Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

POPULAR

Okay guys, can we come to an agreement to not have topic titles that are vague, cryptic or completely unrelated. It's really starting to irk me as a constant user of the Wii U Forums.

What I mean is, can we have topic titles that are straight to the point. I can't speak on everyone's behalf, but I really find it annoying that I have to look into the OP to find out what the topic is supposed to be about.

There is the other thing. When a person posts a piece of information regarding the Wii U, people have a habit of using 'More news' or something to that effect. Can we at least date these topics, because if they all have the same name and for some reason or other someone's trying to find a specific topic in a pile of similarly named topics... you get what I mean.

Point being: If you make a topic, at least make the title direct and distinguishable.

This is more of a rant than a suggestion or feedback, and I doubt the ability to enforce such things. Just hopefully, seeing topics properly named will prevent troll topics in future.

---------------------------

TRON: If you name a topic "Let's Role Play" I expect to be able to be part of a role play, not get a link to professional thought trains.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

Agreed.

#3 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

^OH THANK GOD I thought I was gonna get flamed on.

AuzzieWingman.png

#4 SilverArrow

SilverArrow

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Fandom:
    PONIES

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

No, this is very true. Commonly i see topics with something like "You serious?" Or that don't even mention what it's about at all. These annoy me because they make me curious to look into it and then i see it's something I'm not into it. Ultimately wasting (Albeit only a little) time. It would be nice to have a rule like that, making it so people can't make topics so vague.
Posted Image

#5 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

I COMPLETELY AGREE, Auzz. Finally, someone who had the guts to say this. I tip my Vita to you, my good sir.

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

Didn't this used to be a rule?
I remember it being one, but a few weeks back when I went to confirm it, the rule wasn't there.

No, this is very true. Commonly i see topics with something like "You serious?" Or that don't even mention what it's about at all. These annoy me because they make me curious to look into it and then i see it's something I'm not into it. Ultimately wasting (Albeit only a little) time. It would be nice to have a rule like that, making it so people can't make topics so vague.

They're trying to be "journalists", forgetting they don't get paid for people visiting their thread and possibly clicking some ads on the way out.

Edited by Nollog, 23 April 2012 - 07:36 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

I don't mind vague titles. I mind misleading ones.

Topic title: The Wii U needs to greatly improve.
OP: I think that the Wii U definitely needs more third parties, graphical prowess, and appeal to a wide audience. It also needs to keep the Nintendo Magic and blah blah blah more obvious stuff. What do you guys think?*

*These endings also make me angry. Only ask questions when it's necessary to the topic. You could keep that out and still get the same resulting responses.
Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#8 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:23 AM

While it destroys attention grabbing creativity, I will have to go with Auzzie on this one.
After a few accidental run-ins with certain Youtube videos, I'm not exactly a big fan of 'Vauge, Cryptic and Off-Topic titles'.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#9 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

I agree. There's no need for sneaky topic titles here.

If it's about hot dogs, call it "hot dogs."

#10 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

Then it's settled.

The trollololing ends here. And now no one gets a head start on me ever again.

AuzzieWingman.png

#11 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

If it has an implied meaning I think it's fine. But implied is not cryptic nor misleading.

Plus, people are now using the general discussion more for gaming topics even more.

Edited by Mournblade, 24 April 2012 - 03:48 PM.

#12 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

I agree with you, Auzzie, that vague topic titles don't help anyone. They're not good for SEO, either, as search engines will be just as clueless over the meaning of "more news" as a member browsing the place.

The good news is, renaming topics is very easy. If you feel a topic's title should be modified, please file a report (and try to include a suggested replacement title with your report) and a mod will take a look.

Plus, people are now using the general discussion more for gaming topics even more.

People shouldn't be posting gaming topics in the general discussion section to begin with. Please report any such topics you see and they'll be moved to their proper place pronto.

#13 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

I figured I'd bump this because lately I'm encountering the problem AGAIN!

AuzzieWingman.png

#14 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

Posting because I see them too.

#15 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

The last few months this forum has turned into a complete clusterf**k, I agree 100% dude :)

#16 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

I haven't seen any in the past few weeks.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#17 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

Lure titles huh?

Yeah, they're annoying, though only if they end up being a waste of time. Misleading titles are also bad too, but they tend to be more a product of the OP not knowing about the subject being posted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!