• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

I have never wanted to buy a new system at launch so, I need a little help here. When do new systems usually start allowing Pre orders? Is it right after E3 or will be like right before they release the system? Are there lots of other people planning to do this?

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

This is a General question about Gaming, they happen when the seller feels like it.
Gamestop usually don't announce a price and take pre-orders until their supplier tells them the trade price, and they can calculate their sale price.

Edited by Nollog, 23 April 2012 - 07:40 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

I would believe that you could start pre-ordering as soon as the official price is announced.
Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#4 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

Once a placeholder is down, you can get a pre-order.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#5 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

I am pretty sure you can pre-order the Wii U at GameStop. You are required to put down $20 down on it if you want to do this.

I am referring to GameStops in the US. Just wanted to clear that up.

Also, one more thing, you really should be more specific in the starting post of this thread. You didn't mention what system you even want to pre-order. (But this isn't that big of a deal, just look at the name o the forums and you will find out what system that post is referring to.)

#6 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

I am pretty sure you can pre-order the Wii U at GameStop. You are required to put down $20 down on it if you want to do this.

I am referring to GameStops in the US. Just wanted to clear that up.

Also, one more thing, you really should be more specific in the starting post of this thread. You didn't mention what system you even want to pre-order. (But this isn't that big of a deal, just look at the name o the forums and you will find out what system that post is referring to.)

Sorry, haha I figured it was a given cause it was in the Wii U forums. But I understand!

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

More like pre-orders have absolutely nothing to do with hardware, and is a general gaming thread.

Are you sure you can pre-order right now from gamestop?
Everything's done with computers, they probably can't accept pre-orders yet. you should try it.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

More like pre-orders have absolutely nothing to do with hardware, and is a general gaming thread.

Everything's done with computers, they probably can't accept pre-orders yet. you should try it.

No you cant. I was in there like 2 weeks ago and they said nothing yet. Was not sure if anyone knew of anything

#9 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:58 PM

That too, my mistake.

I will go to GameStop this weekend and ask if they will be taking pre-orders at the moment.
I will get back to you guys ASAP.

No you cant. I was in there like 2 weeks ago and they said nothing yet. Was not sure if anyone knew of anything

I can almost swear that they told me I could pre-order it. (I asked about a month ago approximately.)

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

http://www.zavvi.com/10475210.html
If you're desperate to get one pre-ordered. :P
Zavvi are great, and that price is just a place-holder, you'll pay the lowest price is goes to before shipping to you, at which time they'll charge you.
Postage is slow though, also it's a European model.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

http://www.zavvi.com/10475210.html
If you're desperate to get one pre-ordered. :P
Zavvi are great, and that price is just a place-holder, you'll pay the lowest price is goes to before shipping to you, at which time they'll charge you.
Postage is slow though, also it's a European model.

hahaha I think I will wait. I just want to make sure I know the date so I can get it before they run out of pre orders

#12 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

You could pre-order now. But wait till E3 for a price announcement. Otherwise places like Gamestop could overcharge you a pre-order price just to make more money and you wouldnt even now that your giving them extra money. Wait till day after E3. Thats what im doing.
[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#13 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:24 AM

Here at Australia EB Games (GameStop) allowed pre-orders for the Wii U the moment it was announced.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#14 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:30 AM

Moved to General Gaming

#15 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

I'm sure a couple of weeks before the release is when you get to pre-order it.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#16 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

Alright, I asked at my GameStop, they said they will start taking pre-orders 2-3 months before the actual release date.
I will go to the other GameStop in my area soon and ask there also, and will let you guys know how that goes also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!