going on with "2D Mario game for Wii U" this June!

My money is on NSMB Mii though.

#10 Rockalot

Rockalot

Blooper

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:55 AM

I sure hope not! Too much 2D for my tastes.

Posted Image

#11 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

I think NSMBM will just be like a pre-installed game on the Wii U, or Like Wii sports

That's actually very possible. It'd rake in the system sales, and people wouldn't be so pissed about the two 2D Mario games coming out so close together.

#12 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:44 AM

I agree with meelow here seems very obvious

Signature_Fox.png

#13 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

I think Super Mario 4 is for Wii U as well as a homage to Super Mario World.

#14 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

I think Super Mario 4 is for Wii U as well as a homage to Super Mario World.

I agree

Signature_Fox.png

#15 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

All this time I was thinking Nintendo took the domain "Super Mario Bros.4" but It was actully Super Mario 4, I was at gamefaq and this guy made this comment that makes perfect sense

http://www.gamefaqs....00790/699024820

"Lol at all the confusion because Nintendo registered that supermario4.com domain. There is no bros in supermario4. Super Mario 4 refers to the next 3d Mario.

Super Mario 64 = Super Mario 1
Super Mario Sunshine = Super Mario 2
Super Mario Galaxy = Super Mario 3
Galaxy 2 would fall in the same category as Final Fantasy X-2 or XIII-2

Super Mario 4 is going to be the WiiU's 3d Mario. Super Mario is a separate series from Super Mario Bros. Its quite simple really."

I did not even notice that, so Super Mario 4 should be the next 3D Mario which is for Wii U!.

It's possible Nintendo could be showing off 2 Mario's at E3 for Wii U, one 2D and one 3D but we'll see.

Edited by Meelow100, 22 April 2012 - 09:39 AM.

#16 Rockalot

Rockalot

Blooper

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

All this time I was thinking Nintendo took the domain "Super Mario Bros.4" but It was actully Super Mario 4, I was at gamefaq and this guy made this comment that makes perfect sense

"Lol at all the confusion because Nintendo registered that supermario4.com domain. There is no bros in supermario4. Super Mario 4 refers to the next 3d Mario.

Super Mario 4 is going to be the WiiU's 3d Mario. Super Mario is a separate series from Super Mario Bros. Its quite simple really."

I did not even notice that, so Super Mario 4 should be the next 3D Mario which is for Wii U!.

It's possible Nintendo could be showing off 2 Mario's at E3 for Wii U, one 2D and one 3D but we'll see.

Holy cow! I never made that connection... herp... Brilliant! THAT is what I wanted to hear. Oh gosh I can't wait!! I can't even imagine how amazing the 3D Mario on the Wii U will be!!!

Posted Image

#17 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

...I already said this in the thread talking about how Nintendo registered the domain.....
Posted Image

#18 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

Total. Genius.

#19 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

i just want a new mario adventure, something like sunshine 2!! mario sunshine was such a feel good game, and excellent (indirect) sequel to mario 64.
Posted Image

#20 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

How much money will we bet on the fact that there won't be a 3D Mario this year? People refer to SMB3 as Super Mario 3 sometimes for example. And saying SMG2 doesn't count is like saying SMB3 doesn't count.

People will understand that SM4 = SMB4 eventually but SM4 is a shorter name which is better for a domain.
No sig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!