Photo

Tomorrow is the day, when to expect new info?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:08 AM

Imagine if they released this thing.
Posted Image

lol :laugh:
is that the size of a wii balance board?
that's really badly Photoshop'd

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#42 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

lol :laugh:
is that the size of a wii balance board?
that's really badly Photoshop'd

Yes it's the Wii balance board I found it wile I was looking for 3DS references an thought you guys will get a laugh out of it like me.

LordPickleton.png

#43 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

wait so...we gotta wait till tmr? or really late tonight?

Its about 6-8 hours from now. the time in japan is about 4 am right now

#44 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

Awesome! I hope to wake up tomorrow (EU time) with some epic Wii U news (;
No sig.

#45 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

Maybe a 3DS game will be mentioned...or a release date for stuff in american like Animal Crossing. There wont be any Wii U news till E3. I PROMISE U THAT.
[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#46 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

we will see about that ^^

#47 Caminante

Caminante

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:23 AM

Nintendo hasn't backed down from the Wii U name yet, and considering it's spent the last year embedding it into our collective conscious, it would be risky to switch gears so close to launch. If Nintendo does re-brand its Wii U successor, we suspect the “Wii” prefix will make it through the to final round.

Taken from http://www.gamesradar.com/wii-u-rumor/
Up Up, Down Down... You know the rest.

#48 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:41 AM

I got tired with nintendos meetings... maybe we should track when they visit the loo... as well.

They never release anything.. why should we care about the meeting. Rayman for me is not enough, its a platform.. they should release at least the specs of wii U,

1) this cpu (we know already)
2) this GPU
3) 1-2 gigs of ram
4) etc... thats the leaks I am expecting for.. I dont care if controller do that, and do the other.. I care about wii U itself.

Edited by Orion, 02 May 2012 - 07:43 AM.

#49 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:36 AM

I got tired with nintendos meetings... maybe we should track when they visit the loo... as well.

They never release anything.. why should we care about the meeting. Rayman for me is not enough, its a platform.. they should release at least the specs of wii U,

1) this cpu (we know already)
2) this GPU
3) 1-2 gigs of ram
4) etc... thats the leaks I am expecting for.. I dont care if controller do that, and do the other.. I care about wii U itself.

We only know the CPU family.

Nintendo don't release specs, the faster you get used to that the less you'll be disappointed.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#50 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:24 AM

I know about that, thats what I said its a waste of energy to try watch every nintendo conference.. They dont speak about this stuff.. the real juice... So I personally wait E3 and after E3, when people put hands on the machine.. Then the real juice will come out. I care about the feature of the wii U, that only specs can say...

This generation consoles, are an investment for our next 5-10 years, as they are not cheap and getting even more expensive, each time... And investments must be feature proof.. They are not many out there who invest in 2 or 3 - 4 platforms, that cost thousands of paper..

Edited by Orion, 03 May 2012 - 06:28 AM.

#51 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:39 AM

I look at the Investor Meeting slides to get an idea what direction they're heading in.
If they tell investors the market is going this way or that way, they're doing that for a reason, and they plan to make money from that, which points to certain types of games starting development.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#52 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:00 AM

yesterday nintendo announced something, surelly u know.. I didnt posted it here, but I have applied to newsletters in a couple of sites..

so we all know their directions..

Nintendo has revealed that it plans to dazzle hardcore Nintendo fans with the Wii U rather than the mass market. Iwata explained that the company has learned lessons with the Wii and won't be focussing all their efforts on trying to win over casual gamers with Wii U. Iwata admitted that Nintendo had struggled to get core gamers to take the Wi platform seriously, but they plan to amend this with Wii U when it launches later this year.

"The Wii was able to reach a large number of new consumers who had never played games before by bringing hands-on experiences with its Wii Sports and Wii Fit," he explained.
"However, we could not adequately create the situation that such new consumers played games frequently or for long, consistent periods. As a result, we could not sustain a good level of profit.
"Moreover, regrettably, what we prioritised in order to reach out to the new audience was a bit too far from what we prioritised for those who play games as their hobby. Consequently, we presume some people felt that the Wii was not a game system for them or they were not willing to play with the Wii even though some compelling games had been released."
"Once consumers have a notion that 'this system is not for us', we have learned that it is extremely difficult to change their perceptions later," said Iwata.
"Therefore, in promoting the Nintendo 3DS and the Wii U, we have announced that we would like 'width' and 'depth' to coexist.
"With the Nintendo DS and the Wii, the approach of 'width' was well accepted by many people; however, what we did in terms of 'depth' was not satisfactory for some consumers. This time, we would like consumers to be satisfied in both aspects.
"In order to do so, we started to work on the 'depth' aspect first, and the current and existing software you can see for the Nintendo 3DS is based on that idea. In the future, the approach will evolve," he continued.
"Our approach for the Wii U is basically the same. By doing so continuously, we are expecting that the number of game users per household will increase and as the gaming population increases, we believe we can create a sustainable video game market." thats the source http://mynintendonew...-market-second/

I am not willing to buy 3ds though.. I quited handheld many years ago, and I already got about 8-9 handhelds.. lol.. For the last decade.. so I will stick with a desktop platform except my PC.. and thats wii U, but I do care about its specs.. I want it to be feature proof till the end. I dont want me to be in uncertainty.. I am 32 after all....

Edited by Orion, 03 May 2012 - 07:06 AM.

#53 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:10 AM

Iwata announced that at the investor Meeting.
Thanks for backing me up.

Personally, I think that stance is a mistake.
Gamers are fickle.
When the next thing their friends play comes along, they'll be called babies once and switch console again.
The casual market is much easier to get to buy your products, and they'll stick around so long as you keep your product in celebrity hands.
Gamecube didn't make them much money did it?

Edited by Nollog, 03 May 2012 - 07:12 AM.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#54 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:14 AM

I liked gamecube and enjoyed it more than wii though.. My wii is in the box right now, inside my closet.. lol Let me be fair... I quited xbox360 much earlier than wii ... I never bought ps3 though... My brother did and didnt liked the controllers..

The last time I played xbox360 is 2 years ago and the last time I bought xbox360 games are 3-4 years ago, after gow2 I quited it... I played xbox because of my (american) cousin.. Who plays only xbox.. Now we speak by email.. lol

This machines for me must be feature proof, when I see my games in PC, struggling and forcing us to do stuff we dont like.. Because of consoles... the consoles pay the price.. I hope wii U will give me the joy I felt in ps2 and gamecube.. Not to say snes.. I really enjoyed this machines.. I still have them.

Edited by Orion, 03 May 2012 - 07:22 AM.

#55 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:34 AM

I enjoyed the Wii series of games as much as I did any third party game on the Wii.
I don't think alienating the new customers is a good way to do business.
They were never ignoring the "core", the worst they did was make an e3 about Wii Music, and assume we cared about Animal Crossing.
They still gave us some of the best "core" games in Galaxy 1 and 2, the third Metroid Prime, and two Zeldo games.
They did absolutely no harm to the "core" by allowing other people to have fun on the same console, the childishness gamers have shown this generation is appalling.
OH NO OTHER PEOPLE ARE PLAYING THINGS ON THIS CONSOLE, I DON'T LIKE OTHER PEOPLE HAVING FUN IN THEIR OWN WAY WAH WAH WAH!

Posted ImageHow long before this happens the Wii U ?

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#56 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:23 AM

They do the same thing with wii U, but vise verse... They will still give some dancing, tenis mii style, arcade and fitness games, board games, etc... But they will focus in better and more hardcore games.. And all that because of specs and policies... Many developers say that nintendo is hard to deal with, well I am not a developer, and I dont know the kind of deals behind the scenes... but happy that the whole thing is vise verse.. And yes, we need new characters to... As nintendo already announced.. a bit more hardcore I hope...

Mario is mature and ready to transform in an mmo, with the right script and work ofcourse.. a bit hard though... But Nintendo could focus to make a short of make overs in mario series, so the transition to an mmo will be easily accepted..

Edited by Orion, 03 May 2012 - 10:33 AM.

#57 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

I enjoyed the Wii series of games as much as I did any third party game on the Wii.
I don't think alienating the new customers is a good way to do business.
They were never ignoring the "core", the worst they did was make an e3 about Wii Music, and assume we cared about Animal Crossing.
They still gave us some of the best "core" games in Galaxy 1 and 2, the third Metroid Prime, and two Zeldo games.
They did absolutely no harm to the "core" by allowing other people to have fun on the same console, the childishness gamers have shown this generation is appalling.
OH NO OTHER PEOPLE ARE PLAYING THINGS ON THIS CONSOLE, I DON'T LIKE OTHER PEOPLE HAVING FUN IN THEIR OWN WAY WAH WAH WAH!

Posted ImageHow long before this happens the Wii U ?

Meh i would rather see them support hardcore first. Granted they did publish amazing first party games but the third party support on the wii was by far the worst on any console ive owned to date.

It was impossible to enjoy amazing games that games that came out and be strictly a wii console owner. Not to mention the fact that while the sales of the wii was astonishing the attachment rate of the console is laughable and so many amazing franchises were missed on it that i ended up abandoning my wii if favor of a 360. i also dont think it was there intention to alienate core gamers but its pretty obvious that they did, Nintendo even admitted this themselves.

#58 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

Time will tell, but I think they're putting a huge hurdle in front of themselves in terms of appealing to the hardcore by not offering a different style controller. My gut tells me when it comes down to it, very few hardcover gamers are going to want to hold a tablet with buttons to play the core games vs a dual shock or 360 controller.

It's just going to be the tablet and the Wii-motes? That's the only thing I really don't like about the console if it comes to pass that the tablet look we've seen is the final product. It just seems like the tablet will be extremely uncomfortable after holding it for even an hour.

Edited by JaylisJayP, 06 May 2012 - 10:31 AM.

#59 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:08 AM

Time will tell, but I think they're putting a huge hurdle in front of themselves in terms of appealing to the hardcore by not offering a different style controller. My gut tells me when it comes down to it, very few hardcover gamers are going to want to hold a tablet with buttons to play the core games vs a dual shock or 360 controller.

It's just going to be the tablet and the Wii-motes? That's the only thing I really don't like about the console if it comes to pass that the tablet look we've seen is the final product. It just seems like the tablet will be extremely uncomfortable after holding it for even an hour.

Pretty much everyone who held it at E3 said it was comfortable to hold, and very light weight. Plus, what's the big deal about people saying that they would prefer a more "Traditional" controller over a Wii U controller. In case you didn't notice, the Wii U controller is a traditionally styled controller. It has all the buttons, dual analog, vibration, plus a touch screen. Instead of seeing it as this insane, completely alien device, look at it as a traditional controller with a touch screen on it.
Posted Image

#60 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:26 PM

Pretty much everyone who held it at E3 said it was comfortable to hold, and very light weight. Plus, what's the big deal about people saying that they would prefer a more "Traditional" controller over a Wii U controller. In case you didn't notice, the Wii U controller is a traditionally styled controller. It has all the buttons, dual analog, vibration, plus a touch screen. Instead of seeing it as this insane, completely alien device, look at it as a traditional controller with a touch screen on it.

I agree 100%. Why do people complain, it has everything and more.
No sig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!