Photo

Sony All Star Fighting game, Rip off of SSM?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

Of course they got the idea from SSB. You have to be stupid to not see that. Now, it will probably have differences, so it's not like they're taking SSBB and slapping Sony characters in there, but, obviously, Sony took the idea from Nintendo.

That being said, I'm totally getting it. It won't be bad just because they took it from another game; it looks pretty close in quality to Brawl.
Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#22 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:25 AM

Of course they got the idea from SSB. You have to be stupid to not see that. Now, it will probably have differences, so it's not like they're taking SSBB and slapping Sony characters in there, but, obviously, Sony took the idea from Nintendo.

That being said, I'm totally getting it. It won't be bad just because they took it from another game; it looks pretty close in quality to Brawl.

The whole thing is that people are defending Sony and acting like it's totally original. Obviously it won't have all the same items, moves, etc (I hope), however Nintendo fans have every right to say it's a copy, considering it is.

#23 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

Lol i can't wait for Sony's excuse: " We have been working on this since 1996"
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#24 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

Now I can play with my cousins and friends that moved.

LordPickleton.png

#25 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

Really Sony?
*Faceplam.*

#26 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

Looks great to me, definitely getting it. I just wonder if Sony really has enough decent first party characters these days to fill up the roster.. Sure they can bring in third parties, but then it's kind of saying something if they don't even have enough IPs of their own to use for it.

And I don't particularly see why it being similar to Smash Bros is a bad thing. Now, if they started denying the fact that it was obviously inspired by SSB, THEN It'd be an issue. But the fact is, they're just doing what literally everyone else in the industry has done at some point and taking concepts from other developers to form their own game. To be honest I'm surprised it took THIS long for a Sony crossover fighter to show up, but better late than never I guess.

Posted Image

#27 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

Looks great to me, definitely getting it. I just wonder if Sony really has enough decent first party characters these days to fill up the roster.. Sure they can bring in third parties, but then it's kind of saying something if they don't even have enough IPs of their own to use for it.

And I don't particularly see why it being similar to Smash Bros is a bad thing. Now, if they started denying the fact that it was obviously inspired by SSB, THEN It'd be an issue. But the fact is, they're just doing what literally everyone else in the industry has done at some point and taking concepts from other developers to form their own game. To be honest I'm surprised it took THIS long for a Sony crossover fighter to show up, but better late than never I guess.

Also they aren't saying Super Smash Brothers is a bad game(insulting it). Now only if Little Big Planet could come to Nintendo.

LordPickleton.png

#28 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

Where is Jak I need Jak, he was my childhood.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#29 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

I'll get it for Sly. That's been my stance on this game ever since I heard of it.
Posted Image

#30 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

Sony All Star Fighting game, Rip off of SSM?

Rip off of Super Smash Mothers?

Yeah, they've totally copied the entire formula from Sakurai, I'd love to see what he thinks of that.
Knowing Nintendo, they'll view it as a compliment, when they should be suing the pants off that two-bit company.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#31 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

It seems to me that it will be quite similar to the SSB games, but it will incorporate more of a fighting system to it (like street fighter or tekken).

I still don't understand why people are so pissed. It's like you guys are acting that a gaming company cannot do a fighting game with a SSB style.
If there's any major difference, the Sony version may not be broken as hell compared to SSBB.

#32 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

If I were Nintendo I'd be flattered considering that the competition looks up to my games. :D

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#33 AegisReflector

AegisReflector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:08 AM

I still don't get why people just bash Sony for implanting similar gameplay.

I know this is a Nintendo-based forum, but come on, at least be open-minded about such game.

#34 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:11 AM

I still don't get why people just bash Sony for implanting similar gameplay.

I know this is a Nintendo-based forum, but come on, at least be open-minded about such game.

Most people aren't open-minded on these types of forums, I bet they don't even care about the other Super Smash Brother clones that are more similar to SSB than this game is.

LordPickleton.png

#35 AegisReflector

AegisReflector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

Most people aren't open-minded on these types of forums, I bet they don't even care about the other Super Smash Brother clones that are more similar to SSB than this game is.

Exactly! And I guess my point about other fighters that take the same elements from predecessors are not necessarily "ripoffs" are void unless it's by Nintendo or some first party developer for Nintendo. >.>

#36 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

You know, I never really heard anyone complain about that one Tales of game that looked A LOT like Smash Bros.

I guess the problem really is that it was made by Sony...

http://www.vg247.com...ysitting-tools/
http://www.nintendol...o_2006_nintendo

Well, when they say things like that it makes people less receptive to copying.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#37 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

I'm pretty sure Namco was giving a facepalm to Nintendo when The Outfoxies got copied by SSB.

JUST SAYIN'

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#38 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

I'm pretty sure Namco was giving a facepalm to Nintendo when The Outfoxies got copied by SSB.

JUST SAYIN'

Dude!
Don't start another argument xD
Posted Image

#39 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

JUST SAYIN'

http://www.destructo...ves-71897.phtml

heh, looks super.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#40 Poliwhirl

Poliwhirl

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

On a side note, I personally think Street Fight, Tekken, MK, etc are all basically the same game with minor differences that distinguish them.

I hope you're kidding.
Posted Image

The King of Fighters series + Wii U ports = AWESOME!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!